Not Your Usual Blog Post But (Somewhat) Amusing Nonetheless  

Posted by Heidi


I admit, this is not my usual blogging fare.  Maybe that is good or perhaps not.  In short, I love to sell items on eBay and figured a blog post about it should be part of my permanent record.  I have been selling on eBay for over 15 years.  It started in 1999 when I needed to raise some cash to go to England, my first trip across the pond, and it continued for years to fund other needs right through to funds needed for my trip to Ireland last year (just scroll down for pics of that trip--there are plenty and they are spectacular for, after all, they are of Ireland).  I now find myself needing to raise some spending money for my trip to England (again--but including London this time, and long lost friends and new ones and a book cover photo shoot in Bath!!!!) and Scotland (finally!).  So, I am blogging the items that I have listed for sale today (the auctions all go live between 5 and 7 pm California time) for, as I said, posterity and (ahem!) so that I can pin them on Pinterest, a magical place that spreads news of all kinds far and wide. 



I love this little shelf so much that I should probably change my mind and find a place to hang it.  It is listed with the rose-painted cabinet plate as shown above. 


Barkcloth!  Who doesn't need some of this?  (Apparently, not I--at least not as much as I have.)



Hepplewhite style drawer pulls--they look great and vintage-y painted white and distressed.


How about a Minton's antique cup and saucer with loads of gold trim?  Jane would have been proud to use such a thing.  (Jane who?  Jane Who Else Austen, that's who!)


Then there's this here carved naturally distressed carved 100 year old Adirondack carved frame.  I keep thinking I should paint it white but the dark wood is kind of the point. (Did I mention that it is carved?)



I also have quite a few doll items for sale this week.  This is a Beefeater by Liberty of London.




This lot of dolls features quite a few Storybook/Nancy Ann dolls.  I love her dolls.


The cute sailor above is a doll from the 40's or 50's (or even 30's) by Norah Welling.  Cute! 


I also have non-vintage (also known as brand spanking new) items for sale on eBay this week, such as this Sugar Plum Fairy doll outfit by Tonner, for 16" fashion dolls.  It is gorge-wah!





Aren't dolls beautiful?  I keep wanting to own them but I just don't have a place to display them and as my kids get bigger, my storage space shrinks.  It's a tragedy, really. This one is also by Tonner, known as Spanish Hot Chocolate from the New York City Ballet collection. 


These Tee Fury brand screen printed custom made shoes are Da Bomb but, sadly, not big enough for my daughter's feet.  Off to the auction block!


There is quite a little story to this item:  In July of 2014, Garth Brooks was supposed to perform in Dublin.  He had performed there when he was starting out and received such a rapturous response, he promised to come back.  Then he retired.  When he came out of retirement, Dublin was one of the places he definitely intended to tour.  The three night concert sold out very quickly so they added two more days.  However, the City of Dublin will only allow three nights of concerts at that venue for the entire YEAR.  Garth was told that he would have to cancel the tickets for two nights or cancel the whole thing altogether.  Rather than having to disappoint some fans while choosing others, the entire event was cancelled.  I happened to be in Dublin at the time (not for the concert, thank goodness) and before the concert was cancelled, I spotted this shirt in a number of Dunnes stores.  Dunnes is the Target of Ireland and there is one in every town.  I liked it and went into every one I encountered--they all had rows and rows of these t-shirts along with black Garth Brooks style hats.  Once the concert was cancelled, however, they were all put on clearance on a steep discount so I decided to bring one home to the U.S.  This is a cool shirt with red sequins forming the word TEAM, one I find rather ironic considering how quickly Dunnes chose to divest themselves of all things Garth the second he ditched them.  So, onward (to London and Bath and Liverpool and Cambridge) and upwards (to Edinburgh and Inverness and Loch Ness and Fort William and the Isle of Skye) and I'll Be to Scotland Afore Ye!  (Though, honestly, I wish I could take you with me.)

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at Thursday, June 25, 2015 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Post a Comment