Happy Thanksgiving To You and You and You!  

Posted by Heidi in


And, might I add, I can't wait to get wasted on all that wheat! Woo hoo! (If you don't hear from me tomorrow, picture me in bed nursing my wheat hangover. Urgh!)

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at Thursday, November 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a lovely day!

November 27, 2008 at 10:00 AM

And YOU!!

Enjoy the wheat!

Wheat is neat. It can't be beat. But it makes it hard to see your feet! Especially when that wheat is sweet.

November 27, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Back atcha! Wheat hangovers brutal? Rolls good enough to take the consequences?

Funny, Lisa!

November 27, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Sabrina--thanks, you too! Lisa--what talent! Your poem is funny and sadly, oh so true! Kazzy--it is worth it on the holidays to eat the rolls--I mean, really what is Thanksgiving without rolls and gravy (which has flour in it)? And what about the pie? Christmas doesn't matter so much (except for the days leading up to it--by Christmas I am so sweeted-out already) but Thanksgiving is all about the food!

November 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Happy Thanksgiving! And Happy Hangovering!

November 27, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 27, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Thanks everyone and oh, my! The wheat was good!

November 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Had a great day with a houseful of friends and family; hope yours was just as awesome.

And BTW, if that wheat hangover is still bothering you on Friday, I've heard a little 'hair of the dog' like a nice croissant in the morning can fix ya up nicely...

November 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Hope you had a fantastically awesome wheat-eating day!

November 28, 2008 at 6:29 AM

Abra--I did, thank you! It was totally worth it BUT I think I will have to take AJ up on his (hislarious) suggestion. Sigh, it was a lovely day, and today my family of five are going to do justice to our own turkey and more wheat, so I guess I'm going to need more hair of the dog on Saturday (oops!)

November 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM

So do you get a hangover if you just keep eating it? I need to get clean and sober soon. Before I turn violet and the Umpaloompas roll me out the door. :)

Happy Thanksgiving Friday!

November 28, 2008 at 1:37 PM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. And hey, I didn't know you could get wasted on wheat. I got totally wasted on Tryptophen. I'm been in a Turkey fog for 2 days, which is why I'm been M.I.A.

November 28, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Ugh. I am waist-ed on wheat. Completely. And just to punish myself I tried my tight pants on today. Double ugh.

November 28, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Jami/Violet--I have never had a real hangover so I don't know--but I wake up feeling like my head is bigger than it should be and very groggy and unable to function--plus the old body feels like it was hit by a truck. I was going to give myself one more day of wheat but I am seriously reconsidering. Christmas will be here before you know it. Crash, I hear that turkey can make you sleepy (hey, I watch Seinfeld like everyone else) but I am just not that fond of it for that to happen. It's all about the wheat for me. Mariko--that's very funny--"waist-ed on wheat". I'm going to have to use that one. With your permish, of course.

November 29, 2008 at 10:07 AM

Post a Comment