In Which I Learn Some Humility (and it's about time)  

Posted by Heidi in



Crash Test Dummy interviewed me with regards to Miss Delacourt. She had some pretty witty questions for me. I thought I acquitted myself well and wrote even wittier responses. And then she went and out-done me with her responses to my responses.

I don’t suppose her great talent has anything to do with the fact that she teaches English. At a university. In Hawaii. Do you?

At any rate, whatever the reason for her plump brain cells (must be the extra hydration of the islands) I think she should write a book. Anyone else out there think Crash should write a book? Oh, wait, I had better check Amazon and make sure she hasn’t already . . . . meanwhile, check out her adorable brand of wackiness at Crash Test Dummy Diaries.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 8, 2008 at Monday, December 08, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

22 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I thought you handled yourself well in the interview... CRASH is unpredictable. Even when you think you've "one-up'ed" her. ( is that a word?) She is always spinning it to her advantage.

Gotta love her!

December 8, 2008 at 8:28 AM

I'm on my way over right now to read the interview. I'm pretty sure I will feel humbled and amazed by both of your writing abilities...

December 8, 2008 at 8:34 AM

Off to go read and be amazed!

December 8, 2008 at 8:47 AM

I LOVE CTD- you probably already know that. I am totally excited to read her interview with you.

December 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Already been there, done that, and was the first to comment!

I think Crash should write a book too. I think it should be like a book of short essays like David Sedaris. She would be brilliant at that!

December 8, 2008 at 9:21 AM

I'm excited to read your book. As I told Crash, its coming in the mail and I'm really mad that my Barns and Nobles didn't have one IN THE STORE... What is up with that? You think I want to WAIT to read a book? Why do u think I go to the bookstore in the first place rather than the library (besides the fact that I've already read all the books I want in the library)? Sheez.

Sorry, um... little rant going on... great interview!

December 8, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Funny! You gave fabulous answers, Heidi. She's not a fair grader (look at MY amazing vocabulary!). I do find her to be one of the wittiest bloggers I've read, I must say, but I definitely need your book more than I'll be needing hers. (I hope that compliment to her offset the half put-down I gave her in my compliment to you!)

December 8, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Laughed out loud at the wood shed comment! You crack me up! I thought you handled yourself very well against CTD's leading questions. :)

December 8, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Swirl, I thank you--your opinion counts extra since you live within a stone's throw of the Crash Test Dummy Factory, Erin--don't be silly! (well, on account of Crash, okay) Lara & Younblood--thanks! Alyson--if you got the reference correct, you get another entry in the contest. I can't say (yet)if you got it right or not until the contest is over (that would be Tuesday at midnight, I'm thinking) Smart Helm--see, this is where having read my blog anytime this past six months would have come in handy. My book was published by a specialized publisher who mostly caters to libraries, which is why it is totally brilliant that you bought two (count 'em, two!) copies of Miss D. (I peeked at Crash's comments for that juicy bit of info). Lisa, you are a marvel of complicated commenting--PLUS you have an incredible vocabulary what with all those Polish words that sprinkle your blog posts.

December 8, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Kaz, you commented whilst I was a-typin'--thank you! I trying not to feel two feet tall (just kidding, I loved her hammering on me!). So far that is you and Alyson (and me) who get the woodshed thing. It figures.

December 8, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Yeah, loved the interview too! I'm anxious for my Miss Delacourt to arrive :)

December 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Guess what your verifier says:

cults

'nuff said, since this bloggernacle is a cult fiction

I just came over here because I realized I forgot to link up to you, Miss Heidi.

Darn rubber cement.

December 8, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Now it says: forkurge.

I couldn't resist since it's true I haven't had breakfast yet and I'm hungry.

Love you verifier.

December 8, 2008 at 11:21 AM

museatin

hee hee. So fun, your verifier.

museatin. It's a cross between amusin' and nauseatin'

Which is me, right

December 8, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I read, I laughed, Kai thinks I'm crazy now.

December 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM

What a brilliant woman!

Err...meaning YOU, and only you, of course.

December 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Just remember Heidi, the first liar doesn't have a chance.

I've been to the wood shed, but not for kissing!

voodum.....this verifier is voodooistic.

December 8, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Arlon, that's a pretty crazy word verifier word--must have something to do with the woodshed. Very suspicious. Nevada, thank you! I am anxious to hear what you think--please do a review on Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Or, you could do one on your blog, too, that would be fun! Crash, not to mention, how funny is museatin? As in muse eating. When you add that to rubber cement, it's really pretty funny (you get it, right? Rubber cement? Muse? Eating it?) Oh dear, I forgot to eat breakfast, too. And lunch. And dinner. But I DID remember to eat an extra large Christmas tree shaped Reese's because it's a new product and as anyone with sense knows, some Reeses products don't have the correct chocolate to peanut butter ratio and it had to have a test drive before stocking time. (This one passed.) Abra, you're a sweetie and Kim! Thanks for making that clear. Phew!

December 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM

When I went to the wood shed, it was for discipline. You know, ruler to the bare butt? Yeow!!!!!

shbos......and I always said, "sure boss....dad"

December 8, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Oh, dear, can I say how sorry I am? And here I was thinking you were getting up to no good in that there woodshed and it was your dad, instead. :)

December 8, 2008 at 9:09 PM

I have to go check it out. You're so funny, Heidi, I just love it.

December 9, 2008 at 7:04 AM

LOVE the interview!

Cold Comfort Farm!

December 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Post a Comment