The March Madness Opposites Post  

Posted by Heidi in


Am I disappointed that the covers to my two books, one a sequel to the other, two sides to the same coin, have covers that are so at odds with each other? One says “contemporary” (unfortunate, since it’s not) while the other says “in the past”. One is dark, the other is light. One is cold in its striking beauty, the other is warm in it’s glorious golden gorgeousness. Thye really don’t go together at all except that they are both beautiful and both star Miss Delacourt and her determined beau, Sir Anthony.

Mostly, they are a great way to introduce my post about opposites. Below is a photo of a buffet we bought as a fixture for our store. (Sorry for the orbs of light—they are not evidence of departed souls but rather proof of my lack of camera savvy.) I think of “brown” furniture as masculine. Even when they have beautiful, curvy lines such as this one.


Below is a photo of the same piece after being sanded, painted and adorned with rose garland appliqués and new drawer pulls (though I’m still waiting for the knobs for the cabinet doors). (And again, sorry for the rotten picture. This thing is heavy to move and I have made a pact with my sore muscles that we’re not budging it from its current location until it goes on a truck bound for Dunhaven Place TRE.) I think of a piece like this as feminine.




And the point of this little lesson? (While you’re thinking of your answer, take a peek at a drum table I painted pink—love it!!!) (You can see a corner of it in its masculine state in the first photo of the buffet.) (Just saying .. . )



The point is that, today, we have review of Miss Delacourt Has Her Day from both the feminine and masculine perspectives, in point of fact, from the perspectives of a married couple. She is the subject of the poem “written” by Sir Anthony in MD2. He is the person who actually wrote it and was generous enough to let me use it. As I say on the acknowledgements page, Sir Anthony couldn’t have said it any better. I am grateful to James and Rebecca for all of their support. It really means a lot to me. Hugs, you guys!!!

So, be sure to read how HE and SHE view the same romance novel. I think it’s fascinating stuff and very well written fascinating stuff, at that. Plus they say very nice things that made me want to blush, laugh and cry all at the same time. And if you want a crack at winning the Miss Delacourt set of books pictured above, see the sidebar for a link to it and a few other great giveaways going on for the month of March. (It’s madness, people, madness!)

This entry was posted on Friday, March 18, 2011 at Friday, March 18, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Heidi! I haven't commented in forever, but I wanted to tell you that I'm so excited about all the fun stuff you have going on. The book, the store....yay! I love the buffet and can't wait to catch up with Miss Delacourt....as soon as the madness of March comes to a close, for alas, I am a basketball junkie, it's sad but true.

March 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM

What a beautiful buffet table! I would have never thought to add rose garlands.

And the covers are both intriguing in their own ways.

March 19, 2011 at 8:06 AM

I just finished MD2 on my trip to NM and loved it! Nice work! I will do a review of it on my blog soon.

March 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I will hop over and see R's review. Great idea to have two perspectives. :)

Taking my copy to Phoenix this week.

March 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I so wish I lived closer and could drop by your store. You have such a great eye for things. I love it.

March 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I love watching you work your magic on furniture. You're amazing!

The reviews were awesome!

March 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I love your buffet!

Thanks so much for the opportunity to review! You said very nice things. *blush* A thousand hugs, and I love and adore you!

March 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Reading and reviewing your delightful book were such a joy! Like Rebecca said, thanks for the opportunity to do so. It was so much fun! Hugs right back at you!

March 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Anonymous  

Your store is going to rock. Plain and simple.

March 23, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Post a Comment