My novel  

Posted by Heidi in

I have just added a fun ticker for when my book, Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind, comes out on December 24th of this year. It is being published by Avalon Books and will be available for pre-order from the online Amazon and Barnes and Noble bookstores starting, I believe, in November, perhaps late October. I will be adding links when they become available. MDSHM is a fast moving, fun romantic comedy set in the Pride and Prejudice/Napoleonic Wars time period. It is Jane Austen meets P.G. Wodehouse meets George Burns and Gracie Allen. I wrote this about fourteen years ago when I was expecting my daughter, our second child, when my then four year old was off at Grandma's house. I have been completely unable to write much since then with all the busyness a young family entails, but once our youngest starts first grade in the fall, I hope to be able to start work on a new novel. Being published is a goal I have been working towards since I was 7 years old (that was, er, a long time ago, now) and it is very exciting to be able to cross that one off the list! I took years of typing classes in junior high and high school with my writing goal in mind, and boy, am I glad! Who knew that keyboarding would be such an important skill?

This entry was posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 at Friday, April 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Post a Comment