Super Duper Awesome Terrific News!!  

Posted by Heidi in


All the clues you need are in the picture . . .(and there's a clue in the sidebar, too!)
(Thanks everyone for your support with this school situation with my Little Guy. Please know that there is way more to this situation than I have posted--this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Because of things that did and did not happen this past week, not the least of which is the Little Guy's deteriorating self image and bewilderment at his teacher's refusal to believe his side of the story, we will be home schooling him for the remainder of the school year. Between the happy resolution of these two things, I have decided to celebrate via my favorite vice--chocolate enrobed wheat--woo hoo!)
Okay, so some of you are guessing right and some of you need some help. Two Miss D's equals Miss D Two--as in, it's going to happen. As in, I got the call today, as in, Miss D is going to have a sister. As in, I'm going to have two books in print, two totally different books even though they'll both be about Miss D. She's such a keeper.

This entry was posted on Friday, October 23, 2009 at Friday, October 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

43 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Reed and Barb  

Is MissD2 in any way related to R2D2?

(Congratulations!!)

October 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I hope Little Guy is ok ---it is too bad this situation forced you into a homeschool decision, but hey, it may be the BEST decision right now for him. He's got a good mom and dad and will get lots of love and support ---which seems to be lacking in the public school system these days.
AND for the book ---I have the black and pink one ----------so I am guessing the all pink one means #2 IS OUT!!!!

October 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Sequel? Sequel? You can't tease me about these things, Heidi. :)

I'm glad you found a good solution to the little guy's problem. I hope the homeschooling works out for you!

October 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Reed--hee hee. No. Wendy--no, it just got "bought". It won't be out for over a year. Stinkers, huh? The other book there is Miss D in large print. Two Miss D's--Miss D Two--get it? Okay, lame. Rachel Sue--YES!!!!! Yay!!!! I'm so happy about it, too and I really needed the good news this week.

October 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Congratulations on the book the cover turned out beautiful!!

and I think the home schooling was the best idea.

October 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM

the cover on the large print!..sorry left that out.

October 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Anonymous  

Larger than life....awesome. I love reading large print books -- partly because I think I'm going blind, but also because they're usually thicker and it makes me feel like I've really sunk my teeth into an awesome novel. But your book would still be awesome even if I had to read it with a magnifying glass.

Good luck with the little guy. I'm sorry you had your hand forced in this decision, in a way, and I hope that teacher lies awake at night, riddled with guilt, for the rest of her life.

October 23, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Anonymous  

What?! You found out and you didn't EMAIL ME? I've been DYING TO KNOW!
Okay, I knew the larger print was coming out but I didn't know about MD2 getting accepted! You owe me an email, girl. Ironically, I was thinking about that all this week wondering, "I wonder if Heidi found about about MD2."
CONGRATULATIONS, HEIDS!!! HOORAY!

(I'm sorry about all the trouble with LG's school. I'm glad you decided to home school him versus him staying there in a bad situation. *hugs*)

October 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I just caught up with your story. How frustrating. I once "poked" a girl in class with a sharp pencil and then she promptly turned around and dug her fingernails into my wrist. I still have the scar. Anyway, it was sorted out in about 15 minutes, with both of us getting a "shame on you" and sending us back to class. Times have changed. Sounds like you made the best decision.

Congrats on MD2! I still need to read MD1!

October 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Congratulations on the sequel! Woo hoo!

And, sorry about the Little Guy. I'm glad you've found a resolution that you are happy with, but the whole thing still bugs me.

October 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Yeah! That's so exciting Heidi! Congratulations!

October 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM

The only thing better than that hostess cupcake is the second book! Can't wait to read it!!

And also, good luck with the homeschooling. What an amazing thing you're willing to do now.

October 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Congratulations!!!

October 23, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Oh, this is fantabulous news indeed! Life seems to be turning a corner for you, my friend!

October 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Anonymous  

Talk about a tender mercy! Not that I ever doubted I'd see Miss D II in print, but the timing was certainly a blessing.

Best of luck with the homeschooling.

October 23, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Congrats Heidi!

Sorry to hear about the school, but I homeschool for two years and loved it. Good luck!

