Miss Delacourt Makes Her Debut  

Posted by Heidi in


Miss Delacourt won't be making her official curtsy to the Queen until December 24th, however, she is a sensible young lady so her mother has declared her unofficially "out". This means that she is allowed to accept invitations to your home where she promises to be a delight to all who come to know her (which is regency-speak for Miss Delacourt has hit libraries all over the country and people are reading her. People I don't even know, have never even heard of! )
As you can imagine, this is pretty epic, mind-boggling and tres exciting! On Monday morning I reported that six library systems (there are multiple libraries in each system) have ordered one or more copies of Miss D. There are now 49 on the list (click on the book cover in the sidebar to be taken to the list of library systems). However, not all library systems are with worldcat.org. I have discovered, through the efforts of a friend in San Jose, that the library system there has ordered 15 copies of Miss D! There is no sign of this on worldcat.org, the link to which the book cover takes you should you click on it. I am about to go through the list to see just how many books have been purchased by libraries (that I know of) and how many books are checked out and being read right this moment. I will be updating this post when I know the full scoop while trying to get ready for the Big Guy's 19th birthday party. And put away Halloween. And get the kids ready for church tomorrow. Oh, man, my head hurts! At least the Big Guy doesn't want cake--he wants banana splits and hot fudge sundaes. For which I am very grateful!
UPDATE: There are 51 library systems (that I know of) that carry Miss D and 75 different libraries with 77 books purchased so far. Four of them have been checked out (most libraries don't have their copy on the shelves, yet) and four people have put a hold on it. If any of those are you, please comment and let me know. Yay!

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 8, 2008 at Saturday, November 08, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 wise, witty and wonderful comments

how exciting Heidi! congrats! and happy birthday to the big guy!

November 8, 2008 at 10:17 AM

You must be tickled pink! Congratulations. You know one of the review networks I belong to will have us blogging about a book soon, since you are out in blogosphere, this would be a perfect advertising strategy for your publishing company. Do they have some plans to promote you online?

November 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Yay!! I really wish my library would order it! :(

November 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Thanks Tina! Sorry Lisa! It probably costs a lot to have one mailed, huh? Christine--my publisher is mainly a library publisher and they are just now putting their toe in the water with the internet and all of that They are a legit NY publisher but they are small and can't handle a huge amount of sales (though I am willing to do my best to give them a run for their money). So, except for having the book listed with Amazon and all the other biggies and lots of smallies and promoting my book via their own website and sending out a few promo packets to three newspapers, they do nothing else. It is up to me. I am interested in what you are suggesting. What do I have to do?

November 8, 2008 at 12:59 PM

I am so excited for you! I will be getting on Amazon soon to get my copy. Yea! The closest library to me is in Idaho :(

November 8, 2008 at 1:05 PM

We're going to the library later today and I'm going to request a copy of it.

November 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Kazzy, you're kidding! Idaho? I'm guessing you don't live on the border of Utah and Idaho--yikes! Mary--thanks so much! I really do appreciate it!

November 8, 2008 at 2:30 PM

How exciting! Congrats!

November 8, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Heidi,

In response to your response...lol. The group I am doing a book review through later this month is The Family Review Network, There is a button foe it on my sidebar. Hope that helps!

The Power of Housewife Word of Mouth

November 8, 2008 at 5:03 PM

I requested it at my library. Don't know yet if they will approve the request. Their website says they will automatically put it on hold for the person requesting it, if they order it.

November 8, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Thanks Jen and Christine!

November 8, 2008 at 9:32 PM

That's fabulous! Congratulations!

November 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM

OMGosh, I'm sooooo excited for you! You must be on cloud 9. It's every writer's dream.

I can't wait to read it!!!

November 10, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Kim and Crash, thanks so much! I am very excited, yes!

November 10, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Post a Comment