I Have Friends Who Want To Read This--Honest!  

Posted by Heidi in ,


I got a review for my book. This has been established. It is from Booklist which I think I mentioned in yesterday's post. To have a review from Booklist is way exciting! To have a review that doesn't say anything bad about your book is a gem. I know when you read it that you might think it sounds rather modest, but I can tell by how this reviewer, (a man no less!), reviews the plot that he enjoyed my book! So, here is it . . .

"It was all the fault of his blasted grandmother’s roses. If the dowager Duchess of Marcross hadn’t insisted that Sir Anthony Crenshaw travel to her country estate to check up on her priceless roses, Anthony would still be comfortably ensconced in his London townhouse rather than rattling around rough country roads with the old termagant’s ward, Ginerva Delacourt. Of course, the journey is fraught with one disaster after another, ultimately culminating in a house party from hell when Anthony and Ginny find themselves staying with a neighbor after Ginny’s maid comes down with a contagious disease. Spending even more time with the opinionated, annoying Ginny seems like the worst sort of holiday imaginable, but much to his surprise, Anthony soon discovers he enjoys battling wits with the always outspoken Miss Delacourt. Ashworth takes some of the stock staples of the traditional regency and gives them her own unique spin in this refreshingly sweet, tartly humorous romance. "
—John Charles
Okay, return to your regularly scheduled programing--post later today . . .
P.S. Gol-darn, I hope this doesn't sound like I am bragging. I'm just sharing. It's just one little book, not the Nobel Peace Prize, right?

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at Thursday, September 25, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

26 wise, witty and wonderful comments

It is a great review! Congratulations. I definitely want to read it and do a review on my blog.

September 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM

o0oo, that sounds fun. I want to read it.

September 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I would love to get something published! Congrats and I am excited to read it in 2 months, 4 weeks and 1 day!

September 25, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Kazzy, it will be in libraries sometime in November which is nice. Becky--I would love to have you review it! NR--thanks for commenting! :)

September 25, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Will it be available in audio form?

My reading skills are kind of ruff.

September 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Rott Weiler, you are hysterical! Now, get back to writing greeting cards!

September 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Oops! I hope that didn't sound condescending. I should have said, "Get back to work!", you know, just that--because if you wanted to write a book and get it published, I know it would happen. So, I'm not saying you are ONLY capable of writing greeting cards which was a pretty dumb thing to say since you illustrate them--and beautifully, too, I might add! RW is ever the talented one in oh so many ways!

September 25, 2008 at 11:09 AM

What a great feeling! Congrats, lady!

September 25, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Thanks so much, Heather!

September 25, 2008 at 12:34 PM

That is so exciting! This is a glowing review... a male saying a romance story is "tartly humorous" what more could you ask for in a review!

September 25, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I know, tell me about it! I was very tickled! Thanks, Jen!

September 25, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Wonderful! I am so excited for you! A real review. I am jealous!

September 25, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Beeswax, thanks! My face is so red because I know I know your name, I just can't remember it. My usually fautly brain is completely kaput today.

September 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Congrats on that! How exciting!

September 25, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Thanks Jessica! I guess you have the laptop today, huh?

September 25, 2008 at 3:37 PM

I just found your blog on one of my friend's comments on a book suggestion blog--I'd love to read it!! Please keep me posted when it's available and congratulations!

September 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Mandy, you bet--there will be updates here as needed BUT the book is up for sale as a pre-order right now at Amazon.com, Target.com, Overstock.com and some other place I have forgotten--if that doesn't do it for you, google it. (overstock has it cheapest so far . .)

September 25, 2008 at 7:09 PM

That really is a great review, Heidi. Congrats! And who knew Regis had an entire literary genre named after him! That guy sure does get around...

:)

September 25, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Nobel schnobel. If, make that, WHEN I get a book published I have made a solemn vow not to speak of anything else for a year. Minimum.

Congrats!!!

September 25, 2008 at 8:49 PM

AJ--Ha ha! For those of you who don't know, the regency was named after King George the 4th who was the Regent of England when his father, Mad King George (the III) was, er, mad. Alison--however you spell your name (I know it's a secret)I wish I could give you a big fat hug! Thanks!

September 25, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Three cheers for you Heidi, you have finally put the family on the map.
Roxanne

And Heidi you are a one woman PR person, who needs advertisement when you have a blog. Good use of your resources.

September 25, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Thanks Roxanne--now everyone, tell your friends because I'm not going to get rich off of the dozen or so of you. (but I appreciate you all the same!)

September 25, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Congratulations! I am so happy and excited for you.

September 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Thanks Christine!

September 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM

It is FANTASTIC, Heidi!

Seriously friends. Buy it. Ask your library to buy it. It is sweet, charming, funny. I can't wait to get my own copy.

The house party from hell and the grandma from boot camp!

Totally clean. Not even any blasphemy. Oh and did I mention I liked it?

(No, I am not Heidi pretending to be Jami. Neither is this a paid endorsement. Sheesh.)

September 26, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Jami--you're a doll! Thank you so much for my first real reader endorsement!! Yay! Actually, there are a couple of regency slang blasphemy words, I just couldn't help it, demme! (I'll slide that virtual twenty under the virtual table virtually any day now!)

September 26, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Post a Comment