October 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Yay for LG and Yay for Miss D. You will be spending a lot of time with two of your favorite people!

October 23, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Congratulations on all counts!

October 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Congrats! I am going to have to order that book!
:~D

October 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM

YES! YES! YES!

October 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Congratulations on Miss D Two!! Way to go!

October 24, 2009 at 5:58 AM

I'm so excited you've got Book 2 coming out!!! I'm equally as thrilled to say that I've already had the great pleasure of reading it.

Congrats...don't you think you should have 2 cupcakes?

October 24, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Hey! Congratulations, you must be soo excited.

As for the school business, only you know what's right for your child. We have, at one time or another, homeschooled all of our kids but one. It was what they needed at the time. I love having them home and have learned (it's taken FOREVER) not to worry about everyone else's opinions. Only you and your husband can really know what's best for your children. Good luck.

October 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Every child needs a sibling! At least one! CONGRATULATIONS! Good timing, eh? You deserve some happy news.

And there is NO better way to celebrate! I'll be celebrating the same way. Originally I was just planning to celebrate having eaten dinner (that's the normal occasion that brings on dessert) but now today it's be for you and Miss D 2!

And homeschooling? That seems so major. I look forward to hearing how you like it etc. I would love to homeschool for so many reasons but I don't think I've got it in me.

October 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM

YAY! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for it to come out and gobble it up!! And good luck homeschooling, so sorry things had to come to that, so sad! :(

October 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Wahoo! I am sooo excited for you! Congratulations. Ca't wait to read it (and about the Irvine character).

October 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Becky, yes, I tried to get everyone's name in there one way or another (unless I have met you since the book was completed--sorry if that's the case--or if it is a name that just couldn't be worked into that time period--so all you Heidi's are out but for obvious reasons I would have avoided that one anyway) but please everyone be warned that there are very few sympathetic new characters in this story. They are all, for the most part, people who are quirky or mean, etc.---so don't take it personally. There just wasn't good happy people to choose from in this story. However, my editor found it delightful so hopefully, you will too!(I didn't name anyone after her--that could be the reason why.)

October 24, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Very fun!

October 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Like I said on FB, hang in there Heidi! THat is great news about your book! And I guess the plus side of the Little Guy being at home is that he gets to spend lots of time with his awesome mom!

October 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Congratulations, Heidi! I need to read your recent posts to get caught up but it sounds like I missed some bad times. I'm so sorry. I've been drastically cutting down on computer time, but I'll make your blog my bed time reading tonight, But anyway, that's exciting news about Miss D2.

October 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Congratulations Heidi!

October 24, 2009 at 4:25 PM

doing virtual backflips for the good news - which are MUCH better for everyone than my real backflips... I promise.

hope the homeschooling is a good thing for everyone - sorry it was a forced one though - grrrr...

October 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I am so so thrilled that there will be a #2! A big congratulations to you sweet Heidi!

October 24, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Yahoo for the LIttle Guy
Yahoo for Miss D #2
Yahoo for cupcakes

xoxoxo

October 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM

This is great news, Heidi!

October 24, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Wow! I am so impressed!!! YOU GO, GIRLFRIEND! YOU ROCK SO HARD.

And thank you for your sweet support. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been on the DL.

October 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

YAY! Congratulations :)

October 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I'm SO excited for you!!
And what the? I must have really missed something... and I can't find a post about it!!

But I'm glad things are looking up for you on all fronts.

October 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I am so, so thrilled for you!

And a little bit thrilled for me too because the first was so fun and I can't wait to read the second!

October 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I'm so happy for you! That's beyond awesome.

I can't wait to read it again. . .especially that one scene. . .

Snicker!

October 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM

So wonderful! Congratulations! So happy for you. :)

Poor little guy. Just wish something could be done about that teacher.

October 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Congrats on the publishing, Heidi! I just came over to read the post about your son but it's gone. I'm sorry that things are not going well and I hope that homeschooling him will be the solution that works!

October 27, 2009 at 1:13 PM

i went to the post about the "incident" to say "looks like the perfect reason to home school."

but the post is gone, and it appears you agree with me :-)

November 18, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Post a Comment