The Middle Finger Is Needful For Many Things . . .  

Posted by Heidi in

. . the least of which is not typing e’s and d’s. I also use it to wash the dishes, wash my hair and any manner of household chores.

Needless to say, they are going undone.

Needless to say I need to rest my finger for my Tuesday novel-writing marathon (thank goodness my middle finger is not needed to untwist Lindt truffle wrappers).

Needless to day I don’t use that finger to express myself (t’would be a needless sin) esp. not online where it will go unseen, rendering the act clearly needless.

Needless to say I am going to post links to my fave ha-ha posts of the past for all the Mormon Mommy bloggists who are coming to check me out.

Needless to say I am boring my long time readers with this but . . .

. . . needless to say, it is needful, so . . . sorry! (Am I using too many needless dot-dot-dots?)


Interview With A Nutrition Vampire

The Day I Got The "Call"

House Hunting Is Like Ghost Hunting, Only Scarier (part one)

How To Blog Yourself Into The Looney Bin (a cautionary tale)

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 at Saturday, January 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

21 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Needless to say I am a fan of interviews with nutrition vampires.

January 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM

And also needless to say-I have a small sense of satisfaction being the first commenter on a blog.

January 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Needless to say, I feel satisfaction at your needless satisfaction. :) Did that come out right?

January 10, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Needless to say I laughed.....outloud.....again.....of course!

persenl=on a "personal" note, the use of the middle finger is sometimes freeing.....alas I only use it in my mind....most times...... :)

January 10, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Needless has a lot of D/E use of your finger :)

My 4 year old is still innocent enough that she points at everything with the finger... which is fine until she points at me...

January 10, 2009 at 12:45 PM

About a month ago I sliced my left forefinger really deep with a paira of fabric scissors (long and aggravating story). I was a pain to try writing! Thank heavens my nail was longish; I could use IT to type!

January 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I'm glad that Annette broke the "Needless to say..." chain. I was starting to get stressed out and feel a lot of pressure about what I was going to say that started with that.

Needless to say, I overcame that pressure when I saw that Annette was the first to jump ship.

January 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Maybe try typing other letters or symbols instead of the letters d and e (a la Ella Minnow Pea style) until your finger is healed.

January 10, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You can always just use paper and pencil for some note taking on your book ideas until it feels better. Archaic? Yes, but it might put your thinking right back into Victorian times. :)

January 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Did you get the good band-aids? Didyadidyadidya? Put up a button so we can contribute to your cause. I'll help pay for your e and d restoration.

So glad to hear that your truffle wrapping is not impaired.

January 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM

April--just the helk don't aim it at me! :) T--honest to Pete I didn't think about that when I wrote the needless post--what's wrong with me? Annette, alas my nails are short (I try but the Big Guy can be so worrisome) so . . . can I borrow yours? Kristina--you crack me up! Becky--sure but Ella Minnow Pea has two e's in it so I'm not sure how that could possibly help, hmmmm, Kazzy-the idea is simply lovely, esp if I use a quill but I can't. Long story. Boring story. Need I say, Needless Story? Jami--I didn't recognize you! But I love the profile "J". I DID get the band aids and they are helping (esp with this persistent zit on my cheek) and it feels much better, thank you! I love that you want to pay for my e and d restoration. I love that you wrote the words "e and d restoration". Love it!

January 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Anonymous  

My dad once sliced his pointer finger whilst slicing a bagel. It required many stitches and serious bandaging which inhibited and bending of said finger. Hi biggest disappointment? That it had not been his middle finger.

Thanks for dropping by, you're all signed up.

And good luck to you on the MMB vote. I can't wait to be shot, I mean, for it to be over. Good thing I'm not a singer or actress up for some major award. This is peanuts and I'm dyin' here!

January 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

No finger for you Heidi! I haven't done that in a looooong time! (at least a year--hehehehe!!!)

January 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Needful Heidi is Needling that she Needs New fingers, Needlessly, using the E,D more often than was Needing!

There.
And I'm back.

January 10, 2009 at 7:19 PM

You are so funny. Thank God for Truffles... Good luck with the writing~! :)

January 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Mina, I'm confused. If you hang around here long enough, you will learn that this is my natural state--but really, for what did I sign up? Are you signed up? For MMB? WHA? I'm lost. But thanks for stopping by and for commenting. Yay! April, I can't tell you how relieved I am! Abra--yayyy!! Missed you!

January 10, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Anonymous  

The day you got the call.....wow. I'm blown away with serious envy. Not about the sick part, but the publish your book after 23 years part. ('Cause that's how I feel RIGHT NOW!!)

January 10, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Sue--14 years, not 23. Had to clarify that. Don't want to seem even older than I am! But thanks for your enthusiasm! With that profile pic, everything you say seems pretty darn enthusiastic!

January 10, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Did you mention how you hurt these fingers?

January 11, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Heatherlyn, it was a glue gun accident and thanks for asking! I plan to blog about it if I ever finish the project I was meant to be gluing rather than my finger!

January 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Needless to say it has taken me more than a few days to catch up on my Dunhaven fix, but I LOVE this post. You are fabbidy fab!

January 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Post a Comment