Victoria Beckham Partays With Miss D  

Posted by Heidi in


Contrary to popular belief, I am not Victoria Beckham. However, the resemblance is uncanny. If I were ten years younger (I was, a dozen years or so ago) and 100 pounds lighter (I was about three dozen years ago) and went under the knife for some serious facial rearrangement ( . . . um, I’ve got nothing) we could be twins. (This is beside the fact that I already have a twin.) We are both brunettes, however, which would explain the confusion.
How, I say, how did Miss Vicky get her hands on Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind?

Here’s a couple of ideas for you: Amazon.com. Barnesandnoble.com. Pick your poison. (You might want to avoid Alibris.com . They are selling a copy of Miss D for $52.89. That’s down from the $63.89 they were asking last week. I guess they are starting to get a clue. . .)

(So sorry for the heavy Miss D promos. I’ll get back to regular programming next week. Pinky swear.)

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 5, 2009 at Thursday, February 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

34 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Well, we all have our dopplegangers in the world. Mine is Beyonce, yours is Victoria.

Such a cross to bear.

February 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Kristina--You are cybernatural!

February 5, 2009 at 9:55 PM

My! 63.89 seems a bit much. Worth every penny of that. Still isn't it grand that we don't actually have to pay for every penny it's worth?

Wonder what my autographed first edition would be worth? Priceless. Of course.

February 5, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I see the similarities between you and Posh. Totally! Wish I had a twin like that, I would steal all her clothes!

February 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM

If you hadn't pointed out the fact that it WAS Victoria, I'd never have know.
And how cool that she's reading your book! Maybe she'll take it to Italy where her husband plays and start your international publicity.

February 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Oh, I am so glad you are writing a sequal!Before you wouldn't say if it were a sequal or not. I will look forward to that. And to all those who posted comments saying they need to read the book--do it. It is very cute and a fun read. Heidi, I also read your interview and enjoyed that. I appreciate your honesty about your life as well as the fact that you are just a bit on the crazy side--in a fun way. I always get a good laugh out of the way you write. And I meant that in a good way as well--as in it brightens my day.

February 6, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Hey, if I wrote a book I totally would promote it all I could. You're awesome!

February 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I could be Cathy Bates stunt double... you know, if she ever did any stunts.

February 6, 2009 at 8:11 AM
Anonymous  

This is awesome! Seriously, you have a famous fan! How amazing is that?? (Other than the amazing concept that Posh Spice can READ!)

If I had a twin, it would be Julie Andrews. No relation, no similarities -- I just want to be her!

February 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM

The girl on your BlogHer ad looks just like both of you. It's uncanny!

I love how Victoria's nail polish matches your book cover just right. It's like she planned it.

February 6, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Well! Now that's just too cool! Not only are you a successful author ... but you ALSO look like VB!? WOW! :)

February 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM

shoot - my twin is Sally Field... too bad she got old and crabby... because I sure didn't :)

the book'll change Posh's life... you watch!

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM

That is some seriously great advertising right there! Impressive.

February 6, 2009 at 11:34 AM

why do you get to look like Ms. Beckham and I get to look like Wishbone?

February 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Just yesterday I was thinking about how much you look like a Spice Girl but I couldn't quite put my finger on which one. Thank you for clearing that up.

SOOOOO cool :)

February 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Yeah, well Miss hotty Victoria probably didn't buy 3 ...like I did. I am soooo much cooler then her. Not as hot, but more cool. (are there grammar errors there)

February 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM

If your Hub looks like David I will really be jealous.
And that is so great to know Vics has high literary standards! Sadly, I may have misjudged her...

February 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Anonymous  

Glad to see the promo. How else will we spread the word about Miss D and Miss D 2? (Not the mighty ducks.) And we're all your fans so we're happy to see Miss D as often as you'd like to show her to us.

February 6, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I think that is just way cool;)

February 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Okay,so you guys know this is just one of those photofunia photos, right? I meant to include a link to it but I forgot. Joy--yes, writing a sequel and having tons of fun with it! Cathy, I mean, Jennifer--welcome to my blog and thanks for commenting! Little Miss English Teacher--thanks to you, too. As for a successful author, I think the jury is still out on that. Don't you have to make some money at it to be considered successful? I suspect that to be the case. T--that's so funny! Blogismycopilot--I so have to check out your blog and see if you really do look like wishbone--totally funny! Heather--baawaaahhhaaaaa! You crack me up! I could type each of your names and write THANKS but I need to make more time for reading all of your posts. I have been gone all day at the ballet with my husband's third grade class and it was so much fun! Loved it! Sadly, when I have a life, I don't have time to read blogs. So, I've got to get busy doing that now! Thanks everyone for your awesome support! It means a lot!

February 6, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I've always meant to tell you how much you look like Mrs. David Beckham!

Hey, I located my copy of Miss D today :) Sorry, it went missing over the holidays and when my mother almost died. So, now I can read it :) Ciao for now

February 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I love the fact that you were ten years younger a dozen years ago. You really crack me up! Your book really is making the rounds!

February 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Rachel, let me know what you think! Kazzy--ya think? I hope so! But, it's all good.

February 6, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I didn't realize Victoria could read....WOW!

My twin is Elaine Bennis, except she is brunette and has curly hair, other than that we're identical!

February 6, 2009 at 11:47 PM

April--I can see it!!

February 7, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Now, it's not fair that Victoria gets to look like Victoria, and it certainly 'aint fair for you to look like her too!
Kristina, I know, you look EXACTLY like Beyonce. Me, I'm Christina Ricci. I know. She's not so glamorous.

February 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM

She is holding your book. Oh my goodness! How exciting. More importantly, when are you going to make this your profile picture? Hello...Victoria + Ms. D = fabulous.

Now if you could only manage to pull off your "Great Day" idea we really would live in a perfect world.

-Francesca

February 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Anonymous  

I am reading along, but have th eflu and by the time I scroll down to comment, I have lost all thought... osrry

February 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Mariko--hee hee. Does Victoria even look like Victoria? Francesca, what an idea! I like it! Stacey--I'm so sorry you have the flu! Or did you really mean eflu? Either way, I hope I get neither . . .

February 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I just got your comment :) Thanks, I think the shininess helps, but If you looked really close.... gross! But the paint job was pretty good. Rebecca did it.

I'm thinking I should have your book while I still can (that is while I'm down and can't do much - the judge shows are getting boring!)

BTW - I think your BETTER than Miss Vicky B!

February 8, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Ahhh, you're so darn stinkin' sweet!

February 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM

A week or so ago Holly actually offered to lend me her copy of your book, and I told her No, thanks I want to buy my own copy---when I get around to it somehow. I have to own this future all-time treasure (and now with Victoria Beckham holding it). But 63 bucks!!! I'm tempted to change my mind. But I will be strong. Keep repeating it to myself.

February 8, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Heidi--I read your comment on my blog. I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are completely better very soon.

February 9, 2009 at 7:24 AM

Oh my goodness. I'm loving that program. That is too funny abut the Miss D. prices. Is that true?

February 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Post a Comment