Suddenly Silent Saturday  

Posted by Heidi in


I have run out of things to say. Who knew? Meanwhile, love this fun photo that I found via Alyson and courtesy of PhotoFunia. Is it not the Bee's Knees? The Cat's Pajamas? (By the way, that's me in that picture. Honest.)
More importantly, I forgot to tag anyone yesterday. I thought it would be fun to tag peoples who are somewhat new to blogging or just plain old new to me. So, for the Seven Things About Me That You Never Knew Tag, I tag Melinda at Bantery, Buffoonery and Bloggy Blather, Heather at A Goddess In Progress, Wendy at No Botox Allowed, Rebecca at Becoming, Joy and Joy For Your Journey, and finally, April at Finally!! I look forward to reading all about each of you, ladies!

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 24, 2009 at Saturday, January 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

24 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Oh Heidi! You ROCK! I feel so coy/giddy/silly (or something like that?) right now! hehe *batting eyelashes* Okay, I have to actually shower and take care of my children right now, but LATER, I will DEFINITELY be doing this! Thanks!

January 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM

This picture is AWESOME! I haven't checked that site out yet, but I need to.

January 24, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I do not mean to imply that I ever thought you didn't look like this, but this picture really captured your elegance, grace and sophisticated style better than some of the other pictures I've seen of you. Great shot. Hook me up with the photog, please. :)

I would say that is the Bee's Knees AND Ankles. And I don't say that about many things.

January 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Melinda--can't wait to read your meme! Kristina--I know, I just love it, (even though it's not of me. Can you believe Lisa thinks it is?) Ahem! Lisa--yes, I was a smidgen younger when that photo was taken. (JK for those who might read this and not get it. Like Reed. Surely you feel for that one, right?) One thing I truly do love about it, though, is that it has such a San Fran look about it. Or maybe NY, I don't know, but it makes me think of the garment district in SF.

January 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Love that suit you're wearing! (wink)

January 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Oh good good. I'm not normally a big fan of tagging games, but I did enjoy reading yours AND I'll get right on this because, I really want to bury the boogers post.

January 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM

OK, I will do this assignment as I got this same assignment from Ponderosa Jr. (only she asked for 10) 10--7 things INTERESTING about ME. And how in the heck am I supposed to limit this to only 10 -7.

January 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Oh, p.s. I need that suit.

January 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Beckky--thanks. Honest to Pete, I have never in my life been that skinny. That girl will never get a baby past those hips. Heather--bury the boogers post? I'm on the edge of my seat . .. Wendy--I feel your pain. You can do it! I did!

January 24, 2009 at 1:07 PM

No, I get it, alright. That was during the "grey chic" phase of your earlier life.

BTW, Heidelsbergers, how's the "some kind of weird organizational binge" working for you?

January 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Heidi you look tres beau!!! I will get right on the tagging....albeit my brain is a tad foggy from a migraine. Dang this rain!

January 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Not only do I think the picture is fabulous....My girls and I got a huge giggle about one of your ads runnng on your sidebar, because it is the company that my husband works for, and it was sort of unexpected to see an ad there, lol.

January 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Haha. I'm responding to your comment about the skinny model birthing a baby. You'd be surprised what big babies some of these small-hipped women can birth. I love her hair, though. It is a neat picture.

January 24, 2009 at 2:34 PM

What a stunning picture of you!!

January 24, 2009 at 3:34 PM

awesome picture! hey, I need a photo program that will make me look tall and lithe just like you (you being tall and lithe, not insinuating by any means that the picture is of anyone but you... umm... I'm going to go and have my foot surgically removed now...)

WV: exilyanc... an excellent yank? as in yanking my foot out? Excellent!

January 24, 2009 at 5:02 PM

That's some fun Photoshopping! I love that suit.

January 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Hi Hiedi. To answer your questions...

Chloe's adoption is semi-open. We just send letters and pictures and things back and forth, even though they just live an hour away. We did get together for lunch once when Chloe was about 9 months old, but that was a one time deal. Her parents are great and really have been good to me.
As for her name, I named her Autumn Noel. I had had my heart set on the fact that when the adoptive couple heard the name they would love it to. It didn't really work that way suprise, suprise. They had had the same hope with the names they had in mind. They asked my opinion about the three names they were debating, Chloe, Macy and Anna. In the end they chose Chloe, obviously. But because they are awesome and they named her Chloe Autumn. They used my name for her middle. I still LOVE that!
She is a beautiful little girl who is most definitely where she is meant to be. I have never really doubted that.

January 24, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Thanks for thinking of me.That was flattering. I will accept the assignment, although I find it a bit intimidating, being as I don't have a twin or ESP. But I do have some deep dark secrets.:-)

January 24, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Reed--it's not. I got as far as dragging stuff out and buying things to tame the clutter--and there we are, the clutter, the things to tame it, and me. April--loved your tag (but not your toes--sorry) Christine--bummer! I have no way of knowing which one it was--I rarely visit my blog . .(I live on my dashboard and sitemeter) Heatherlyn--yet, I had to have two of mind delivered by C-section (it's true--but I am not skinny-hipped) Barb--why, thank you!! T--yes, your foot, everyone's chain . . .Luisa--it is totally your style, I can tell! Randi--you have surely been through some rough times, haven't you? So sorry! Joy--I can't wait to learn more about you!

January 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I love your outfit here! Just more and more publicity for Miss D!

January 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM

That is an awesome picture! So breathtaking!

I'm excited for this tag, namely because I haven't posted for over a week and don't know what the heck to write.

Now I just have to use my brain...

hurts....

January 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Thanks girls! Love you!

January 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM

You look gorgeous. hee hee

I need to do me one of those.

January 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words...

January 27, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Post a Comment