There Are A Few Worthy Activities Other Than Blogging  

Posted by Heidi in

Today is going to be a crazy day. I have to behave like a real homemaker sometimes, for pity sakes! So, this is all the torture to which I am going to subject you for now. (But if you read anything wise, witty and/or wonderful today, I would appreciate it if you misremembered it as being written by me. Yep. That’d be great.) Meanwhile, I will leave you with this pretty darn witty you tube link. (For which I am very grateful.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f86qKQJg3Z8

This entry was posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 at Monday, November 17, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

20 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Sometimes real life gets in the way of blogging, doesn't it?

Those guys are pretty talented. How much do you think they charge for a private viewing? (Ewww, gross!)

November 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Are you kidding? I would love to see this in person! I think they are hysterical (and rare--I personally don't know a single guy who would do that). And, yes, LIFE--why is it tormenting me so?

November 17, 2008 at 11:18 AM

I just hate it when I have to behave like a real homemaker. So annoying!

Great clip!

November 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Well, I finally mopped my kitchen floor. And washed the cabinets. And the walls by the table the kids splashed food on.

So, I am feeling quite worthy. And quite worthy to read your archive, since I haven't been out and about for awhile.

November 17, 2008 at 12:15 PM

It must be in the air today. My nose is burning from the smell of bleach, but man did our bathroom need it. At least I found my daughter's candy bag from Halloween and there are a few pieces of chocolate left. She gets home in about an hour, so I better eat fast.

November 17, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Katie--LOL! (really--I did!) My daughter still has a stash but she counts it every morning before she goes to school so I'm outta luck. Yet, I feed her (when she's not full from Halloween candy) so I think I should have free dibs on her candy. Alas, she does not agree. Nouveau you, you must be feeling like a new you right about now (hee hee!)Thanks for spending part of your leisure time reading my blog (I still think you should hire someone to clean, I SO would!)
Alyson, you are too pretty to behave like a real homemaker and if I hear that you have been I'll have to come and slap you. (I've been dying for an excuse to visit the east coast, anyway.)

November 17, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Heidi,
That was an awesome clip!! Wards don't do stuff like that anymore. You have given me inspiration, maybe I will get a talent show set up for my ward (shh, don't tell anyone I said that.)
Also, of course I will buy your book :) I just wanted to get a signed one So I will email you, so you can email me with the total, and then I will be sending a check your way. Thanks, I am banking that a signed copy of your book will be worth millions later, and it can pay for our retirement :)

November 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Ok, there may be a FEW other worthy things, but not quite as earth-changing! I vote that we all just do housework once a week and save the other 6 for other things. Not really sure what... :)

November 17, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Tara, after reading your latest post, it sounds like you are the mover and the shaker of the ward. I have no doubt you could convince 6 guys to wear stuffed bras and act like total (but hilarious) idiots on stage. Kazzy--can we vote for housework once a month? No? Please? (somebody hold me)

November 17, 2008 at 4:14 PM

I hate that, when life gets in the way... just kidding!

November 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I'm not (and it's so very sad).

November 17, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Anonymous  

Tag! ur it! (taylor blog)

November 17, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Wow! Wee! Thanks! I think . .

November 17, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Hi Heidi, I finally found you! I thought you were "Good Deeds", then you commented to my comment. I am confussed. You have 4 blogs?

November 17, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Okay, so I added the followers gadget per your request (or rather begging :-). I did not want to have it up before because I only have 8 public followers (of which you are not one, I might add). Maybe I will have to shame some out of hiding. I hope you are able to get yours to work right soon.

PS, my word verification is Shane. Maybe he should be the romantic lead in your next book. It must be a sign.

November 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM

OBG! I do have four blogs (Good Deeds isn't really mine, it's Laura's, but I can post on it so that's why it shows up on my dashboard). One of them is my ward primary blog which I update, one of them is a failed experiment and I am too lazy to figure out how to get rid of it and the other is my daughter's but she doesn't do anything with it. THanks for visiting! Becky--see, this is why I have asked you to put the widget in your blog because I don't know how to be a follower without it. So, yay, thanks! And that word verifier thing, I swear it listens in on our bloggy conversations! Such a wit!

November 17, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Heidi, I agree with you and Alyson, it's not very fun to be a real homemaker sometimes. I hope that you get everything done that you need to and I will remember everything I read today as coming from YOU!

November 17, 2008 at 8:43 PM

I just came by to say "Hi!" and answer your question about whether I have calenders. Yes, I do have 2009 calenders of my photography, but none of them contain the Thanksgiving still life... yet. I write that hesitantly because I'd have to do 11 other still life's for each month other than November before I could release one. ;) But the 2009 calenders I do have available can be seen if you go to my website at www.rosehavencottage.com and then look for the calender link in the left hand column under "Shopping". I'm so glad you like my latest piece. It means a lot! Hugs, Cindy

November 18, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Crash, thanks, but remember the injunction--you can only misremember the good stuff! Thanks, Cindy, I'm so there!

November 18, 2008 at 7:20 AM

I'm back to blogland after doing housework and work work in the last few days. We all need time off from blogging to get on with real life, I guess. Thanks for the clip. It was hilarious.

November 19, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Post a Comment