Startling Discoveries (that's it--just Startling Discoveries)  

Posted by Heidi in


I decided to make my bed this morning (it’s been a long time—in spite of which, our relationship is still going strong. We manage to get together every night, at least, even if I’m too busy in the mornings. I’m talking about me and the mattress here, folks. Get your mind out of the gutter, already!) and thereby discovered that at some point in the past, origin unknown, The Spouse decided his pillow case was too dirty (i.e. smelly, drooled upon, plain old soiled) for comfortable (i.e. sleep-inducing) usage and replaced it with a t-shirt. Who knew?

(I took the pic of my cute Halloween guy on the table (above) without first folding and putting away the towels as proof that we (meaning I) do wash the towels here at Dunhaven Place. On occasion. I can’t remember what the occasion was just off the top of my head but there must have been one. Apparently folding them can only be justified by some other occasion. Those of us here at Dunhaven Place are waiting with bated breath to see just what kind of occasion might warrant such an act). (We require a lot of warranting around here.)

(Why is all my best stuff in parentheses? It’s like I’m apologizing for it, a fact (though I’m not sure it is. A fact, that is) for which I am very sorry.)

P.S. Five libraries have bought Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind, thus far . . .woo hoo! To see for yourself (if desired) click on my book cover in the side bar.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 at Monday, October 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 wise, witty and wonderful comments

YAY! 5 libraries! You're about to be famous! YOU Go, MORMON girl.

I'll definitely be purchasing a copy in 2 months.

And thank you for feeeling my pain. Ain't it so hard when your family and friends don't get you? Worse is when your husband and kids don't get you.

October 20, 2008 at 2:23 PM

My kids haven't made an attempt--I can always hope--my husband is good at pretending. I think. It's hard to know for sure. (He's really good.)

October 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Some of my favorite blogs are the ones where we get to see glimpses into people's homes and families. I need to do more of this!

October 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Kind of like a voyuer, eh Kaz? That's okay, you can take a peek anytime (obviously) but there is nothing wrong with what you write on your blog--it's great!

October 20, 2008 at 3:40 PM

That's awesome!

Love the story about the t-shirt wrapped pillow! haha

October 20, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Your towels match your blog background.

October 20, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Yes, indeed, Mary, much in my life matches. I am obsessively color coordinated. Pink, green, white, these are the color-fabric of my life. Thanks for noticing!

October 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM

I agree that your best stuff is in paragraphs. Even if you meant to say your best stuff is in parantheses.

Your halloween table is super cute and I love that you have a color palette for your life--and that The Spouse is happy to live in your pink and green haven.

October 21, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Oh, Johnna, how embarrassed am I?!?! Yes, parentheses. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I would much rather know and feel awful than not know and have people virtually snickering and pointing their fingers at me. I have gotten really bad about remembering correct words, etc. I want to say it's a fibromyalgia thing but I suspect it is more like an alzheimers thing. And, yes, The Spouse has had to acclimate to the pink and green and even has the sense to say that he likes it, even loves it, should I dare to drill him about it. And speaking of a color palette for my life, that is about to change--at least on my blog. Stay tuned . ..

October 21, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I'm glad to know someone besides me doesn't fold towels. I mean hey, you're just going to use them again right? I sound like my 6 year old when he whines about putting away his clothes.

October 21, 2008 at 4:19 PM

I have to say that is one of the most aggravating things about being a homemaker--doing things that are going to get undone any second. I hate it! Blogging lasts forever . . .

October 21, 2008 at 6:19 PM

(I'm a parantheses junkie, too).

October 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM
Anonymous  

I honestly kind of wish that my husband would take it upon himself to replace his pillowcase with a t-shirt now and then. He seems perfectly content to stew in his own juices as long as I can stand it.

October 22, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Hee hee! Tho, some would say, why doesn't the Spouse just wash the sheets? I plead the fifth.

October 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Post a Comment