A Miss Delacourt Sequel???  

Posted by Heidi in


I have been a lazy bloggist of late but I have company coming in from out of town today and lots of blog-neglected cleaning to do. So, just a few quick words on Miss D; there are some who want a sequel (how cool is that?--love you guys!). I actually have come up with the beginning paragraph of the book and a possible conflict that might/could/possibly keep Ginny and Sir Anthony apart. Meanwhile, per my calculations via the information found on worldcat.org, about 402 copies of Miss D have been sold to libraries by its release date of Dec. 24th. Yay Miss D! I'll be back next week with my favorite santa claus story and, unaccountably, a picture of my front door (because Kazzy wants to see tho I don't know why).

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 at Saturday, December 27, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

27 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I am excited to read your book - and now a sequal? I don't spell...just write.

December 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM

OK, I guess I just have something for front doors! I think it says something about a person. :)

I would be excited to read a sequel to Miss D. Keep us posted!

December 27, 2008 at 11:56 AM

"No keeping them apart. You must simply set it in the world of Ginny and Sir Anthony," she commanded.

December 27, 2008 at 12:06 PM

I looked up and found that several podunk libraries near us have Miss D. We have two library systems, each with multiple branches in the City I call home, but none of them have it. I have contacts at one, so I will see if we cannot remedy that for you.

I'm not sure I would buy Kazzy's explanation of why she wants to see your front door. How do you know she's not some obsessed fan who is trying to find your house so she can get you to autograph all 112 of the copies of your book she has?

December 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Excuse me, but I only have 57 copies! jk

December 27, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Gee, I only have two. :(

December 27, 2008 at 12:47 PM

This is awesome! Congrats!

December 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Messy Jess--don't count your chicken yet--it isn't even written. But I love the idea! Kazzy--I think that is so interesting that you see that in front doors. Is it kind of like palm reading? I should send you a pic of my door before I post it, just in case it says something bad about me. :) Jami, I totally hear what you are saying--I'll email you with my idea and see what you think. James, I'm confused--not ness your fault since it's my natural state of mind, but I think you said several libraries have Miss D but the two library systems don't? Makes no sense to moi. Anyway, as long as the sitch is remedied, it mattereth not! Thanks ever so! And, hey, you got funnny banter going in my comments! Way to go! Kristina, Thanks!

December 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I've been a bad bloggist (yay, I used your word) lately too. That's what happens when your husband takes vacation time from work.

Very cool about your book! Let us know if you head for sequeldom!

December 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Yippee!

December 27, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Miss D x 2~Merry Christmas to all!!

December 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Alyson--no doubt! Hubby clenches his teeth when he sees me at the computer--again! I'm glad to have him home but I won't cry too hard when he goes back to work (does that make me a bad bloggist?) Becky--thanks! Double thanks, in fact! Heather, you are just too clever!

December 27, 2008 at 7:47 PM

What James means is that two libraries in small towns that are "near us" (one is 30 minutes, and I don't know what other one he's talking about) have your books, while the two library systems (with multiple branches)in our city do not. How's that for a long sentence? :D

Pooh on them. I want to read your book in SUCH a bad way, but I'm going to have to wait until I can get it. The title sounds so fun, my fingers are itching to get hold of it!

December 27, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Yikes! I just realized from the "follow this blog" button that I had not done what I thought I had done!

Well, it is now done. I mightily beg your forgiveness for my delay. Please take pity on one of unsound mind!

December 27, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Congrats on the book! I have been reading about it on Crash's site and now Kazzy likes it too....I am intrigued! Please Kazzy, don't judge me by my front door (our remodel isn't done yet) :) Now I must hunt down my own copy, or maybe get one of Kazzy's 112 copies since I know how to find her! hehehehe!

December 27, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Rebecca, thanks for the explanation. That is pretty strange huh? BUT you can request that one of your two stingy library systems have an intersystem transfer--basically, they borrow it from a library that has it, regardless. As for the following thing, I dreamed all night of a witty response--oh, it was so clever--but as always, in the morning, it is just smashed flies. Boiled down it was this--you are the mom of three children and expecting another AND you can't eat sweets. Anyone would be truly evil to hold you responsible for your actions at this time (but thanks for coming to your addled senses at last!) Hey, I think I drove through or near your town this summer when I went from Nauvoo to Lee's Summit MO. April, thanks for visiting and commenting! Love that! Though, I have to fly to Kazzy's defense--Kazzy liked it FIRST, er, that is to say, BEFORE Crash, but I don't want to split hairs or anything. That causes frizzies. We don't like frizzies at our house.

December 28, 2008 at 7:53 AM

At my local library they will purchase a book for the collection if patrons request it. There is a budget for purchasing new books, and if a person pays taxes, that person gets a voice in what gets purchased. Ask at your local library to see if they have a book request form you can fill out. I am going to request Miss D. be brought to my town!

December 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I wonder if I should request my little teeny tiny library to buy your book? I wonder if they'd do it? I'll try. :)

December 28, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Funny Farmer and Lara--thank you so much! Most libraries budget's are busted just now so maybe asking in January (2nd) is the best way to go. Ah, heck, it's close enough to that now. They can put it on a list, right? Yay!

December 28, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I'll check my library even though I have a copy in my hot little hands :)

And although I love my hub - yeah, I don't cry too much when he finds something to entertain him so I can try to do a little blogging :)

December 28, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Hip HIp hooray, is all I have to say!
xoxo

December 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM

A break from the blogosphere is always a good thing. Allows us to return to blogging a bit more revitalized than when we left.

Did you just recently add the comments on your sidebar re your book? Love them! Also, thanks very much for your short description. Between the two, I am happy to report that the book is on its way to my home via Amazon.

Happy New Year!
-Francesca

December 29, 2008 at 6:32 AM

402? WOW! How does it even calculate that? Weird. I should request it at my library, so you can have 403.

December 29, 2008 at 10:15 AM

T--thanks, on both counts! Tara--you will be glad to know that I got the greenlight on the sequel from my editor this very morn--woo hoo!--Francesca--no, all of that has been there for a while but I'm glad you found it! I am thrilled to know that something I am doing is working. I hope you enjoy it! (a lot!) Mariko--yes, yes, I would love that! Just keep requesting, people. The way it is calculated involved clicking on every entry under Miss D on worldcat.org. I go through the info that tells me how many branches have a copy and whether or not it was checked out. It took me about four hours to do. Phew!

December 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Heidi that's so great! Can't wait to hear more about it. I think it is so awesome you are published! Keep 'em coming!

December 29, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Laura, you are sweet! Thanks!

December 29, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Hooray for a sequel!
But PLEASE don't keep them apart for too long!

I ordered Miss D for our library, but haven't checked yet to see if it's come in.

December 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Post a Comment