Wheat Has Made Mush Of My Brain?  

Posted by Heidi in

Today I noticed one of the search terms on my sitemeter stats (which went down for about five minutes today but it was a very long five minutes—I thought I was going to have to blog about it which would have been tres de trop) was “wheat I say to my mother in anniversary’s mother birthday” . I hope he/she figures it out and that the answer doesn’t involve any further attempt at spelling or correct grammar usage because (as I eventually deduced) this person meant to use the word “what” not “wheat”. As do I, making my question, What Has Made Mush of My Brain? Because, clearly, something has.

Here’s the evidence:

I thought it was pack meeting for the Little Guy last night but it wasn’t.

I thought the movie night at the school was last week and boy was the Little Guy upset when it wasn’t.

Last night, I indulged in some wheat, thinking I had until the end of the month to get rid of any extra bloating (caused by the wheat) before seeing my beloved extended family on Turkey Day. And I do—only I was thinking it was four weeks until then. But it wasn’t.

Which brings me back to my actual intended question "What has made mush of my brain?" I wish I knew. I do know that it isn’t any of you, especially the ones who left such neato terrific comments on my last blog post. For which I am very grateful.

This entry was posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 at Friday, November 14, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 wise, witty and wonderful comments

"Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field ..."

Which animal would you like to be?

November 14, 2008 at 1:13 PM

I wanna be a man! Er, woman. You have no idea how many times I have thought about this scripture . . boo hoo! (Snot fair!)

November 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Why not just go straight for the mush. I think they sell it at Pac 'N Save.

November 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Pretty darn funny. Will you eat it with me?

November 14, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Maybe there is already wheat in there and your body can't handle any more of it! You have a high-carb head!

November 14, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Hi-carb head! That's funny. Or maybe my brain is just mush.

November 14, 2008 at 4:55 PM

You are right, Heidi. The sitemeter thing is addictive. I know you warned me, but I just had to do it. The google searches that returned my URL have been hilarious. I might just post about it and blame you for my new insanity :-)

November 16, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Marivic, I would love to read a post about your new obsession and the search words! But, it wasn't my original idea. I don't know whose it was (originally) nor do I remember from whose blog I got the idea (my brain is mushy that way) but I think it's a great idea, (so that's why I stole it).

November 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Reminds me of a line from that old Queen song...

STOMPSTOMP CLAP — STOMPSTOMP CLAP

"WHEEEAT WILL, WHEAT WILL ROCK YOU!

SING IT! UHHHAAA WHEEEAT WILL, WHEAT WILL ROCK YOU!"

November 16, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Love that song!!

November 16, 2008 at 8:24 PM

I would like to know what has mush of my brains as well - I can tell you for sure it wasn't wheat though...

November 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Post a Comment