Home For The Holidays  

Posted by Heidi in

Welcome to my home.

My view of the tree from my favorite lounging position.

I'm obsessed with tree ornaments . . .I'm thinking I have over 300 and pretty sure I can fit more . . .




Most years (meaning every year but this) I take great pains to avoid groupings of a particular color or theme. This year, however, I didn't much care. I find that I rather like the effect of the off-white ornaments all in a row.

The only Christmas pudding I'll ever love . . .



One of many groupings of pink . . .




Our first year with green walls at Christmas, a circumstance much to be desired.








I never truly fell in love with the new mantle until I saw it decked out in Christmas glory.



Washed out but still lovely in candlelight . . .





Merry Christmas to all. . .




. . . and to all a goodnight.

Wishing each of you the best holiday season ever!
(See December 2008 archives for more of my Christmas decor . . .)

This entry was posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at Friday, December 25, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

23 wise, witty and wonderful comments

It's lovely. Have a beautiful Christmas.

December 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Your tree is exactly how I pictured it. Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Merry Christmas to you too, Heidi! Your home is lovely. I might do a post like that too someday after Christmas. Your green walls are delicious.

Hope you are well.

December 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Your Christmas home is so merry and bright!

Merry Christmas Heidi!!!

December 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM
Anonymous  

How utterly Dickensian! I hope there is peace and joy in your home this Christmas and throughout the new year.

December 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Anonymous  

I still sit with mouth agape when I see your GORGEOUS home. Wow. You've got skills, Heids. Mad skills.

Merry Christmas!! Hope you had an excellent one! =]

December 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I echo L.T. Mad skillz indeed! (the "z" was on purpose!)

Lovely home tour. You rock the socks of Martha Stewart!

December 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I do love your style. We're just lucky to stick with the cheap hodge podge look over here.
Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Love it Heidi! Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Merry Christmas Heidi...what gorgeous decorations and tree. It only took me one look to fall in love with your mantle! Happy Boxing Day and New Year to you and yours.
Aidan

December 26, 2009 at 9:17 AM

You are truly a woman with lovey taste and style. Merry Christmas!

December 26, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Beautiful! Merry (late) Christmas to you! Love you to pieces!

December 26, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Beautiful decor! And I love to put so many ornaments on that you can't see the tree, too.
Did I sa how lovely it all is?
:~D

December 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM

What beautiful decorations!! Each one seems to tell a story. I loved seeing the ornaments on your tree. I decorated all in gold this year because of a party at the beginning of December that had gold decorations, but I did not like the tree. It was pretty but it wasn't me and it wasn't our family. I am glad to see your tree is such a reflection of who you are. That is the best way to decorate, I believe.

December 26, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Truly lovely.

I hope you had a very merry Christmas at Dunhaven Place!

December 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
December 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Green is good.

December 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM

SO pretty!

December 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Lovely! I hope you had a very happy Christmas!

December 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Your house looks like it fell out of a magazine!
Hope your holiday was a happy one! :)

December 30, 2009 at 7:11 AM

I really love you style --very Victorian I think. I LOVE IT.
the Christmas tree is gorgeous --mine has many many (??) rocking horses on it. It gets hard to find a DIFFERENT one every year to put on. Probably over 100 by now though.
Your home looks so warm and inviting.
Just like you.

December 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Beautiful decorations! Merry belated Christmas...

January 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Next Christmas I'm just going to come to your house.

January 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Post a Comment