The Blogger's Nemesis: Holiday Weekends  

Posted by Heidi in

My hits over the weekend have plummeted, as in, Crash and Burn. Perhaps everyone is out enjoying the great outdoors, or, even, (gasp!) snuggled in front of a fire with a good book (after all, Miss D is currently in 53 libraries across the nation) (too braggy?) (probably) (still . . .). I was feeling pretty low but then this arrived in my inbox from a very special someone. Tune in tomorrow for my theories on why holiday weekends are the bane of bloggers everywhere (because today I'm gonna go play).


This entry was posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 at Monday, November 10, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

24 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I try to keep all the commandments, except that killing one, it's way too hard, but I just put a request in for this book at my library, does that count.

November 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Yes! You bet! You get one free klling, free of charge. (I'll let you know if it shows up on worldcat.org) (And thanks so much!)

November 10, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Love the Marquee. WOW!

My hits plummetted too!

Blogger fatigue. let's blame it on that.

Your verifier says blogre. I KID YOU NOT!

Blog reprieve. I love a quick verifier.

November 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Very Cool. Oh the blog anxiety...

November 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM

No kidding, Crash! It's almost like they (whomever they are) are purposefully playing with our minds. Katie--yes, lots of anxiety but I'm doing better than I was. I'm getting jaded. :)

November 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Wow! I wonder how many signs there are like that all over the country! :) Maybe we can all go to nearby churches and request that they also announce the eleventh commandment.

November 10, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Lisa--And that would be so darn useful in Poland where you can't even get my book . . . I wonder, is it tomorrow for you already?

November 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM

How about "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's writing career"? I might be breaking that one...

A bit of a lag on comments here too.

November 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Kazzy, thanks for the blogging update. Yay! I guess it isn't personal. As for coveting a writing career, I am still busy doing that in spite of my own teeny weeny one. It just never ends. In fact, I have heard that there is a lot of jealousy in this profession, so . . . . It IS tons of fun but it is a far cry from the "be-all end-all" that comes from being a wife and mother and living the gospel. I am personally astounded that I am getting this particular frosting on my cake but ever so darn grateful!

November 10, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Excellent advertising. You can't go wrong when the Lord is involved.:)

November 10, 2008 at 4:15 PM

My comments and hits are way down, too. These things are cyclical, I tell myself, so I don't cry in the corner. (they'll be back up soon.)

November 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Thanks Beck! But if you do end up crying in the corner, can you let me know? We can compare notes. I can bring tissues. It could be fun.

November 10, 2008 at 4:49 PM

So sorry about the lack of hits, Heidi. I just thought it'd be nice to invite everyone over to my blog for a change...I had no idea they'd decide to ignore yours like that...

Really hate it for ya, you know?   ;)

And another thing...I don't know why everyone thinks that marquee is so great. "Thou shalt buy Miss Delacort what?" I know Christmas is coming up, but hey, I'm a busy man. I don't time to play 'mind reader.' Maybe you should give those guys at Clayton a lesson in how to write complete sentences.

Heck, your kids could write a better Christmas list than that...

November 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM

AJ, all I can say is that it is a good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I read your comment--I did, however, snort with laughter. Several times. So unladylike!

November 10, 2008 at 9:36 PM

I know I have said it before but I just can't help saying it again. AJ is funny!!

November 10, 2008 at 10:17 PM

You have very witty people leaving comments on your posts, Heidi. It's almost half the fun of visiting your blog :-) As for the 11th commandment I'm sure Holly might have mentioned I'm the spirit of the law kind of girl rather than letter of the law. But for you I will obey this one with exactness.

Okay, I need to figure out how you guys know how many hits your blogs are getting.

November 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Christine--AJ is very funny and it is always a great day when he visits my blog. Click on his name to find his blog. Marivic--Holly hasn't said much at all to me about you--she isn't the gossipy type. As for how many hits, I use sitemeter. Warning: it can be life consuming . . .

November 11, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Um... am I out of the loop? Was it a holiday weekend last weekend?

Oh, and can I make up my own 11th commandment? Like thou shalt not bug mom when she's blogging. Or thou shalt always put the seat down. Or thou shalt never whine about what's for dinner.

Now those are commandments I'd be on board with.

November 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Congratulations on your book!! You must feel like a Rock Star! Or something close to that. :)

November 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Ah, Becky, it's just me being an airhead. Again. Today is Veteran's Day so our school district got off today and yesterday. I should have stopped to think that most of the world doesn't even get today off. Sabrina thanks--what does a rock star feel like?

November 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Love the sign! I think the low traffic is because the holiday season is starting. I know a few people who went away for the long weekend (lucky) and a few others who are getting ready for the holidays already too.

November 11, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Oh that is beyond sweet!

November 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Jen--I am sure you are right. That's one reason I like being your friend--you have such a good brain. :) Kim--I'm lost. What's sweet? Oh! I get it! Yes--to do with your blog, not mine. Right. Sheez. I think I must need a nap. Tara! How did I miss your comment before? Thank you!

November 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Haha! That is cute. Must be a pretty good book if it has made it to commandment status. :o)
You have a fun blog.... thanks for visiting mine today. And about my hair, isn't it funny how going back to my roots is a crazy change? Women.. I tell ya!

November 13, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Post a Comment