Totally Shocking Facts About Twilight  

Posted by Heidi in

I don’t know why I even bother to post anything today due to the fact you are all at the movies, or waiting in line at the movies, or getting ready to go to the movies or in New York to see Spamalot a la Alyson and Kelly. However, I feel compelled to share with all two of you this shocking fact about Twilight: I do not have a ticket to see it today. Furthermore, I do not have concrete plans to see it any time in the future. I might even consider not seeing it until it comes out on DVD.

Blasphemy, you say? I say not, due to the rather largish flat screen TV that doubles as a faux fireplace in our living room. The screen is well over two feet tall which means whenever there’s a head shot of anyone, said anyone’s nostrils are about half a foot long. That’s about all the nostril I can take, people, even if Robert Pattison’s. Who am I kidding? Especially Robert Pattison’s.

Still, if I don’t join the rabid obsession and run out to the nearest movie theater in the next couple of months, I will have to wait eons for the movie to come out on DVD. What’s a girl to do? Answer: conduct a poll to ask what you all think of the movie a la Goodreads (you know, when you get those emails asking “Should I read Twilight?” from 11 year olds who were too young to read it back in the day and their dad’s who are just now noticing all the tumult), in light of which, I would ever so appreciate your voting in the far right sidebar.

Finally, this random, shocking fact. I changed the sheets on my bed. The Spouse was thrilled, especially since I put on the red and white paisley flannel ones. Since my bedspread is a delicious creamy white antique matelasse number, peeling back the covers to get in or out of bed feels like being coddled in the embrace of a red velvet cake with French icing. Yum!


Other random facts. Miss D reached and surpassed 100 library systems today. I wanted to be sure to mark that milestone since I missed my 100th post event (as well as my 200th post event) and figured there needed to be a 100 of something event in here somewhere.

Please, people, vote. I need to know if it worth the admission fee to see a movie where-in you already know, in minute detail, exactly what happens. Is it worth it?

This entry was posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 at Friday, November 21, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

36 wise, witty and wonderful comments

YaY for the velvety frosting sheets. YUM-O. Now wonder your husband was so thrilled.

And YaY for the 100 mark. Libraries Rock!

I'm honored to be one of your two readers this day. And to also confess I don't have Twilight tickets or plans.

November 21, 2008 at 8:27 AM

now I want a big piece red velvet cake! thanks a lot. but since I am not going to see Twilight..(I've never even read the book :0} I know, I'm so lame...)... maybe I'll make me one!

(who am I kidding. I have to clean house and finish projects cause adam and kids are coming into town. Wendy and Mikaelyn are going to Africa for Thanksgiving!! long story!)

November 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM

ha, you changed the sheets. Mark down the date!!! (I'm making fun of myself due to yesterday's post)

I'm actually going to Twilight tonight. I'm like a little sheep, following the herd.

November 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Geez, too bad you live far away on a desert island or we could do lunch and talk about anything but that book and that movie and those actors (the whole thing kinda creeps me out and not because of the Vampires).

November 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Hillary, I know, I want a piece of red velvet, too--every day. Kind of the downside to my delish sheets. But very holidayish and one must have priorities. Africa! Yikes! Email me with the story, mahn! Heather--I would probably go too if I could be guaranteed it was worth the entry fee. The feel of the trailers just doesn't hold the same appeal for me as the book (which I enjoyed whilst reading them--they just didn't spark any obsession which, in me, is tres odd, obsessive little freak, that I am!)

November 21, 2008 at 8:36 AM

I love flannel.

I also don't plan to see the movie. I only read the first book and didn't love it enough to continue.

November 21, 2008 at 8:41 AM
Anonymous  

What a fabulously catchy blog entry title. I hope you don't mind. I had to stop by and see what the Twilight facts are.

I have to admit that, while I would love to see the movie, chances are that we will also rent it. :)

Thanks again for the fun entry!

November 21, 2008 at 8:49 AM

Twilight Schmilight.

