It's Dinnertime AGAIN???  

Posted by Heidi

Dinner.

Specifically, making it.

I hate it.

With a passion.

Oh, I enjoy eating, I do, it's just that food doesn't taste as good as something made by someone else, i.e. something I haven't been snacking on prior to sitting down and actually eating it. So, making it is bad but thinking up what to have is almost worse. Every time I actually cook (which isn't often because there is a direct relation between how hard I try, number of pans I dirty, number of dishes I prepare with how urgently my kids reject it) I vent a huge sigh of relief forgetting, completely forgetting, that the whole thing has to be done all over again in less than 24 hours.

Somewhere between breakfast and lunch, it occurs to me---dinner will be expected tonight. Again! What am I going to fix? Ai yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! It just never ends.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

And I'll bet you're all so glad I did.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 1, 2008 at Tuesday, July 01, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Post a Comment