Can You Believe It? Tagged Again!  

Posted by Heidi in

I have been blogging for seven months and no tags until I was tagged tonight for the second time in roughly 24 hours. This time I was tagged by the fascinating Nouveu Me of The Rich Are Not Like You And Me. (Go here http://nouveau-riche-mormon.blogspot.com/2008/10/tagged-seven-random-facts-about-me.html and I'll get to learning Mr. Linky soon, I promise!!) BTW, I was tagged yesterday by a great new blog friend, Stacey of The Taylor Tidbits --click here http://taylor-tidbits.blogspot.com/ You can read about the mayhem that ensued from that in the previous post.

Seven Random (or weird) Facts About Me:

1. I have an ironic/iconic eyebrow which came about by way of imitating the imitable Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame (which is why I imitated him, he being so imitable, and all) when just a tot.

2. I don't like fruit pie. In fact, I don't like my fruit cooked in anything at all whatsoever. It makes Thanksgiving a little less fattening, unless there is chocolate cream pie in residence.

3. I adore the color pink but I never wore it (except whilst pregnant with my first because my mother in law purchased all pink--and blue--maternity outfits for me) until just a few years ago. This one baffles even me (esp. since I looked good in the pink maternity outfits). Now I pretty much wear it almost daily from January through September (b/c October through December is for the holiday colors, doncha know?)

4. I would have a lot more room in my garage for say, food storage, off season clothes, and say! Even a second car! if I didn't have upwards of 40 totes and boxes full of holiday decor stashed there-in. (We won't implicate the boxes and boxes of books in any of this.)

5. I only shower every other day (water conservationists of the world, unite!) The truth is, it's not about water conservation, I just don't enjoy getting wet. It's an energy sucker for me. Honestly, I would never shower if I could stand the smell. (And if my hair looked fab whilst dirty. Sadly, it does not.)

6. When I read, I move my lips (and, as my daughter says, "sound comes out").

7. I am a total anglophile. Indeed, I tend to mostly read books that are set in the British Ilses. It does not matter the genre (romance, mystery, historical fiction, non-fiction, history, even fantasy counts because, in my mind, England is the cradle of all fantasy--even though it's only true in my mind) the time period, the length, or how long ago it was written. England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales is my "thang". It might have something to do with being descended from William the Conqueror. I have enjoyed reading books that are set in other areas of Europe but mostly in the past when everyone was taking ships from Dover to the docks of Calais in order to sit in a carriage and eat brie on toast whilst watching the "boys" fight the "frogs" back in the days of Bonaparte, or back when all the royalty in England were married to all the royalty of France, Spain, Holland and Portugal. Yep, those were the good old days.

Gee. I don't know who to tag. A lot of you are busy with the "blogging every day in the month of November" thing, or "writing an entire book in the course of the month of November" thing (someone wasn't thinking clearly when they dreamed up whichever one came second) so let's just say, if you want to do a tag, then go forth and get random in integers of seven.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at Tuesday, November 18, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Have you read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society?
I bet you would like it.
I just read it for my book club, and it was set in the British Isles, Guernsey Island to be exact.

November 18, 2008 at 8:48 PM

You do look quite smashing in pink, as displayed in your profile pic.

I would love to see your Mr. Spock eyebrows sometime.

And, shhhh, but I don't like to shower much, either, and do it as little as possible. Which is, as it turns out, about every other day.

November 18, 2008 at 9:08 PM

First, I love the eyebrow thing.

Second, you are really descended from William the Conquerer? That is so cool!

Wales is one of my favorite places on earth. Green, mossy, stone walls, rugged shore lines. I expected to find fairies flitting about!

Fun quirks about you!

November 18, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I like reading tags because I find out more about the person getting tagged. I loved reading this. I like things British, too, but probably because my in-laws are British immigrants. But way before them I already loved things Charles Dickens and Jane Austen so who knows?

November 19, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Sabrina, no I haven't but I will now! Maybe your book club would like Miss D? (how's that for a shameless plug?) Lara--"smashing"! Thank you! Actually, I just have the one Spock eyebrow and it is the one that looks like it is cocked with attitude in my profile pic--yep, that's just the way it always is now. (I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't shower every day, phew!) Kazzy- Yep, me and Will go way back which means I have the royal blood of all the countries in Europe in my geneology which is why the darling guy who sat behind me in Brit Lit called me duchess. Loved it! Loved him, but then I starting loving The Spouse and it was all over for me. I loved Wales, too. I only spent an afternoon there while touring Castles (Powys and Chirk)--I have no Celtic ancestors except for the Tylers who hail from Wales.
Marivic--that's right, I remember reading that about your husband being a transplanted Brit. I have a friend who is Australian who actually had tea with the Queen. (She didn't think it was all that great.)

November 19, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Anonymous  

see? I knew I would find new fun freinds that share my same sentiments on really important things like dislikes for fruit desserts.. I shoudl have put that as things that dont mix. If I am gonna eat something sweet, chocolate or nothing baby! fruit in pie is a waste of time LOL!

and congrats on getting tagged twice. You are so popular.

November 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Heidi, I remember to add you to the tag lists...really the only one that ever tags me is my sisters. How neat it is that we can get to know each other via our blogs like this. It means a lot too me, since I don't get out too much.

November 19, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Stacey, do you think we might have been separated at birth? I would truly think so except that I already have a twin sister and the pics of mom when she was expecting don't allow for a triplet. And you are probably wayyy younger than me and blond and pretty so nix that. BUT I have often and often said the same thing--if it's not chocolate, why bother? I am always pleasantly surprised when I DO bother (unless it is cooked fruit-gah!) but not pleasantly enough to turn away the chocolate should it be there. Kelline--yes, tag away, please do, and I'll tag you. Actually, I already did, should you want to be.

November 19, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Oh yes, before I had kids I did a lot of antique shopping, thrifting. Since Elizabeth could walk that slowed to a halt. But we should compare notes on all the fun girly things/places in the Bay Area. That would be fun!

November 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Janelle, yes, I would love that!

November 19, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Fruit is meant to be a healthy, tasty snack, and not a dessert. I do admit that I recently started liking cherries in muffins and have always sort of liked apple crisp. Really, though, if it's going to be baked, make it with chocolate.

And I almost only ever read Victorian classics. Love them. (and I'm SO not well rounded. Oh well)

November 20, 2008 at 5:19 AM

Post a Comment