November 21, 2008 at 9:02 AM

You want blasphemy... I don't intend on seeing the movie EVER! Ah, that's right, I said it!
Congrats on 100 library systems! That is awesome.

November 21, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Eowyn, a lot of people feel the same as you--they are probably afraid to say so, kind of like the Prop 8 thing--ha ha! Mommychickadee--of course I don't mind! The more the merrier! If you go see the movie, though, don't forget to come back and vote. And if you aren't going to see it, vote that way too, if you please. Thanks! You, too, Becky and Randi. I appreciate hearing all of your remarks because I think the whole furor is ridiculous. Happy buzz is good, furor is crazy.

November 21, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Well, I can hold out too. Actually, our ward is trying to do a girls night and we are going after Thanksgiving. The YW are invited too, which may actually make us look legitimate to see the movie. I have to say, I am slightly embarrased every time I see the movie preview on TV. Since you know April and her sister Janelle, you will have to ask Janelle about the time we saw Harry Potter with the YW. They made it super fun...with homemade t-shirts, wands and capes!!!

November 21, 2008 at 9:48 AM

I would like to see it. I have only read the first book, though. The hype was big here where Meyer is from-- did you here Meyer even threw herself a red carpet event? My neighbor was invited and went. As for me, I am SO not a night person that a midnight movie is just out of the question. Maybe this weekend.

November 21, 2008 at 9:56 AM

I also don't have tickets, and not because I have an awesome big screen TV< either. Because I have no desire to see it. I probably will eventually, but the trailers didn't wow me, and also the books didn't wow me at all.

Your bed sounds delicious. :)

November 21, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Katie, I will deff have to ask April and Janelle about that--I have never met J, just chatted through blogs, but I hope to meet her soon. Becky--I probably shouldn't say this, but I wonder that Steph isn't just a little embarrassed by all of this. I mean, I would be. Don't get me wrong--if she wants to throw herself a party because her book got made into a movie, she deserves it, and, hey, I would be so excited if the same thing happened to me (which it won't) but if it were me, I would feel that it was all just a little too off kilter with "the plan", you know, the real reason we are all here. Lara--in my big-screen-tv-defense, it was a gift from The Spouse's family when he got his teaching degree. As for the bed, it needs no defense--it's all good!

November 21, 2008 at 10:29 AM

LOVE the red velvet cake analogy. But now I am hungry.

I did go to the midnight TWILIGHT show last night, not because I am obsessed, but because my friend had tickets! For what it is trying to be, I think it nailed it. But,... you know.

Maybe I went to just have some girl time :)

November 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Kazzy, darling, I have no negative thoughts or feelings about anyone who goes--heck no! Even at midnight (which I think is insane but only because I turn into a witch right about then--alas, a pumpkin would be so much more friendly). Was it good? Did you vote? Because I need to know. The previews are all gray and dull and I know what happens, so if I were to go on that info alone, I wouldn't pay to see it. I saw the Harry Potter movies, even though I had read the books, because they seemed so visually appealing but Twilight looks like ditch water to me. Bella is good but I have a prob with Robby as Edward. In fact, it is a good thing that my all time fave book and hero have never been made into a movie because it could never be as good as it is in my imagination. I'm sorry if I sounded judgemental about the whole thing.

November 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I'll probably wait until I can rent it for a dollar at redbox.

November 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM

*Mary* you are a girl after my own heart.

November 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I loved the scenery. Beautiful Washington shots. Moody. Stilted dialogue. Some were sighing, some were laughing. It felt awkward. I thought the leads did a respectable job. Just not my kind of movie. ECLIPSE sat on my nightstand for 6 months.

November 21, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Kazzy, thank you! That helps a lot!

November 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Anonymous  

can't help you, I refuse to read the book and our house rule is no movie if you havent read the book. LOL

hey, I want to talk to you about your fybro....

spasm5@att.net

November 21, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Stacey--that's a pretty good house rule. What if there is no book written of a movie? Not a prob with Miss D, of course, but there are some other good movies out there that hatched out of a studio. An email with fibromyalgia as the subject line has gone out--thanks!

