The Pretty Pass Blogging Has Brought Me To . . .  

Posted by Heidi in


Soon I will be enjoying my sixth month anniversary of blogging which has led to some deep reflection on my part. Questions arise, such as, will there be a party? Will cake be served? And there are others, just as important, I’m sure, such as, what have I accomplished in the past six months which begs the further question, what have I not accomplished? The answers to that one came a’flying—here’s the list.

Since I Started Blogging I Have Not . . .

--cleaned my house, you know, really well, from top to bottom (granted, could be a coincidence)
---cleaned the fridge (for which the colonies of micro-organisms thank me)
--eaten much wheat (isn’t that supposed to be the staff of life?)
--been able to fight off germs very well (could be partially due to the above)
--been plagiarized (I can live with that one. Sort of.)
--lost ten pounds (the goal started out as five but well, you know—and it’s all in my seat so, thanks blogosphere!)
---finished my second book (or the third, woe is me)
--become a famous blogger (I was really counting on that one)
--become rich (implied in the one above)
--given the mess in the garage a moment’s thought (I find I enjoy walking on the dirty laundry)
--read Breaking Dawn (I know! Sacrilegious!)
--vacationed (my fickle fans might desert me should I miss more than a day of posting—not to imply that you are all fickle, by any means)
---put away my eight (count ‘em—eight!) Halloween décor totes (though I did put up the décor which makes the black and orange totes stacked around the living room sorta blend in).
--washed the sheets (this one was suggested by The Spouse—I will have to do a sniff test to verify the accuracy of this one)
--cooked a meal (also pointed out by The Spouse except I know he is dead wrong as I have flashbacks of holding myself whilst rhythmically rocking in a dark closet, and on more than one occasion, as proof that I did, indeed, cook an entire meal—and since my memory doesn’t extend beyond six months these days, it’s pretty clear that this does not belong on the list--except that I don’t have the memory of actually cooking anything, just the trauma afterwards so in fact, I can prove nothing.)
--brought about world peace (heaven knows I tried!)
--run for vice-president (then again, who needs it, right Sarah?)
--won a Pulitzer (though I’m pretty sure that’s only for newspaper articles—still)
--acquired 400 friends on Facebook (if my sweet little niece can, why can’t I?)
--bathed (a total waste of my time)
--changed my socks (also a waste of time in light of above)
--changed my underwear (no comment)
--done the laundry (the kids can go around stinky as well as I)
--been bored. And hey, that's what really counts!

This entry was posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 at Monday, October 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

21 wise, witty and wonderful comments

You haven't eaten much wheat? Good for you!

World peace and famous blogger are right around the corner. Give it another six months!

Clean clothes are way over-rated.

October 13, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Actually, I have only eaten wheat 24 days out of um, er, nearly six months worth of days. My math skills are at an even lower low than usual what with the cold on the brain and lack of sleep.

October 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM

So you haven't bathed in six months? I will put off meeting you in person then. PEW. :)

I so rarely remember to wash the sheets. We're kindred spirits!

October 13, 2008 at 5:21 PM

I know what you mean! I have major blogging guilt sometimes, especially when I go into the laundry room. But I really feel like it has been good for me on so many levels, so I roll with it. I work full time too, so when I get home at 3 there are many other things to do. Lately they all take a back seat :)

October 13, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Holy cow, Kazzy, you work full time? How do you do it? Heather--your'e so funny! But really, the sheets--not high on the priority list but they do get done once in while and I know for a fact they were done sometime in the past 6 months. I even submitted circumstantial evidence to the spouse whereupon he had to back down.

October 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM

You don't need to read Breaking Dawn, I'll wrap up the whole 8000 page book in one sentence: And they lived happily ever after.

October 13, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Since you haven't bathed and don't have clean clothes I think I will opt to send you my future copy of "Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind" to sign it, instead of trying to ever get it signed in person. Sometimes it is better to be a distant admirer...plus you can never be lonely with your own colony of flies....lol

October 13, 2008 at 6:49 PM

You're the best comedic list maker I know! Perhaps Letterman lists will be next....

October 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Mary--thank you--you don't know what a load that is off of my mind! My "To Be Read" pile is big and getting bigger by the blogger-day. Christine--who needs fans when they can have flies like mine? ;) (Wow! You're going to buy a copy of MDSHM--I think I am up to eight sales, now. woo hoo!)
Jen--thank you, I think. How many list makers do you know?--not counting Dave?

October 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM

I'm sorry you neglected so many things by blogging, but it's been great for us your readers, so even though it's selfish, I beseech you to keep blogging. Maybe the spouse can wash the sheets for now? I'm sure he doesn't want to stand in the way of your soon to happen fame and fortune. Just a few more months. :-)

Congratulations on 6 months of great posts!

October 13, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Marivic--does that say what I think it says? Words like "beseech" and phrases such as "keep on blogging"? Be still my beating heart! You have no idea . . .sniff (I'm not being sarcastic, either!)

October 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM

What a hoot you are my dear cousin. Sometimes I like your comment responses as much as the actual post. What an all around talent you are.
Roxanne

October 13, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Thank YOU, dear cousin. I do try . . . thanks for all of your encouragement and support. Hey, can I tempt you with chocolate cream puffs on the 14th of Feb? Don't tell me you have better things to do in that there state three states away, do you? : )

October 13, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Granted, could be a coincidence.

hee hee.

what a great list.

October 13, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Thanks Johnna! Glad to see your purty face on my comments.

October 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Heidi,
A chocolate cream puff could tempt me from even 4 states away. I will have to get my planning hat on and see what can be done.
Roxanne

October 14, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Oooh, Roxanne! That would be so cool! We really aren't any longer of a drive than Disneyland. We aren't the happiest place on earth but we get pretty close some days. : )

October 14, 2008 at 10:08 AM

I think it's bad to wash your sheets too often. Or your socks. Or underwear.

And losing weight is totally overweighted. I mean overrated.

October 15, 2008 at 1:33 PM

You totally crack me up, Lisa!

October 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

I've been blogging for two years now.

Good thing we moved during that interval or the house would be too malodorous to allow for houseguests...

October 15, 2008 at 10:19 PM

LOL! That's a good idea, tho--just move out . ..

October 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Post a Comment