Ways I Am Distracting Myself From Being Jealous  

Posted by Heidi in

I'm glad you all went (to the LDS Storymaker's conference) and had fun and got to behold one another with your naked eyes and hug one another with your loving embraces and some of you got the recognition you deserve and some of you went on to win Whitney's Saturday night but look what *I* found! I was hunting for fabric (she said a little breathlessly as if it is anywhere near as exciting as getting to see good friends and attend a writer's conference) for a project down at the store (also called Dunhaven Place) (I would link to it but I can no longer link or hightlight or center or comment or anything of that nature and I DON'T KNOW WHY NOT) (but if I did, and you were to click on it, it would take you to www.dunhavenplace.com) and ran across this very appealing fabric at a discount store. When I looked at name of the pattern, I knew it was meant to be.

If you are bemused and confused as to why this should be significant, go to Amazon and check out the review of Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind (sorry, I would link to it if I could--and I would have italized the word "could" if I could---urgh, ditto) or you could go to http://www.romrevtoday.com/miss-delacourt-has-her-day---heidi-ashworth.html and check out a review of Miss Delacourt Has Her Day--and then you would know.

I am having fun with my new store but I really miss visiting all of your blogs and finding out what you are all up to instead of reading tantalizing snippets on FB and feeling like a total dope. sigh . . .

This entry was posted on Monday, May 9, 2011 at Monday, May 09, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

15 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Oh, was that this weekend? I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. Love the Lucinda fabric! How perfect! I'm in the middle of the book now and really enjoying it! Glad you are having your own adventures, even if you didn't get to attend the conference and hang with friends. :)

May 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Finding the perfect fabric is way more thrilling that some writers conference. Right...?

May 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM

The line about "she said a little breathlessly as if it is anywhere near as exciting..." made me laugh out loud! hahaha Are you a writer or something?! :)

May 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I love the fabric! It's gorgeous and very Dunhaven Place.

I've just come to accept that now is not my time for conferences. Acceptance has dimmed the jealousy a bit.

Love you.

May 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

don't worry too much about our blogs...you are doing something way more creative.
That FABRIC was totally made for you. I hope you bought yards and yards.
I bet you about "flipped with excitement" when you saw it.
hugs

May 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM

That fabric suits you very well. I did hang out with some of the attendees, but not being a writer, I did not attend the conference.

May 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Awesome fabric. It's just perfect. =)

May 10, 2011 at 7:18 AM

You were missed. But the fabric is amazing! Could it be any more perfect? I would love it if you would post the finished product!!!

May 10, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Karma is totally in your corner!!!

May 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Soooooooooooooooo fun.

May 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Love the fabric and was feeling left out about not attending the conference too... Sometimes life is not as perfect as it should be.

May 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I'm sorry you didn't get to go. I hate being all isolated from my blog friends, too. I mean YOU are just about as far as a person can be and still live in the same country.

Sigh.

But I love your Lucinda fabric. How very lucky!

May 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Love the fabric, and yes, I join you in well wishes to those who went to the conference!

I'm near the end of Miss Delacourt, loving it, just not the lack of time I face in which to read it! A blog book review forthcoming...

May 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM

AWESOME! I love serendipity do da!

May 19, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Heidi- I read your interview on MMW and have been reading your blog & getting to know you better. So wish you could have come to storymaker's and maybe we would have met somehow. Or after reading your post, I'm wishing I could have met you at the fabric store. . . i guess I'll have to settle for meeting in cyberspace :)

May 24, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Post a Comment