Blogging Was Not My First Addiction  

Posted by Heidi in

I have become seriously addicted to Gordon Ramsay. Here's how it happened. (Warning--if you have been reading me since September, you have heard this story before but it does have an amusing little update at the end--or so I like to think. Because I'm delusional that way.)

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 at Saturday, December 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I remember that post. I hope your new system fulfills all of your British and sports dreams!

And "yay" for addictions that help us make new friends!

December 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM

There is a song, "Little Green Valley", by Marti Robbins. I thought of that when I read the post.

December 13, 2008 at 11:30 AM

I don't know who Gordon Ramsay is. I guess it's because this lady doesn't have dvr or cable or dish or anything else. Bummer.

December 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM

I came to visit and knew we could be friends when I read that you hadn't finished the Twilight series either.
You are one busy bloggerita. And spell check dissed that word. Whatever.

December 13, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Oh my goodness... I absolutely love Gordon Ramsey. I'm pretty much going to marry him... don't tell his wife, or billy.

Yeah.

I LOVE THIS GUY!
**sigh**

December 13, 2008 at 7:45 PM

That post was one of my favorites. I am happy to hear you now have a reliable service/system. TV addictions are so much better when you don't have service issues pestering you.

December 13, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Kazzy--I agree, one must look at the fruits, right? Arlon, I have heard of Marty Robbins--I don't know if I have heard that song or not. I'll have to check it out. Erin, if you are reading this, Gordon Ramsay is this kind of arrogant foul mouthed famous British chef who has this TV show where he goes and gets failing restaurants back on their feet. Thank goodness they beep out the bad words! Yikes! He can be a real pill but he is so darn appealing at the same time. Abra knows all about it, don't you Abra? ;) Hey Megz, welcome! Yes, let's be blog friends! Woo hoo! Becky, thank you! Things are much better in our little green valley these days, that's for sure!

December 13, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Oh hey weird too... I had to leave the blogging world for a moment because Gordon Ramsey's "The F Word" was on...
It's super cute with little anecdotes about his kids and wife too...
Yup, and I always watch Hells Kitchen as wells as Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

I'm a total Rasmey freak. Yes I am.

December 13, 2008 at 8:54 PM

and by Rasmey I of course meant Ramsey... I couldn't figure out why it was underline red... but now I do.

December 13, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Abra, I have just seen Kitchen Nightmares. I'm going to have to check my TV guide for the other two--yay! When in the world does he see his wife and kids? He's too busy chewing out chefs around the world.

December 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM

I know but this one centres around a diner that he owns too, and raising turkeys and yeah, it's great because you get to see him as a "real person" too.

December 13, 2008 at 9:04 PM

When I saw that you already had 11 comments, I thought, she doesn't really need my comment today, but then when I saw that lots of them were a conversation between you and Abra, I decided I really would comment. So, I haven't been blogging or blog reading a lot lately because I, unlike you, was reading Breaking Dawn. I put it off for a while, but then a very kind soul lent it to me and I spent a lot of Christmas preparation time or blogging time reading it. It was fun, but got really good about half way through. I hope your new system works out for you. How do you find the time to blog, and watch TV and read and write novels? Wow, some women can do it all! (I can only focus on one thing at a time.)

December 13, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Abra--turkeys!?!? Heather--you are a dear! And I'm NOT doing it all. If you go back to my October archives, you will find lots of posts about how I am SO not doing it! Also, 12 comments is not so many that I don't want more. Oh no! I love and cherish every single one, even if there are multiple ones from the same person. Love it! Absolutely love the interaction.

December 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM
Anonymous  

Ah, 'twas brillig.... such a delightful tale! I don't care so much about any channel that doesn't broadcast BBC. Speaking of which, have you ever seen the "Shakespeare Retold" series? So FUN!! I found them on Netflix first before I saw that I had missed the t.v. airing months before.... gotta' love Netflix!

And p.s. -- I GOT YOUR BOOK IN THE MAIL TODAY!!! And no, it was not damaged. I'm debating whether I should, in fact, leave it in its brown envelope under the tree or if I should steam it open, stay up all night and read it, then put it back under the tree? Or heck, just tear it open and enjoy it, guilt-free, and never mind that I won't have any surprises under the tree Christmas morning -- I WON A BRAND NEW BOOK, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! I'm so excited!!

December 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Sue Q--I was going to wrap it before I put it in the envelope but I couldn't find the scissors OR the tape and I was in a hurry. But wouldn't that have made you think twice (should you have actually opened it?) bwwaahhaahahaaaa! (Heidi, laughing evilly and wishing she had wrapped it, like, three times!)

December 14, 2008 at 8:49 AM

How embarrassing! Sorry to monopolize your blog comment section... oh, wait... OOPS!

December 14, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Abra--you are such a goofball! Comment as much as you like! Love it!

December 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Believe it or not, I've never been exposed to Gorgon Ramsay. I am, however, totally in awe of Alton Brown. It's entirely my wife's fault. I blame her. She was the one who was watching his show one day when I returned home from work. I was tired... vulnerable... and there he was. His nerdy wit and encyclopedic food knowledge were too much for me to resist in my weakened state. One thing led to another, and now I watch Alton Brown whenever the TV is on, tuned into Food Network, and Good Eats is on.

December 20, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Post a Comment