Taking Care of Business (every day) taking care of . . .  

Posted by Heidi



Today I have two tags:

April of Designer Mom (see blogroll) has a memory game tag going. The way it works (theoretically): you leave a comment about a memory you have of me. Bwawwahhhahhahaaa! That’s pretty funny since most of you who brave the comment section of my blog have never met me. Those who have met me, for the most part, don’t have google ID’s. This is very convenient for them because it gives them an excuse not to comment. Should be interesting. Oh, and BTW, if you leave a comment of a memory of me here, then I will assume you are participating and I will go and check your blog to write a comment about a memory I have of you. Could be fun! (Have I done this before? Can't remember . . .)
The other tag comes from Never a True Aggie (see blogroll). These questions are different than the other tags I have seen. For example:
A) Four places that I go over and over: the school (mostly the elementary school—the middle child is finally starting to walk to and from-woo hoo!), the grocery store, (Food Maxx and Safeway) Kmart (the closest place to buy just about anything non-food related) and The Little Long’s (as we call the diminutive version of the drug store that is a few blocks from our house--it's a great place to get ice cream and candy bars at 9:55 at night).
B) Four People who email me regularly: Shirley, Jen, Laura, The Spouse
C) Four of my favorite places to eat: The Bath House in Pleasant Grove (CA) which was spectacular but is now gone, Le Papillon in San Jose, Applebees, Jack in the Box. (NOT IHOP) (not anymore) (or ever: see http://heidiashworth.blogspot.com/2008/09/restaurants-we-love-and-restaurants-in.html
D) Four places I would rather be right now: Howden’s castle in Ben Lomond, England, (always England) the beach, anywhere, anyplace I can be visiting with my extended family members
E) Four people I think will respond: Bhwaaahhhahhaaaa!!
F) Four TV shows I watch: Ghost Whisperer, Supernatural, Smallville and House (we like the fantasy stuff here—and should anyone wonder, House is fantasy—it is!)
Last item of business: A number of delightful and lovely bloggers have chosen to follow my blog. Their beautiful faces are up there. They know that people will click on their face and find their own blogs. They are as smart as they are beautiful . . .

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at Saturday, September 20, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Ok Heidi,
I think that I am far too dense to have a blog. I had no idea that when I signed up to follow your blog people could link over to my blog from the picture. Duh.... Or maybe I truly am brilliant and did this without even knowing in my subconscious mind that this was a way to trick people to my site..... No, .......I am just dense.
Roxanne

September 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Oh and I was going to leave a memory of you. I just got caught up in the linking thing. My only memory of you or I should actually say, the two of you (Heidi, Holly) was seeing the two of you look so completely identical I could never really tell you apart. In my mind I can still see the two of you looking at me with those big eyes and me thinking "I don't know which is which". Sorry if it is lame but the memory aint so great and that is truly what comes to mind when I try to think up a memory.
Roxanne

September 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Thank you Roxanne! Now go out and follow every blog you can find! (Holly and I have green eyes, tho--they are large and dark, just, er, not brown . . .)

September 20, 2008 at 6:04 PM

hey sister ashworth! my mom just told me about your cute blog so i thought i'd come check it out. a memory- when you were our beehive adviser and we were studying the new testament. it came up that luke was my favorite book and you miraculously knew that my 12 year old self had a crush on a boy named luke. we were all very impressed...you were clearly very in tune or maybe just super hip. i'm glad your little one had a good time at the dentist :)
-kaity nieman

September 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Kaity, what a totally sweet surprise! Thank you so much for taking time to post a memory comment. You girls were all so cute--and the Luke thing, well, when you get a little older, you'll be in tune and super hip, too. Or whatever it was that I was . . .

September 20, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Anonymous  

Heidi, thanks for playing the game. A memory with you is our first encounter. I was thrown into primary not knowing a sole in the ward let alone in primary. You were there to direct me of where to go and what to do, since I had no introduction or training. I was so glad you were there to help me out! You were also kind enough to clue me into the ward gossip...er, I mean, ward business. :)

September 22, 2008 at 11:05 AM

LOL! April, you are so sweet! I wish we weren't going to be losing you from our primary--I hope that we can still find time to chat about, um, stuff. :)

September 22, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Man, I just read this and realized that Roxanne never said brown eyes--just eyes--I am starting to see things. Maybe too much time on the computer?

September 23, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Post a Comment