I Just Can't Keep Away From This Gratitude Thing  

Posted by Heidi in


I had a fabulous Thanksgiving and am so grateful for all the family members who worked so hard to make it a special day for the rest of us. It was a great day filled with family and great tasting wheat! (for which I am very grateful because bad tasting wheat would really have been a waste and oh-so-tragic).
I am also grateful for this blog award I received from Kazzy at Kazzy's Ponderings the other day. She was so sweet about it, it brought tears to my eyes, which is why I am going to quote what she said right here:
"This award is to be given to someone who seems to make the world feel smaller. It is to be given to someone who demonstrates friendship, and who doesn't seek out or care about winning awards. Every time I read Heidi's blog I feel like she is someone I know. She has been a good example of someone who has taken some difficult situations and grown from them. She is funny, but not to a point where she hides behind her humor. It is genuine and enjoyable. And when she takes a more serious angle she is terrific too. I always laugh at her responses to her comments! She is making connections over and over again with people that read her blog. That is a great thing!"
It is so darn gratifying to be appreciated, especially by someone as terrific as Kazzy! Every one of Kazzy's posts are beautiful, compelling and well-written. They are deeply pondered gems that make you think and inspire you to be a better person. Thanks Kazzy!

This entry was posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 at Friday, November 28, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Happy Thanksgiving back to you! SOunds like it was a great one! What a sweet ode to Heidi. I always knew those things about you, but in real life! I am lucky to have had you in my life! xoxo

November 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM

You earned ever pixel of that award. You are terrific. Hope you had a great holiday and are bouncing back from any wheat problems you might have faced. :)

November 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Hillary--I miss you but I love the internet because you don't seem so far away. Thanks for your nice words--and you, too, Kazzy--gee, you spoil me! As for wheat probs, turkey must have some magical element that does battle with the sugar because I am doing really pretty well. Gonna do it all again today! Woo hoo!

November 28, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Sounds like you're out of your wheat coma and all is well!
Congrats on the award!

November 28, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Kazzy's description sounds very much like you! Congrats!


word verification: sconch
Is that something you do to a sconce? Hmmm...

November 28, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Muchly deserved!

November 28, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Congratulations, dear. You do make a wonderful friend.

November 28, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Justrandi, yes I avoided the wheat coma but I am still working on it (hey, it's a holiday!) Becky--ha! sconch! Maybe it sconce for a conch? Kim and Jami, thank you! So sweet!

November 28, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Wow! That is so sweet. And so true about you. Now I need to go read Kazzy. I wonder if Kazzy could give me an award that says how I love to hide behind my humor. Do they have an award like that?

I can't wait to get your book.

And I agree with you. Bad tasting wheat would be . . . just bad.

November 28, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Awesome! You deserve it, you amazing Heidi, you!

November 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Crash, yes, you need to read Kazzy. Everyone needs to read Kazzy.

November 28, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I love what Kazzy said too! So true. This is my favorite award floating around the blogosphere. You deserve it! :)

November 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Ditto everything you said about Kazzy's blog (and Kazzy said about yours!)

December 1, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Post a Comment