The Big Guy And I  

Posted by Heidi in

We're doing a mother-son date today as we do most Fridays. It usually consists of me driving him to a spot in which to procure some kind of chow beyond my culinary skills. He insists on getting it "to go". So we go. We come home and I sit and watch him eat because it's supposed to be a date, for pity sakes, and that's what one does on a date--spend time together.

Read more about my love for my Big Guy at Mormon Mommy Blogs (I'm guest posting!)

This entry was posted on Friday, May 15, 2009 at Friday, May 15, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

23 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I haven't heard the term for pity sakes in a long time - hope you have fun! Haven't figured out my mormon mommy blog account yet. Is it just me?

May 15, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I need to be better about dating my children. My husband is excellent at it, but me? Not so much.

May 15, 2009 at 8:10 AM

You're awesome.

Congrats on the guest post!

May 15, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I read it and loved it!

May 15, 2009 at 8:26 AM

such a good mama! it's the little things, huh?

May 15, 2009 at 8:57 AM

I love love love the MMB post. Funny and poignant (sp?) all at the same time . . . you are amazing

May 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM

On my way to read the guest post. I am in awe of you and your devotion to the BG. Love you.

May 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Jess--what's the problem you're having with MMB? Lara--I'm not so good at it either but the BG really needs it. Kim, Heatherlyn, Rachel, thanks for reading and commenting! Kazzy--love you too!!

May 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM
Anonymous  

Congratulations on the guest post and have the most fun ever on the date! I'm off to read your guest post!

May 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Sounds like a fun date :) He probably can't wait for Fridays! Kai and I have dates like that too...

May 15, 2009 at 11:24 AM

You rock!

May 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM

On my way!

May 15, 2009 at 12:59 PM

That is really cool that you are doing that. I'm sure he likes it.

I am heading over to the MMB to check your post out. Have a great weekend.

May 15, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I love spending time with the kids (or grandkids) one on one.

May 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I'm totally going to make my kids go on dates with me (first I'd like them out of diapers.) I like that you just watch him eat. I did that on a real actual date when I was a teenager, and let me tell you, your son is lucky to have you because I never went out with that bag o' excitement again.

I read your MMB post - very awesome. The view in which you see your son makes me think that you're probably his superman too.

p.s. I'm going to go order your book on Amazon because HOW DID I MISS IT? Really. I love Jane Austen era romantic comedies. My husband can concur - seeing as I force him to watch all the old BBC series of that era- and I force him to act happy about it too.

May 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Loved the guest post!

May 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM

What a sweet post. I loved reading it. And I agree, your son does look a lot like Clark. Very handsome!

May 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

K love that you do that with your guy... so cute and I need to do that more often.

I'm off to read your guest post!

May 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM

We call those "one on ones," and they are always treasured times, just being alone together :)

May 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I just want to say I checked out your book from the library. I loved it!! It was funny, witty and a great story with well defined characters.

Thank you for sharing your talent. I can't wait for the your next book.

May 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Awww!!!

May 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Good on you!

May 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Anonymous  

I love dates w/ my kids.... it's so nice to be one on one and out of the hosue LOL

May 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Post a Comment