Cool Contest at Dunhaven Place  

Posted by Heidi in


I woke up this morning and realized that I started this blog two weeks ago. Clearly, a two week anniversary calls for a contest. I was toying with the idea of doing it for my one month blogiversary but why wait? If this is fun, I will do another one then.
So, to have a chance at winning a fab Target gift card for the audacious price of (don't expect too much, my husband is a school teacher) *$15* (like I said . . .) just comment to this post by 5:00 pacific standard time on Friday the 9th of May (2008) and tell us what you call your little darlings. Or big darlings. For example, I call my sons "the boys" and the girl "my daughter". The pioneer woman calls her kids her "punks". Maybe you have fun nicknames for each of your young un's. So, let us in on whether you think the word "kids" is just for goats and prefer "children" instead, or if you have some wacky, zany, word all your own.
The winner will be determined by making a slip of paper for each response by 5:00 PM pst, folding it crisply several times and dumping it into a hat for random withdrawal. Unless I can't find a hat (we aren't big hat wearers around here) then I will use a paper bag, a tupperware bowl or whatever else I have handy at the moment. Rest assured, it will all be done very professionally. Please enter only once (it seems more fair that way) and tell your friends!! Well, just the hard-up ones. Hey, let's be real, anyone could use a free Target gift card, right?

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 8, 2008 at Thursday, May 08, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I call them rugrats.

May 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM

In Spanish I call them traviesos.

May 8, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Roy boy, you only get one entry!

May 8, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Ok. I'll play. It doesn't matter what I call them. They just better come when I do :) j/k

K- her name (she's too old for nick names - she used to call herself KK)
A - Bubba
R - Becca
E - Emm

Or you guys better knock it off!!!!

(i'll try to drum up business)

May 8, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Hey there! Found you through Hillary! I love Target so I am hoping to win!

I have 2 daughters, one is 4 and the other is 15 months. I call both of my girls "Princess" but the baby we have always called "Chub Chubs" because she a little bit chubby unlike her sister was.

We also shorten their names, 4 year old is Madelyn and we call her Maddie or Maddie-girl. 15 month old is Katelyn and we call her Katie, or Katie-girl.

May 8, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Okay, I'm game. My children although grown and married with children of their own have always had nicknames. Jenny my one and only daughter has always been sissie, Ryan is Ry-boy (no relation to John-boy of Walton fame) my Joseph has been Joey, Phino or Joe Joe broke his toe on the way to Mexico. Nicholas has always been my little Niccy or Nicodeam. I have always referred to them collectively as my little tiny newborn babies. The grandkids are all known as my little "Muffins"
Hope I win, I am feeling lucky!
Roxanne

May 8, 2008 at 6:30 PM

When they were little, I called them my babies or sweeties, and when they were teenagers, I teasingly called them brats. Now they are adults, so while I still call them sweetie or sweetheart, I usually call them by their first names.

May 8, 2008 at 7:32 PM

The list of names our daughter has is practically endless...mostly she gets bird or birdie, bug, lou bug, lou buggie, noodle, sweet noodle, sweet noodler, noodler...Yeah. Good thing she's the only one around here or someone might get confused.

May 8, 2008 at 8:44 PM
Anonymous  

In my son's one whole year of life, he has had a lot of nicknames up to this point. Chewy, because of the gargling noise he used to make when he was "cooing", reminding us of Chewbacca from Star Wars. "The Hulk" has stuck even though it's not really appropriate anymore. When he was born, he seemed huge to us, but now that he is walking, he has slimmed out and is no longer HUGE, but "the hulk" still remains one of my most used nicknames.
Handsome boy, Carar (used by my 2 year old nephew), c-rock, C.P., the colinator, shumper, etc...the list goes on and on.
I hope I win, I love the idea of having more flats in my closet. :-)
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BOOK RELEASE!!

May 9, 2008 at 1:26 PM

My daughter is my "Punkin" and I generally call my boys "dude" or "bud." They all answer to "Sweetie," and the dog does, too, cuz that is her name...

May 9, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Post a Comment