Random Thoughts That Demanded My Attention  

Posted by Heidi in

There are 17 dead guys, er, recording artists, on my blog playlist. How many on yours?

I grew up using the words cupboard, jockey box, garbage and milk. My kids say cabinet, glove compartment, trash and melk (yes, melk). Blame The Spouse.

I had a yen to clean the house today. It actually seemed more appealing than blogging. The Spouse wondered if perhaps I should see the doctor. Never fear, it didn't last. The living room looks better, though. As for the orange ring in the toilet . . .

This entry was posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 at Monday, September 22, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

16 wise, witty and wonderful comments

You are funny. I cleaned my orange ring this morning at 5:30am (VERY uncharacteristic of me, BTW!)

September 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Can you come to my house? Please?

September 22, 2008 at 7:17 PM

But not at 5:30 AM or anything even close.

September 22, 2008 at 7:17 PM

I've never heard of a Jockey Box.

I just read you Looney bin post...seriously funny. The reason I love blogging is because bloggers are all the same! I mean, not all the same, but samer than you'd think, considering how different we all are! I meant to say samer, is not a typo.

I only check my stats every couple of weeks now. But I still love comments. I love to put something out into the world and get immediate feedback. It isn't just for me. If it was just for me, it would be in Microsoft Word.

September 22, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Heidi you are such a visual blogger. Or maybe I am a visual reader. Whatever it is your last blog painted a rather graphic picture in my head. That must mean I have had the same thing at my house if the picture is so sharp and clear. OOO Nasty. Oh well the joy of that is you can see so clearly when the work is done what you have done. Kind of like letting the dust get really bad before you dispose of it. Oh my this is a little scrambled. It is just too early
Roxanne

September 23, 2008 at 6:31 AM

Oh and I still call it a jockey box

September 23, 2008 at 6:31 AM

The SPOUSE rules!

September 23, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Roxanne, now I know it is my dad who said Jockey Box--that's why we both say it. Leave it to a farm boy. And, I must say I agree with you about the dust (and the toilet bowl)--it is very satisfying when you can see an actual layer of thickness being removed. Beeswax, I know I know your name since I regularly read your very funny blog--I agree, the blogging experience is very similar for a lot of us, to the point where someone pointed out that my looney bin post is very similar to one written by a very talented and popular blogger. I can't find it and don't think I have ever read it--that just goes to show how similar our emotions get over this shared bloggy world!

September 23, 2008 at 10:05 AM

An orange ring sounds like a yummy candy. Except that it's in your toilet which makes it unappealing even to me.

September 23, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Bwahhhaaaaaa!!

September 23, 2008 at 1:06 PM

The spouse is correct on this one.

Go Roy-boy.

September 23, 2008 at 6:43 PM

I grew up saying "market." My Mom said it, but she was not European, unless you count Southern CA as European. Anyway, that is what we always called the store or grocery store at my house. I didn't know how weird I was until I went to college and my roommates thought I was trying to be uppity. To top it, my husband thinks it is weird too. Now I use it out of spite and because I want to be a little uppity..."I am going to the Market" sound much more inviting then, "I gotta go to the store."

September 23, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Also a Spouse, How many google ID's do you have, man? And if you can have at least four, why can't my sisters acquire just one? It's a mystery.

NATA--I quite like market. I think I am going to convert.

September 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Given that my playlist contains a lot of classical music, I'm pretty sure I can top your 17 dead guys.

Now I'm curious.

September 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM

26 if you count composers as well as performers.

September 24, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Eowyn, yes, I was counting composers, too. You win!

September 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Post a Comment