Happy Birthday America!!!  

Posted by Heidi in

Remember this post from last 4th of July? I just threw out the rest of that gluten free cake (pictured above from said post) a few weeks ago. (It was in the freezer, people!) I guess it wasn't as tasty as it looked. (This year I'm going for chocolate.) But really, if you want to feast your eyes on some inexpensive and fun patriotic decor, this post isn't it (last year's is!). Pictured below are the few things I have been able to get to this year in celebration of America's birthday.











Whoopee.






If you read my last post, you probably missed the link to my new blog featuring all things Dunhaven Place, the Shabby Chic Boutique. This would be because, no matter how many times I fixed it, the powers that be would not eliminate the lines and lines and lines of blank spaces between the first paragraph and the next. As a result, it seems as if I ended my last post on a big fat whine rather than on the upbeat news of my pretty store blog. BlogHer picked it up for advertising in other blogs before I had a chance to realize the problem and delete the whole darn thing. Kind of embarrassing but let me just say this--people are total voyuers. I had more hits on that post (titled: I.Could.Just.Cry.) than pretty much any other in my years of blogging. Nobody really stayed around to get whined on but it was still a success of sorts. (Sort of.) (I guess).






Going back to 4th of July decor---my post last year was all about finding inventive and inexpensive ways to decorate, even if it meant lowering yourself to using a facsimile of the flag of our 1776 enemies. The picture below is all about making people want to spend money on expensive decor. This is because I am nothing if not contrary.



Happy 4th of July, my friends! May it be a fun and uber safe one!

This entry was posted on Friday, July 1, 2011 at Friday, July 01, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I just love coming to your blog around any holiday! Your decor is always inspiring!

How's everything with your new store going? I'm so excited for you!

July 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Happy Independence Day!
Love the pictures of the decorations.

July 2, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Thanks for the decor! It always looks so nice around your place.

I clicked on the link and I got the message that it is a broken link, although it could have something to do with my parents' computer. Who knows?

I hope you are well and that the biz is taking root.

XO

July 3, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Happy 4th to you too!!
Nothing screams festivities like
family
food
and fireworks...........
the decor is fun
No one really "decorates" around here for Canada Day. Hardly even a flag to bee seen.
kinda disappointed.

July 3, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Hits are hits, right? Yeah, only sort of. That site is lovely, though! Beautiful! I just keep feeling really happy for you and your store. It's just so perfect.

July 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Hope the 4th was wonderful! And, I am in love with that plate in the last picture there. You have such amazing talent with the decor!

July 6, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Post a Comment