My Chemical Romance  

Posted by Heidi


Why does this picture of my husband, Roy, look like one of those cheesy Lifetouch school pics? Because, when he isn't busy being the love of my life, he is an elementary school teacher. This picture of him actually turned out pretty good, in spite of the circumstances, which is why I am posting it and not the one I took of him ten years ago when he let his beard grow into some actual stubble . . . sigh . . . he looked like a movie star! I won't say which one in order to avoid any dissenting comments along the lines of, "You have got to be joking!" but if you saw it, you might think he looked hot (which he did. And does, just not usually in photos).
Why the moniker of "My Chemical Romance"? How to put this delicately . . . let's just say he takes drugs. Okay, so they are prescribed and they are needful and when they work right he is happy, productive, supportive, attentive, affectionate and generally not under the covers trying to escape reality (i.e., me, the kids, his job, you know the drill). When they don't, well, let's just say that things can get pretty grim around here. Yay, drugs!
Meanwhile, he is a fab husband and father who has pretty much put aside most of his interests and hobbies to meet the demands of family life. Who knew, when we dated in high school, that we would still be together after all these years? I love you, Roy . . .

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at Wednesday, April 30, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Post a Comment