I. Could. Just. Cry.  

Posted by Heidi in

Because I have allowed too much food to go to waist (spelling intentional) and as a result my clothes have shrunk which is clearly the fault of the nasty dryer and I am so hot but have so much sweaty work to do and it feels even harder after spending two days alone overnight with my husband sans kids for the first time in 17 years celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary (more on that later) and the Middle Child, whilst we were gone, had to clean up Big Guy barf and major dog messes (it seems the dog took exception to our absence) but now that we're back, all of that kind of thing falls on my shoulders, plus the store and promoting my book and taking care of the house and the flowers and church stuff and being a good neighbor and then there are my friends who are being sadly neglected and trying to find time to see my beautiful neice and her cutie-patootie husband and her cutier-patootier little boy who are visiting from out of state and, well, it just makes me want to sit down and weep.






How is your day going?







(Click here for a peek at the store's new blog. It's awfully sweet if I do say so myself.) (And I do.)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at Wednesday, June 22, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I'm relating to you completely. My 25 year anniversary is in three weeks and I'm desperately trying to catch up with my shrinking wardrobe. It used to be so easy!

June 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Well, reading about your day just made mine seem a lot better! :-) Good luck with everything!

June 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Heidi, I have only one way to help from here--(((hugs))).

It sounds like life is piling stuff on you. I hope you can come up for air soon! Love you lots!

June 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM

It is always so so hard to come back home to reality. It does sound like you have good things to do, but they are stacking up fast. Best wishes and hugs across the miles.

June 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM

*hugs* I am so sorry for the tough return but I'm glad you were able to get away for the first time in 17 years! MC was amazing to take care of so much! You're amazing, Heids. Truly so amazing.

June 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Sister, I can relate! Just know that things will be easier soon. I don't know when, but soon! :)

June 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I'm glad you got out. Sorry you came back to the brunt of the world. I have stuff for you, but I need to make sure you want it first.

June 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM

*virtual hugs* I know what you mean. I've been away from home for over a week (at a conference) so I'm feeling a bit homesick at the moment.

June 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I have a dryer JUST LIKE THAT. I could weep too.....after moving here and the enormous adjustments I've had to make and loosing my son.....I have gained almost 20 lbs.....groan.
Why is it so much harder to take it off then put it one. I HATE how I look and feel right now.
So...wendy...do something about it eh.
YOU certainly have your plate full. I don't know how you do everything you do.
I do admire you my friend.

June 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Post a Comment