Um, If You Wouldn't Mind, I Mean, It's Not Like I Ask You To Do Anything. Much.  

Posted by Heidi in

Hey, I just found out that I was nominated at Mormon Mommy Blogs for the privilege of being highlighted this month.

Thrilled!

Also--wetting my pants. People who have never heard of me are coming here from there to check me out--which means I am going to have to come up with something way more brilliant than the post I had planned for today. Plus, I am up against eight others. Eight! I haven't worked up the courage to go and see who, yet.

It would seem that the good in life is always tempered with the less than good. (One example, my finger injury that was hugely exacerbated by my eight hours of novel-typing day before last--what's up with that? Not to mention I spent the whole day yesterday just staring at the walls, completely blog-brain-dead and wholly incapable of catching up on anything, including your blog posts. Way sad.)

Hey, Life--way ta be! (And thanks to you who nominated me--that pint of blood is in the mail.)

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 8, 2009 at Thursday, January 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 wise, witty and wonderful comments

You deserve it Heidi!!!!! Congrats!

January 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Oh dear. And now you have 2 million posts to catch up on. Scary times. :)

About the voting, I did it a couple hours ago, and I totally voted for you, because I love your blog and you deserve it. Good luck!

January 8, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Yay - that's exciting! I'm on my way over right now.

January 8, 2009 at 7:57 AM
Anonymous  

Hey, that's great -- seriously, I'm anemic and I could really use a pick me up....

Oh, wait, I mean that's great about your nomination... of course, that's what I meant! Good luck, I'm behind you all the way, and I'm sending you all my positive blogging vibes!

January 8, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I was so excited for you when I saw it!

Unfortunately, I decided not to vote. Not because I don't love you, but because I love 6 of the blogs nominated!! Ack! So, in the interest if fairness, I just didn't vote.

But I voted for you in my heart!

January 8, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Can you believe that Kristina? That was her excuse for not voting for me either! I blame my loss entirely on her.

January 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Im going there now... good luck!

January 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM

SWEET! That is awesome!

Hey,I have your book on hold for me at B&N right now! Can't wait to pick it up! hee hee hee.

January 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Although my nauseated tummy could have done without the "pint of blood" reference. It's not your fault though.

I keep smelling dried ketchup *groan* somewhere around the computer, but there isn't any so I know my brain is playing tricks on me.

January 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM

There. I voted for you! Now you're tied for first!

January 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Congrats on the nod. Just put a Lindt truffle on your shoulder and see what it whispers in your ear. Good luck!

January 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Thanks you guys! What would I do without you? And Kaz--love that idea! I'm going to try it!

January 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Congratulations! That must be very exciting!

January 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM
Anonymous  

congrats!!!!

January 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM

It's funny how that notoriety creates such pressure! I had my craft room featured in a magazine once as the 'perfect space'. I was seriously never able to work in that room after that. Too much pressure to do things 'perfectly'. It was weird. I finally got rid of the room so I could enjoy my less than perfectness again.

YOU however will be expected NOT to cave under pressure like I did. No, you'll swim just fine.

January 8, 2009 at 6:16 PM

At this moment I hold in my hands a copy of the one and only book written by the one and only Heidi!!! It came today!! My son thought it was his camera...not a happy camper...but I am! This will help me through the next two weeks!!!!

Oh, ya, congrats! ;)

January 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Heidi--thanks! Stacey, you too! Cynthia--thanks for stopping by! And sorry about your craft room. So, I take that to mean I should never have my house featured in a magazine or I would have to move? April--Yay! I'm so excited for you to read it!

January 9, 2009 at 6:59 AM

Good luck!!! :)

January 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Post a Comment