A Floral Tribute For The Mothers Of Blogdania  

Posted by Heidi in

The New Dawn climbing rose bush finally bloomed! Fourteen months of anticipation gratified!

Eventually it will climb and clamber over and down along the other side of the arch--can't wait!



A pretty pink geranium.



The big leafy Hollyhocks are growing but I'm not sure if they will bloom again this year . . .



What I call the "Celtic Corner" inspired by the cool and verdant greenery of England.



Abraham Darby Old English Rose by David Austen. Smells like heaven.




This bougainvellia is just getting started ... .





My mother's day present last year . . .(it's a reproduction).



My newest rose acquisition . . . a Double Delight like the cover of Miss D. This was how it looked on Saturday. Below is how it looks today. I guess that's why they call it Double Delight!




Happy Mother's Day to all of my wonderful blog friends!
For those who wish to know a little more about how Miss D came into being, I was interviewed by Johnna Benson Cornett on Segullah. Click here to read it.

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at Sunday, May 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

33 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Your garden is amazing!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

May 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM

WOW!! Thanks, Heidi! And happy Mother's Day to you, too! That Double Delight is fabulous. They all are! Thanks for the flowers! :)

May 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM

So so so Beautiful!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

May 10, 2009 at 10:35 AM
Anonymous  

You have a lovely garden! Thanks for sharing it. I wish I could smell the roses.

May 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Your garden is gorgeous, I have a big thing for roses, so its right up my alley! Thanks, and happy mother's day to you!!

May 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for the flowers. You are so sweet! I can't believe what a green thumb you have!

May 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Are these pictures all from your backyard? It is a photographer's paradise! I would love to take pictures there!

May 10, 2009 at 4:08 PM

So beautiful - I love all the flowers!

I want to THANK YOU so much for the Chloraseptic suggestion. It is a miracle - we finally have peace in our home after 2 weeks! The best mother's day present ever!!

I hope you have a fabulous mother's day - you truly deserve it!

May 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM

How lovely! Happy mothers day to you too!

May 10, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I love a beautiful garden and yours it amazing. I think the Celtic corner is great and your roses - wow. But you live in a place where things probably grow better then her in hot and dry Utah. I'd love to walk through your garden.

May 10, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Anonymous  

And Happy Mother's Dday to you, as well. We had some beautiful roses here when we were first married. The deer really appreciated our providing them with one of their favorite treats....

May 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Happy Mother's Day. Your flowers are gorgeous.

May 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM

WOW your garden looks fantastic - dreamy and I'm quite jealous!

May 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Just found your fun blog! Beautiful garden. What a wonderful place to get to enjoy the outdoors.

May 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous... I'm going to go hide my head in shame behind my tall weeds and one single calla-lily.

May 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I'm glad I could share my garden with all of you. Please note--I live in California so I had an instant garden come April. It really does pay to plant perennials and rose bushes around here b/c they bloom close to 8 months a year. Also, I don't really have much of a garden, just patches here and there--nothing to walk through. A lot of it is in containers b/c both my front and back "yards" (they're tiny so I don't know if you can really call them yards) are mostly cement. Melissa--I would love to have you photo my flowers! Too bad you live so far away. Pam--you are so generous to the deer! ;) Val--I am SO glad the chloraspetic worked! Yay! I hope you all had a marvelous day!

May 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Debbie--welcome to my blog! Thanks for visiting!

May 10, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Anonymous  

GORGEOUS!! I'm totally jealous -- we had rose bushes by the dozen at our old house, with lots and LOTS of thorns, but now we only have one mini rose bush, planted in honor of my youngest daughter, and I miss the scented ambiance of our old backyard! But we've got lilacs and snowball bushes and allergies now instead!

May 10, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Lovely roses...looks like a corner of heaven.

May 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I have garden envy. Thanks for sharing!!!

May 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Oh my goodness. I am completely impressed. WOW'd actually. You are a Rose GURU! Gorgeous! That says a lot about a person's soul, you know.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

May 10, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Beautiful! You are just so lovely. Happy Mother's Day to you too! (Late)

May 11, 2009 at 5:34 AM

Wow, those are beautiful flowers!! And they are blooming in your garden NOW? I am holding on to the last of our tulips...

May 11, 2009 at 6:59 AM

You have a gift dear! They are lovely. Hope your Mother's Day was sweet.

May 11, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Just beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

May 11, 2009 at 8:12 AM

What beautiful flowers!! Thanks so much for the tribute to mothers. I hope you had a great day as well.

May 11, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Glorious! The New Dawn rose is beyond exquisite!

May 11, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Anonymous  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU TOO, HEIDS!!! Your flowers are just gorgeous. I have to say, I love the New Dawn one. It's so different from any other rose I've ever seen. It's just beautiful! (And I love the celtic corner!)

May 11, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I really like the Abraham Darby. I couldn't help thinking of the HOLLYhocks as HEIDIhocks.

May 11, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful. Your rose collection is so beautiful. Does it take a lot of your time?

May 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Wow!!! That Abraham Darby Old English Rose looks amazing!!! Beautiful garden Heidi - hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

May 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM

How beautiful! I wish I could grow geraniums year-round! Your roses are lovely too. So many different types! I have a climbing rose ... it did not thrive last year. It seems to be climbing a little bit more this year. Yours is doing so well!

May 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Wow! Your flowers are incredible! Happy belated MD to you :)

May 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Post a Comment