You Know You Are In Trouble When . . .  

Posted by Heidi in

. . . you are expected to be somewhere looking half-way decent but your drawers are empty of clothes so you figure it’s high time to do laundry but when you pick up the hamper, it’s suspiciously light. Then and only then does it hit you that your clean clothes have been sitting in the dryer for three days.

. . . you are glad it is supposed to rain because you haven’t been able to see through your windshield for at least a week.

. . . the local gang o’flies is mounting an assault against the competing gang o’flies over the pile of dog poop in the backyard.

. . . after checking the drawers, closet, dryer and hamper, you still can’t find your bestest, softest chocolate brown Gap t-shirt, the one that always looks good on you no matter what.

. . . you have an entire book to read by Monday morning and you haven’t even started it.

(and that was all just this morning!!)

Do these predicaments sound familiar or have you Got.org?

Stacey of Got.org does! She is sponsoring a very fun contest for those who struggle with organization yet who have taken a stab at it making some small improvements.

Remember this closet?


And how it became this closet?




Go to Stacey’s site to get great tips and ideas on how to better organize your life and while you’re there, vote for the best organizational re-do (you don’t have to vote for me—I won't cry or anything if you don't. It's not like I HAVE to win or anything. In fact, I am getting quite used to losing. It's no big deal. Really. No pressure . . .)

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 21, 2009 at Saturday, March 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

30 wise, witty and wonderful comments

THe not finding my favorite shirt, or the shirt I am looking for, happens to me all the time.

I actually pulled out about half my closet this week, looking for a cardigan, and of course, after the 15th time, I find it exactly where I looked 14 times before.

March 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I voted. Yours is by far the best one on there anyway.

I hope you enjoy reading that book. I'm sure you will, and it's a great Sunday read! :)

March 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I always seem to leave a load of laundry in the dryer on accident. The worst is when you leave it in the washer for days, and then it smells mildewy. Yuck!

I'll click over right now. Cute closet, by the way.

March 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Since I have been spending my morning wondering how I am going to make order out of chaos (my house and my life) I could relate to your post all too well. And I went and voted for your closet. The other closet was nice, but seriously, where is the cuteness in it? (No offense to the person who did that, it still looks much better than my closet does!)

March 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I am going to vote for you right now!

March 21, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Kristina--I so feel your pain. Lisa--that's what I'm counting on! Erin--yes, in the washer, no doubt! Yuck! Joy--thanks! I hope Stacey's site gave you some inspiration!

March 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Becky--thanks!

March 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Me, oh my! This is me!!! I should be doing sooooo much right now, but I am still sooooo tired from last week's painting marathon at my sister's house! Maybe next week, I doubt it, but maybe! I will go vote for you, just because you did what I wish I could do AND I love the frame around the calendar! That is awesome!

March 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Oh Ashley your closet looks so awesome! Thanks for being such a sweet friend to me! L♥ve and Hugs :)

March 21, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I have that same brown GAP t-shirt and I love it! All I've done all day practically is laundry, and I did go get my car washed. So we must be on the same page!

March 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Anonymous  

good luck!!! great post :) lol

March 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Anonymous  

I was going to say what Erin said about the clothes in the washer :-)

My Saturday was spent decorating a cake for the High Priest Group Social (I don't enjoy going to these nearly as much when my High Priest can't be with me) and painting Meg and Jo's bedroom. I can't imagine anyone out there has a more chaotic house than mine at the moment.

March 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I do the stinky washer thing too! I'll go vote, I hope I'm not too late. I love what you did with the closet...

March 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

April--what a sweet sister you are!! Shauna--you betcha! Kazzy--if I ever find mine, I'll wear it when I'm in Utah and we could have a twins photo taken (except, just like my actual twin, you are better looking)Stacey--thanks! Great contest! Pam--I have to decorate a cake AND a table for Enrichment night on Tuesday. My blogging is really starting to suffer from all the ward stuff I've been doing lately! Heather--thanks, you sweetie-pie1

March 21, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Anonymous  

That backyard issue was totally my yard until this week. I finally had to evict the flies and get to work. *Sigh* It wasn't pretty.

I'm off to vote for you!

March 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends Sunday evening. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

March 21, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I totally voted for you Heidi! You were the only one who not only organzied, but turned the spot into something cute! You get my vote!

March 22, 2009 at 5:22 AM

I want you to know that I RARELY click on links like these, but because it is you, and I adore you like I do, I did.

How on God's green earth is the woman who stacked her shoe boxes ahead of you in this competition? Her entry is LAME.

How many times can I vote? This situation needs to be rectified.

-Francesca

March 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM

sometimes... I pull dirty clothes out of the laundry basket to wear... don't judge me please :)!

March 22, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hey good job with organizing that closet...I'm SOOOO horrible with stuff like that!

March 22, 2009 at 1:50 PM

You make me laugh so hard!

March 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Laura--so you know why I am cowering in the house with my head under the pillows! Susette--good luck! Scarlet--thanks, sweetie! Francesca--I heart your indignation (but it really is okay). Abra--me too (shhhh!) Shelle--I am too but the decorating aspect of it spurred me on. Eowyn--why, thank you!

March 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Winters are really tough on my car and it rarely rains here so I'd likely have 4 feet of goop on my windshield if I waited!

March 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I have a theory that my favorite shirt walks around. Because I SWEAR I looked in that drawer of extremely messy not-folded shirts at least 4 times before I found it hiding inside another shirt.
Tricky tricky.
And I am always out of water to squirt the windshield. I hate that. So it makes a noise like it's supposed to be squirting and the windshield wipers start trying to wipe the dry glass.
Better than nothin' I guess.

March 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Can you come over and do my girls' closet just like that, please?

March 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Fiona--it only rains during the SUMMER where you are. I know--I spent two summers there. Mariko--you mean--no!--really? You can fill up the water thing to squirt water on it? I honestly keep forgetting about that feature, we use it so rarely. Sometimes I feel like a nut. (Sometimes I don't). Heidi--yes. bwaahahaaaa!!

March 22, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Nice! I don't even dare show the current state of my closet! Great blog!

March 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I voted! Good luck. Looks like you'll need it. That middle one is really taking off. She must know a ton of people.
At least you are doing better than I am at Sacred and Profane with the recipe voting.

March 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Cute post! That sometimes happens with the dryer over here. :)

March 23, 2009 at 10:16 AM

So you did that closet? What a pretty "after"!

March 25, 2009 at 5:47 AM

Post a Comment