Kreativ Blogger Award--Serious Sunday #4  

Posted by Heidi in


Last week I was the honored recipient of a Kreativ Blogger award from Jami at Superfluous Miscellany whom is clearly a deserving recipient of this award herself based on the title of her blog alone. You should read what she can do with cats and pirate lingo. (see link below)
http://supermisc.blogspot.com/2008/09/sadly-cats-are-unable-to-join-us-in.html

Now it is my turn to pass this award on to six other deserving recipients. I take this task very seriously, which is why I have waited for Serious Sunday to make my announcement.

Drumroll please . . .

Karen at Kazzy’s Ponderings because, for one thing, she knows her way around a metaphor.
http://kazzysponderings.blogspot.com/

Alyson at New England Living because of her creative use of tombstones.
http://connecticutaly.blogspot.com/

Mary because she was my 24th follower but also because she can make anything sound interesting, even a little glob.
http://myglobofblog.blogspot.com/

Kelly at None of Your Beeswax because I love how she says things—her word choices and combos are primo.
http://diversifiedbeeson.blogspot.com/
Jana at Divergent Pathways, and not only because of her gorgeous paintings.
http://divergentpathways.blogspot.com/

Melanie J at Write Stuff because of her creative way of getting her novel writing done. http://www.readandwritestuff.blogspot.com/

Kim at Temporary? Insanity—even her About Me paragraph is super creative.
http://temporaryinsanitybykym.com/

There are many more of you out there who deserve this award so go out there and spread around the Kreative joy.

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at Sunday, October 26, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

20 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Awww thanks, Heidi! That was sweet and unexpected. Any award coming from my author friend is one that means a lot!

October 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM

You are more than welcome and more than deserving!

October 26, 2008 at 1:42 PM

You're published! That is so cool. Now I can say someone famous visited my blog! Cool book cover, by the way.

October 26, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Thanks, Jen. I think it looks kinda Twilightish, which can only be a good thing. I hope.

October 26, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Thank you Heidi, you made me smile.

October 26, 2008 at 5:27 PM

You are more than welcome, Mary!

October 26, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Congrats and excellent choices! I'm a fan of these blogs and I will also say to everyone reading this,
GO READ THEM, they're great!

You asked how I did that (on the EO). I get help from Kim at Temporary?Insanity-next she'll help me with the kinks because I really have no clue what the heck I'm doing :)

my word verification word is
funient. Gotta love it. It should really be a real word.

October 26, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Heather, I meant, how do YOU stay looking so good? Silly!

October 26, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Hahahaha and wheeeee! I love getting awards. Yippee!

And my verification is reona. I took the verification off of my blog but I kind of miss it because every now and then I would do a post where everyone had to define which every security word they got. It was fun. Sometimes I toy with bringing it back just for a day.

October 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM

And then when I went to navigate away from this page, I got ovens! Weird! You're security words are trying to speak to you, I think.

October 26, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Heidi this is random...but are you serving punch at your Halloween party?...if so any good recipe ideas? Also...I was reading all the good reviews...and I'm quite excited to read your book!

October 26, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Ovens, huh? Could it be trying to tell you that I should use mine once in a while? A pretty useless effort on, oh, so many levels. Erin, yes, we are having punch. It is called KOOLAID. It comes in many flavors and we are using a mixture of three exotic flavors called GRAPE, CHERRY and ORANGE with sugar and a very rare ingredient added in, called WATER. This is per the request of the Big Guy who thinks it will look like blood. We'll see. Actually, Granny's punch is the best--a package of koolaid, any flavor you choose, a can of orange concentrate, a can of lime concentrate and a couple of bottles of lemon lime soda. At least I think that's how you make it--anywho, the mixture of lemon lime soda, fruit juice concentrate and koolaid is the key. Your mom-in-law knows how to make it even if I don't. Are you guys having a party? I am glad you are excited to read my book. Do you think you can get your m-i-l to read it? She isn't much into fiction.

October 26, 2008 at 8:18 PM

First of all, congratulations on your book! It looks lovely, and I'm sure it sounds even more lovely. Or reads more lovely. Or loverly. You know what I mean. Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that I followed up on my post at Bloggers Annex (about me throwing away the roses) with the beginning of the story. It is on my blog now. You can paste this into your browser to read it. Thanks! (You said you wanted to know more, so that's why I'm telling you). http://howellherald.blogspot.com/2008/10/matt-and-melissa-cautionary-tale.html

October 26, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Thanks Melissa! That was so thoughtful of you--I will definitely check it out!

October 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Perfect choices!

October 27, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Thanks Eowyn!

October 27, 2008 at 12:02 PM

How did I miss this? Thanks so much!!

October 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM

You are welcome! Maybe if the link to your blog from my blog was working, people would have popped in to your blog with my blog given as a reference and you would have figured it out. Sorry. I really should fix that (only I don't know how or why it doesn't work! Technologies are hard!)

October 28, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Thank you so much, Heidi - I'm honoured!

October 28, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Kim and Alyson--you are more than welcome!

October 29, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Post a Comment