An Ego Is A Curious Thing  

Posted by Heidi in



I have a billion things to do, just like YOU, so what are you doing here? I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am in your reader or dashboard because you are kind and generous and took pity on me and added me to one or more of said features but the facts are this: 1) I wrote a post today and 2) I did it so you would come to my blog so I wouldn’t have a blue Christmas from crashing and burning blog stats and 3) I have absolutely no time to write anything whatsoever YET I wanted you to come anyway. I’m selfish like that.

So, since you came, here are a few links to some items of interest I would like to bring to your attention.

1) (there I go with the numbers again) ldspublisher is still having a giveaway for a signed copy of Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind through the end of the month. Since I am the one who will be mailing it to the winner, I can write anything you (yes, you, but only if you enter) like inside those covers, such as, To My Most Brilliant Friend Who Ever Lived (or whatever warms the cockles of your heart).

2) There is another contest going on where-in one of the 12 available prizes will be an Amazon gift card (which you can use to buy a copy of Miss D--or not--as per your deepest darkest desires) as well as lots of other great books and a handpainted mailbox. Go here for the details.
3) Go here for a daily uplifting message at Good Deeds. You'll be glad you did.

4) Kazzy of Kazzy’s Ponderings has a gorgeous rendering of one of my favorite songs here. (Just go!)

5) Someone who shall remain nameless (but is a certain English professor at a certain LDS school in Hawaii) has posted photos of people who are clothing-challenged and lounging on the beach from her most recent vacation risking her job and reputation in one fell swoop. This is not why I want you to go there. The reason I want you to go there is b/c amongst this detritus (well-photographed and censored detritus, but detritus, nonetheless) there is, as usual, plenty of brilliant writing. Some of it has to do with Miss D.

Lastly, please remember, I’ll have a blue Christmas without you!! (And yes, I mean you!)

This entry was posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 at Monday, December 22, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

23 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Thank you for all of the links on this post. I'm on my way to check them out...

(Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to you too!)

My wv is "merged." It reminds me of the Friends when Chandler wants to put a merge sign above his and Monica's bed.

December 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM

And here I am with a thousand things to do, and I'm reading blogs. What's my problem?!

December 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Yeah, a billion things to do.... but since I cannot do all billion, I'd rather get some nice food for thought, or a smile on my face by visiting here.
(Thanks for the links).

December 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Merry Christmas, Heidi! I'll send some good Alden vibes your way to give you extra cheer.

I'll go check out the links!

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Erin--"merged"? Are they allowed to use real words for wv? Hmmmm, Annette, I hear ya! Dots-thank you! So sweet!

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Merry Christmas, lady. You always make me smile. I love it.
I was thinking, "she's right, I should be doing something else I have so much to do but I can't stop reading and uh oh now there are links and so I'll just be here longer who cares."

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Oops, alyson, you snuck in there. I seem to have a problem with capitalizing A's since I have missed doing it on your name a number of times. Just know that I love ya, you Alden woman, you! Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Oops, missed you too, Heather. Boy, I sure feel guilty now. I guess I just shouldn't post anymore until after Christmas, huh?

December 22, 2008 at 10:59 AM

I definitely need to check out your book. And I hope you have a great holiday! You can stop by and see me if you want. I mean, I won't stop you or anything.

December 22, 2008 at 11:07 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
December 22, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Your plan worked, you got me over here. :)
I'm going to go check out the clothing challenged now.

December 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Man, some people will do ANYTHING to get a few comments.

Hi Heidi! I mentioned you in my last blog. GO THERE!!!

Merry Christmas all.

December 22, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I went to see CTD's photos. I didn't realize they lived in Hawaii. So jealous. I am counting on fewer comments over Christmas. I seem to have a lot of visitors but only 10 or so comments a post.

December 22, 2008 at 12:27 PM

And that is exactly why I blog every day. Even when my to do list is longer than a mile. Which it currently is. :)

Thanks for the links!

December 22, 2008 at 12:28 PM

If you write it, we will come.

December 22, 2008 at 3:03 PM

You are so funny! I have a bazillion things to do too, but somehow, this keeps me sane :)
Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM

You are so funny! Have a very Merry Christmas and don't even fret about those stats. They always bounce back on Christmas Day when everyone gets bored of looking at each other's mugs and they wander off to the computer.

Cindy

December 22, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Kristina--I did (I'm hopeless without a follower widget--thanks for reminding me!) Randi--hope you didn't get your eyeballs burned out! Arlon--I DID and I was GLAD! Kazzy--thanks for the Monday Music! One of my fave blog stops of all time is the Monday Music at Kazzy's Ponderings! Lara, so you are saying that blogging is a way of avoiding real work? Oh, dear, my husband is right! Christine, I think I shall faint! Merry Christmas to me, what with this rash of commenting! Love it! Abra--you lie--you have had at least three weekends away since I have "met" you--honestly, I think that is what keeps you sane! Cindy--you mean I have to have a post up Christmas day? And read others? Oh dear, oh me, oh my!!

December 22, 2008 at 6:09 PM

OK. I read your post. I hope it helps you get your fix. There's nothing like a neglected ego to drive one crazy. I would say I know what you mean, but I'm not nearly as popular as you are. So I'm immune to withdrawal.

BTW, did you happen to see that you won my contest, such as it was? Oh yeah. The prize kinda sucks. But hey, Merry Christmas! May it be the best Christmas you've had all year.

December 22, 2008 at 9:13 PM

I'll have a blue Christmas without you too. My stats have taken a nose dive too so don't feel too neglected. And HEY, how did DUNHAVEN COTTAGE get a blog. That kinda freaked me out. I miss Sir Anthony and Miss D. now that I'm done. sniff.

You ARE AWESOME! Way to go on that book. High five. Big hugs.

December 22, 2008 at 10:02 PM

James--I won a prize! I'm so excited!! yippee! Everyone click on James to find out what my prize is. Crash, it's rosehaven cottage, and yeah, pretty similar, huh? Cindy and I are both big on roses and stuff. And, hey, that is like the biggest compliment a writer can get for her story--that you miss the characters. Thanks! Big virtual hugs!!!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:49 PM

why is when i have a truckload of things to get done, i'm sitting on the computer reading blogs that entertain me? i just couldn't say. i finally discovered the blog "seriously so blessed" yesterday and probably spent at least an hour reading it and cracking up. are you going to granny and grandpa's at all for christmas? we're leaving for my parents' house tomorrow. everyone will be there. i'm really excited. merry christmas!!

December 23, 2008 at 7:41 AM

Merry CHristmas my cutie-patootie niece! Travel safe! Give my sis a big hug and kiss for moi!

December 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Post a Comment