My book cover has arrived!!!!!!!!!  

Posted by Heidi in

The book cover for my novel, Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind, has just come to me via email. Roses do play a large role in this book (at least, compared to other inanimate objects) which is why there is such a large one on the cover. What I like best about this image is that my name is in pink. It is a bit hard to read in this picture, but it's there, right under that great big rose. This image also shows the spine of the book to the left. I also like the font--fun, huh? I have put up a poll so you can tell me, anonymously, of course, what you think of this cover. You can choose more than one option. More of our adventures in tornado country to come tomorrow . . .

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at Thursday, June 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I absolutely love love LOVE it. No poll necessary for me. I want you to know that I think it's great. Let's be honest, people do judge a book by its cover -- literally. I do when I just scan a bookshelf. I'd pick your book up based on it's cover. So there you go. How fun. I'm so excited for you. I hope to one day publish...but it's hard work. Way to go. Can't wait to read it.

June 12, 2008 at 3:27 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I think it needs an English manor...
an arbor of roses perhaps.

June 12, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Jenny, I love that you love it--I really value your opinion. Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog.

Reed--you are just funnier than ever! We'll let anyone who might read this wonder about that one. I am honored that you even read my blog let alone comment on it!

June 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Hey Heidi,
The book cover is very Twilightesque, which is from my perspective a very high compliment. I too would pick this over any other as I am a flower freak.
This is just tooooo cool!
Roxanne

June 16, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Anonymous  

Well, I would have to agree with all the positive comments so far. I love black and I love the beautiful colors of the rose...I would definitely notice it and pick it up to see what it was about...I would then say, "Heidi Ashworth, Heidi wrote this....I must buy it and read it immediately!! Which is just what I'm going to do. Love your Blog.. Debbie

June 19, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Post a Comment