Finally Something That Can Tell Me What This Blog Is Worth!!  

Posted by Heidi in

I found this cool widget (see below) on some blog. I thought it looked fun and that I ought to give it a try. It tells you what your blog is worth in case, I don’t know, you should want to sell it? To whom, or why, I can’t say. Still, I had to know! (The blog I found it on is, apparently, worth over $2,000 clams.) This is what came up when I tried it.


You ready?



Because it’s really enlightening.




Hold on to your hat . . .








Funny, huh?

I thought it was hysterical.

So funny, in fact, I was crying all the way to the bank . . .

Here’s the good news. Contrary to all that I have been told, Miss D is available to be shipped for arrival by Nov. 17th if you order from Amazon.com within the next 14 hours (they only have four left but they have more on the way . . ) Barnes and Noble says they will have theirs in by Dec. 1st. So, if someone wanted this in time for Christmas, there is hope where there had been none before. Woo hoo!!

Other Miss D news . . .135 copies purchased (so far) by libraries across the U.S. There are 9 hold orders and 16 of them are out and about being read. Such a weird feeling . . .but I love it!

UPDATE: now there are only two copies of Miss D available at Amazon.com. Somebunny loves me! (no, seriously, I love YOU!) As a result of these two purchases, my Amazon rating has gone from 1.2 million to 44,000 (roughly--I'm not into numbers, it's all about the words) so this is proof positive that 1) at least 43,999 romance novels are doing better than mine and 2) the numbers mean naught--I mean, really! Two books (!) knocks off, er, umm, let's see, that would over 500,000 points. (At least. I think.) See? What I mean? (about the amazon rating being meaningless, NOT what I said about my brain being mush and numbers not being my thing--tho, s'all true!) Number of copies checked out at libraries is up to 27 as of noon today.

This entry was posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 at Friday, November 14, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

26 wise, witty and wonderful comments

It's not too late. You have to claim the coupon by 11:59pm PST tonight. That gives you an hour, to claim the coupon. Then they will give you a week to order it!

November 14, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Oh, cool! Thanks Randi!

November 14, 2008 at 10:49 PM

That's too funny! Now I have to go see what mine's worth. It could end up in the minuses.

November 14, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I think your blog is worth much more than $0.00. And now I am going to Amazon :)

November 14, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Excellent! I'm too emotionally fragile (or lazy) to find out what mine is worth.

November 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM

What does it base the price of your blog on? I'll have to go check it out.

Real money for a book is much better than clams for a blog, don't you think?

November 15, 2008 at 7:09 AM

I love Erin's comment (about the read money verses clams).

I wish you hadn't told me about that because we have a friend coming out from the States in a couple of weeks. I could order it and have it sent to him and he could bring it to me. I'm going to look into this. Do they let you order even if your account is empty because your husband's company is a week late with payroll? ARG!

November 15, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Alyson, I suspect 0 is about as low as it goes but we can go in the corner and cry together (I'm sure yours is worth more!)Kazzy--you're a doll! Alison, you can join us, Erin, I wish I knew what they based it on (I didn't see anything about it but that doesn't mean it wasn't there :S)and yes, some clams for a book is better than none for a blog but it really depends on how many clams we're talking about. So far, the book has been way more fun than it has been profitable--but so has the blog! Lisa, I suspect they will want you to pay right this very minute but it is available on AmazonUK.com which might be cheaper shipping or less in Euros than in dollars (or more--I have no clue what the exchange rate is or in whose favor). My husband used to be the one who made sure there was enough money to make payroll--talk about stressful! Here's hoping things get resolved ASAP (and I'm not just saying that . . .) (you know, so you can buy my book) (cuz you really don't have to!)(but I love that you want to!)

November 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM

YAY!!!

YAY for YOU! Such an exciting moment. I better rush over to Amazon.

verifier says sista

I guess the book news softens the blow that your blog ain't worth a pile of beans. :)

November 15, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Thanks Crash. I love how you tell it like it is!

November 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM

FYI, I ordered the book and should get it by Friday. WooHoo!

November 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Yay Kazzy! I thought maybe you were one of the two (now I am nervous that it will be rotten and you won't like it and wish you hadn't spent your hard won money on such a loser).

November 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM

I think Technoratti should have a way to rank the blogs based on amusement. Money, ha what does that really mean anymore!

November 15, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I don't like numbers either. Especially 0.00. That's just silly. You're priceless.

November 15, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Jen--oh, was that a Technorati thing? I am so oblivious! You're sweet. :) Heather--you are sweet too! What are you doing out of self-imposed blogdown?

November 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I just ordered my copy of Miss D. Can't wait! I could use a good read about now....

November 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Luisa, thank you! I can see that Amazon is down to just one in stock so I guess you were the one who brought it down. I love that I can know that and I the internet!!!! (I've said that before, haven't I?) I just heard from another cyber-friend that she RECEIVED HER COPY IN THE MAIL TODAY. That is so totally wild because it really hasn't been released yet. I don't know what they were thinking but my publisher must have decided to release it early. Wow! I'm stoked!

November 15, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I am really enjoying following the birth of a book through you! It's really wonderful to see the process through your eyes.

Cindy

November 15, 2008 at 6:24 PM

So if I wanted to buy your blog I'd only have to give you a penny?
I want to try this, but I'm worried I might get a negative number, or maybe President Washington will just start laughing at me.

November 15, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Cindy, thanks--that's sweet! Mary, if George laughs at you, I wanna see it.

November 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM

My blog aint worth squat! (did i make your famous author ears burn?? I made my eyes water writing that...)

Congrats on the REAL money from a REAL book deal.

November 16, 2008 at 4:12 AM

Thanks Motherboard! (any famous authors missing a pair of ears? Anyone? Anyone?)

November 16, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Well, your blog will soon be worth a lot of clams once you make the NY best seller list. Are you at Barnes and Noble? It's the closest book store to me I think.

November 16, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Ah, Marivic, the complicated question. My publisher is a small one and can't meet the demands of the chain bookstores. However, B&N is the only chain store that carries Avalon books--but only a few locations. You have to call and see if your store is one of *the* stores that carries Avalon. Also, Avalon can't afford to buy back books that don't sell, so you won't see my book at the grocery store or the mom and pop bookstores either (except the one in my little town because I threatened to bomb his establishment if he didn't). So, it all has to be done online (but I can have Holly hand carry one to you should I have any left after my signing).

November 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Hey, I think your blog is worth a ton more than that. At least I think it will after I buy a "signed" copy of your book from you. When and where are you doing your signage? And since I am sure it won't be where I live, does family count for a little favor of buying a signed copy from you somehow?
Love your posts!
xoxoxo

November 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Tara, you bet! We can work it out somehow. You know how to get ahold of me. (I think that your auntie might, might, might be thinking of maybe driving out--it would depend on the weather--it's feb. 14th).

November 16, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Post a Comment