Time For A Regency Revel  

Posted by Heidi in



I am (supposedly) busy at work on the second half of Miss D Two but I want to share my new toy (read: time waster). It's a hangman game (except with a daffy duck who gets dunked rather than a witty skeleton who gets hung) which I made up (clearly, I am so impressed with myself) using all sorts of Regency era words: famous places, famous people, regency terms and pretty much everything Jane Austen (character names, places, book titles) PLUS the same for Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. It's called Regency Revelry. So, revel, already!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at Wednesday, May 13, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

22 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Oh! I wanna play! I just went over there and it said "Loading", which, on my computer (that I still haven't swapped for Greg's yet) "Loading" means, "Your computer is just about to shut down."

But I'm playing as soon as Greg gets home.

May 14, 2009 at 6:57 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
May 14, 2009 at 7:46 AM

How fun Heidi. I will check it out.

May 14, 2009 at 7:46 AM

That was fun! :)

May 14, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Anonymous  

I LOVE IT!!! Ducks, word games, and that breathy sense of competition??!! It's like a trifecta! I'm so into this!

May 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I love a good word game! and apparently I love finding new ways to kill my time :)

May 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Oh yes, what a perfect thing for a day in which I don't want to get up from my chair...You are incredibly clever and totally deserve to be impressed with yourself.

May 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Anonymous  

On my way to check it out! By the way, I still love that portrait! And it still looks bigger than you said it is.

May 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I might be using this as a carrot to get my homework done! Still lovin' that portrait!

May 14, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Ohhh, I wanna play! But must finish writing chapter, then play.

May 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Oh. My. Gosh! Thanks alot. I have been playing ducky hungman. ALL DAY LONG!!!!Even TJ is loving it!
I can't stop....must. play. more....

May 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM

What a fun game! I even made a top score. It's kind of like Hang-a-roo that my kids got me addicted to.
I am #4...til someone knocks me down. You might want to check out my blog. There just might be a little treat over there for you!

May 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM

CHIT is way toooooo hard of a word. I was totally on a roll when that came up. I don't like short words. They make it so much harder to guess. Some of the words I had never heard of but was still able to make a lucky guess. I am sitting at #2 now. Woo Hoo!!!

May 14, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Apparently I suck at this game.

I'm pretty sure I'm in last place - yay me!

May 14, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Anonymous  

Fun game, but I'm humbled. What is "pink of the ton"?

Best of luck with the writing!

May 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM

The portrait is so great.

And I would totally LOSE at that game. Don't hate me, but I'm regency clueless. ):

May 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I didn't know you could create a game. How fun!

May 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I apologize profusely for spelling your name wrong on my blog. I have updated my blog and it is spelled correctly now. So sorry.

May 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM

awesome! I just wasted a good chunk of time - thanks you rock!

May 14, 2009 at 9:42 PM

So many time wasters...so little time...

May 15, 2009 at 4:42 AM

You would give me something to do to kill some more time on the computer!

Sweet!

May 15, 2009 at 12:24 PM

That drawing is fantastic! I just love it.

May 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Post a Comment