November 21, 2008 at 5:27 PM

I was totally planning on waiting until it came out on DVD, but then my sister told me she bought tickets and I will be going with her tomorrow. So, I guess that was decided for me!

I am jealous of your sheets.

November 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Erin--everyone should be jealous of my sheets. Seriously! They almost make winter fun (as if winter is a big deal here in the SF bay area). Enjoy the movie! My daughter is there now. It will be interesting to see what she thinks.

November 21, 2008 at 6:13 PM

I've never caught the Twilight fever. And I don't care if that means I'm un-cool. No plans to get on the bandwagon ever.

Yay for changing your sheets! And another Yay for Miss D surpassing 100!

BTW, I came over to let you know I will be on blog-cation and will not be able to visit and comment for awhile. I will miss your posts but I will be back. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

November 21, 2008 at 9:09 PM

You've missed out on Eli Stone, it was a pretty good show. :( I'm still choked up about it. hehe.

It's funny, Taylor has never looked like anyone in our family. It's been an on-going joke that maybe he got switched at the hospital, but Hudson definitely looks like him when they were the same age. I guess maybe we are related after all.

I did know about Mervyns. It is crazy. We have many of them out here. I worked at one in Salt Lake while I went through Hair School. While it is sad they are done, I do love me a good Store Closing Sale!

November 21, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Congratulations on the 100 mark! That's exciting. Is your book for sale everywhere? You must be so excited (if a little terrified). Good for you!

Velvet cake; my favorite! :)

November 22, 2008 at 8:02 AM

P.S. I'm not in a hurry to see the movie (or read the book) either, so I'll have to follow these comments...

November 22, 2008 at 8:03 AM

Heidi! Save your time and Money! Unless you want to
a) listen to 100 screaming 13 year old girls go bananas EVERYTIME edward appeared on screen (i am not making this up!)
b) like really bad movies...

although it was good for a few laughs.

November 22, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Marivic,-have a great blogcation! Randi--isn't it fun to continue facebook and email conversations from blog to blog? Barb--it's hard to explain but it is available everywhere on the internet but not in brick and mortar stores (see post Laying Hands on Miss Delacourt for further explanation) Sabrina--thanks for the info. My daughter saw it last night and she said the same thing. People were laughing during the dramatic parts, etc. Okay, now I can go feel sorry for Steph.

November 22, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Thanks for your info about lavender.
I love it and use the essential oil for everything..better for burns than aloe.

Yes, I am related to *Mary* although she may not admit it.

As for "Twilight"; the last time I saw *Mary* I was in need of a good book and asked to borrow one in the series. She refused, saying that I shouldn't even get involved.

Well, it could because after reading the first 3 Harry Potter books, I decided to read no more.
I think she is still bitter toward me for that.
I think that I would like your book though.

November 22, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Kit--what a nice surprise! Thanks for visiting my blog. I think maybe Mary has it right about Twilight and I think you have it right about my book (bwahhahhhaa!)

November 22, 2008 at 12:02 PM

I can't believe it has taken me so long to find my way over to your absolutely lovely blog.

As for Twilight, I am planning to see it next week for a Girls' Night Out. In the meantime, I am attempting to read the book one more time to refresh my memory... but having a hard time dedicating much time to it.

At any rate, I won't be able to vote on your poll until after Wednesday... and it will probably be closed by then. boo hoo on me.

November 22, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Funny Farmer (you are OBG's daughter, right?) anywho, check back when you see it, you never know, the poll might still be up. I think either reading it or seeing the movie is a must if you enjoy that kind of thing (I love vampires)but I think the movie will probably be better if you haven't read the book first. Just my opinion based on the chat I've been hearing.

November 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM

This is one Mormon gal who wants nothing to do with Twilight. So, I'm happy you aren't camping overnight to see the monstrosity. Yay for Heidi!

Congrats on your book!

November 24, 2008 at 8:24 AM

Oh, and Spamalot was great! Though I liked it better than Kelly and her lot.

November 24, 2008 at 8:24 AM

Post a Comment