The Tree Has Fallen And I Can't Get Up!  

Posted by Heidi in


So, the Little Guy was trying to get some attention but when I ran across this picture this morning, I realized it said, in no words whatsoever, exactly how I feel; like I have been buried by Christmas. I'm on a sinking ship, here, folks . . .

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 at Saturday, December 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

27 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Here, here!

Although I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a Christmas freeway. If I don't get creamed by the vehicles of good cheer then surely the Christmas Police will arrest me for loitering.

December 20, 2008 at 12:01 PM

I think I see a tree in that picture. I haven't seen one of those around my house in nearly a year. Between work and finals and Rebecca's pregnancy complications, Christmas hasn't been much of a priority this year. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will be glad when it's over.

December 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I was ok until yesterday, and I thought, crap, it's happening again. But I am determined not to. Not sure how, but I don't want to, so I'm focusing on the things i DO want to happen right now!

hang in there. As Emma keeps telling me, it's only 5 more days.....

December 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Just don't get scurvy!

And I just got back from Instacare since I had apparently severe heartburn in my back last night. That was fun.

December 20, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Jami--love the analogy! (or is it literal? In which case, get outta the street!) James--I'm so sorry--but next year you will have a darling little baby to celebrate with and it will be more than twice the fun!, Hillary--yep, I'm feeling it, the desire for it to be over, it's a first for me! Kristian--oh crumb! I hope you are much better. As for scruvy, I have been watching out for that since I was 7. My mother was convinced we had it back then so we have been chugging down the vitamin C ever since. (it works, by the way!)

December 20, 2008 at 1:32 PM

That is something like how I am feeling this season. I thought I was going to be so prepared and it sort of blindsided me.

And, my tree really did fall. :)

December 20, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Great picture:)

Hope you can dig yourself out soon enough to enjoy the season!

December 20, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Too cute. Love your new look over here, BTW. Stop. Take a breath. 100 years from now...etc. :)

December 20, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Just jump! Off the ship, I mean. If you're on a windowsill, that's a different discussion.
Christmas comes either way. And it'll be fine. Just breathe.

Hey guess what came in my mailbox from Amazon today???

December 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

LOL! Oh my goodness, that's hilarious!!!! Fortunately, I have purposefully "dialed down" Christmas this year. We're not giving gifts to family (by agreement from everyone). We're just spending time together, baking favorite goodies, and listening to lots of Christmas music. It's been wonderful!

Cindy

December 20, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Oh, man. Me, too! In a fit of rage, I swore to my sister that I'm never sending Christmas cards again. That's gonna last right up until next Christmas...

December 20, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Hee hee hee, oh I can't stop laughing! How cute! I was ambushed by Christmas this year. Does this mean the next year will be extra great?! Love the blog! =)

December 20, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Christmas is getting easier for me. Less grandkids under 18.

December 20, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Lara--I wonder if it has anything to do with the election. It's like everyone just waited until that was over and then it was Thanksgiving and BOOM! Barb & er, Barb--thanks! Me too/I'll try (breathing deeply!) Randi--oooh, I love guessing! Alice in Wonderland? Lawrence of Arabia? Oh, wait, Miss D!!! Yay!! Cindy, I am envious. Some of us girls (I have six sisters and a brother) wanted to dispense with gifts this year but the baby said NO so we didn't. Maybe next year. Becky--way cute profile pic but quite different from what you had before. I had to look you up before I realized, Hey! I know you! Scarlet Knight--join the club. No, really--I mean it. Don't go! come back . . . Arlon--you give me hope for old age. I used to never see the advantage but you are a revelation!

December 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Um, I hate to be all obvious...but shouldn't someone call 911? There's a kid under that tree!
Never mind, that'd ruin any remaining Christmas budget. Good luck maintaining sanity. I've just voluntarily given it up.

December 20, 2008 at 7:38 PM

How stinking cute (and funny)!

I had no idea you that close to my that part of the Arnold family. That is crazy, small world!

((Oh and the Santa story was about my Grandpa Arnold. He passed away about 10 years ago.))

December 20, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Megz, sad but true--our insurance isn't so good right now and you know kids, they would rather have gifts than the gift of health. Randi--it is a crazy small world, that's for sure!

December 20, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Ok that picture is prize worthy. Plus it makes me feel better about finally starting to decorate our house today!

December 20, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Oh, what a hilarous picture. I love it. Is that your kid?

And maybe you should take a vacation to Maui and pretend that Christmas isn't in 4 days. It worked for me.

Sort of.

I'M SO LOVING YOUR BOOK!

December 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM
Anonymous  

This has been the sweetest, no hassle, guilt-free year for the Quack fam -- and I have no idea how that happened! I can hardly wait for Christmas to come so I can open your book and DEVOUR IT!! (I thought about steaming the mailer open and reading it before I wrapped it and put it back under the tree, but my kids got to the mailbox before I did the day it came, and they wrapped it for me! The tag says, "to Mom from the Book Fairy"! That's you!

December 21, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Join me at the bottom of the ocean. I'll be down here for a while! At least until the new year.

December 21, 2008 at 7:05 AM

Jen--I have to confess the picture was taken a while back (sorry!--but hey, don't feel bad! it's been a weird Christmas for everyone!) Crash--yes, that is my kid hamming it up. A vacation to Maui sounds divine but I't stuck in sunny California. What a rip, huh? Sue Q--yay for your kids! Thanks for letting me know it got there. How clever to just wrap it over the mailer! Becky--you bet--as long as it is off the coast of someplace very very warm . . .

December 21, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Yes, sinking... buried...
off to shop...ugh...

Love the picture!

December 21, 2008 at 8:12 AM

Hope you are feeling less sinkified! That is a funny picture though.

December 21, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Thanks Heather and alyson!

December 21, 2008 at 8:39 PM

HAHAH! Yes. Today I have to shop for all of teh side dishes for Chrsitmas dinner and I feel like I can't even THINK.

December 22, 2008 at 6:21 AM

That's funny picture!!!! The only that I didn't get up this year were the outside lights. I am done shopping, and everthing else! Now I get to sit back and relax! Jealous I know...........
I feel at ease, have two more boxes to unpack from the move......then it'll be great!

December 22, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Post a Comment