In Which I Faint With Joy  

Posted by Heidi in


Yesterday was novel writing day. Only, it wasn’t. Remember The Spouse and why I don’t blog much about him? (You don't? If I could just remember the name of that post, I could actually find it and link to it. Alas . . .) Well, it was his birthday so I decided to take the day off of writing (which is why I took the day off of blogging) to clean the house as a gift to him since he has already purchased, opened and played with his official birthday gift.

(Guitar Hero World Tour for wii.)

(Which is on the fritz).

I only got as far as our bedroom. Sadly, that’s where I started. Heh. Clean your room much, Heidi? Sad, sad, sad.

So, I took the day off of blogging to clean my room and cook dinner for the Spouse. Only, I didn’t even do that b/c I pinched a nerve using that darn ol’ Wii Fit (back when Mr. Hal Wii Fit wasn’t on the fritz) and after a day of dusting, cleaning, organizing and vacuuming (did I mention---just one room?!?!) that nerve was screaming so loud even my husband could hear it. And it was saying “Go out and get your own birthday dinner!”

Which he did.

And it made him sick.

He spent the evening becoming too well acquainted with what we affectionately call "The Necessary". I took the day off of blogging for that? Sad, sad, sad.
One thing and one thing alone pulled me through this tragic series of events and it was the knowledge that each one of you who blogged about Miss D, who put her picture in your sidebar, who purchased a book or requested one be purchased by a library near you, (or Both or All or Any Combination Thereof) are responsible for the fact that yesterday morning . . .
I got the amazing news . . .
that Miss D has sold out her first print run.
We are talking 2,100 books, here.


TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A book written by an unknown author!

Sold out!!


YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



(And, did I mention, thank you all so very, very much? I didn’t? Well, . .)

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And did I mention that if you haven’t yet procured your own copy, should you desire to do so, a fresh batch is being prepared as we speak? I didn’t? Well, it is . . . )

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(You guys are the best and I wish I could give each of you a million dollars.) (Or, at least, a really, really, really big hug! Swak! Love you! Oh, and did you check out Jeeves today? It’s a real winner.)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at Wednesday, January 28, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

47 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Heidi That is awesome news! So is the 2nd printing on it's way...did your publishers give you a big bonus and send you some Lindt chocolates....if not they don't love you nearly as much as your readers do.

January 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

awesome!!!!

yay for you - and you're being extremely modest! Take a little credit, if it weren't such a great book all of us begging our libraries etc... wouldn't have amounted to 2100 books!

Our Hal is on the fritz too... overheats... booger! (of course, it does keep the kids from playing too long!)

January 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Fantastic! Congratulations.

And I just love your dress in that picture. So feminine and pretty. :) (that picture is really awesome, just like the last one!)

January 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM
Anonymous  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You totally deserve it, Heidi. You've worked hard writing it and promoting it and I'm glad to see you get your just desserts. (Mmmm...dessert.)

I'm 1/2 way though Miss D and if you're serious about the comment on my blog, I'll be happy to review it for ya. So far, I'm enjoying the ride!

Loves and hugs and more CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

L.T.

January 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Congratulations!!
And that Jeeves cracks me up!

January 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM

This is awesome, Heidi! Congrats!

January 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM

That is AWESOME Heidi! Congrats on being such a fab author!!

January 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I want a million $$ - or an I love you ---and the Hug. Where do I buy the book?? Is it at Barnes and Noble. Seriously, I want one!!I support you, like you'd come see me in jail if I was there..right?? Let me know. Sorry about the "nerve". Happy birthday to hubby and hopefully he is away from The Necessary. (groan)

January 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM

hey, congrats! that's awesome!

January 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Congratulations, Miss Delacourt! And to Mrs. Ashworth, of course!

January 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I'm sorry you had a crummy day yesterday.

Congratulations on the sell-out! I'm glad I have a First Edition.

January 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Congratulations to you! I'm sorry your husband was sick, but the news about your book definitely made your day, didn't it? Yay for you!

January 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Heidi, that's FANTASTIC! I'm so excited for you! That must be exhilarating!

Sorry to hear about your hubby being sick. Poor guy.

Miss Delacourt RULES!

January 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Congratulations!
I have honestly been waiting to buy your book (along with Cleverish & a million other books!) until i got my tax rebate money. And just now when I read your post that they were all sold out, I was SO excited for you... but i thought, OH NO! But im glad you are printing more!
Can't wait to get my copy!
You are awesome!

January 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM

So sorry about the cleaning and the nerve! I need to clean my room too, it would be about the same story, except I would say I pulled a muscle and never finish anything...

AWESOME about your book!! YIPPEE! So happy for you!!

January 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Terrific news! Way to go! I am glad to know now that I am the proud owner of a first edition--not one of those lesser second editions.

January 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Yay for you! that is such good news and I'm so excited for you!

January 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM

CONGRATS!!

January 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I liked Becky's comment--we have TWO of the first editions! And . . . . (drum roll) we received your autographed bookmarks in the mail! My girls were so excited to get them and additionally impressed when they saw their NAMES on them!! Thanks so much for that. (Of course, now everyone will want one)

Oh, sorry about your back and your husband. I can totally related to the back thing. I feel your pain.

January 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM

TWOTHOUSANDONEHUNDREDCOPIES?!?!?!
WAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Does this mean you actually made money?

In other news, give your hubby my sympathy.

January 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Congrats on the sell out, and condolences on the wii fritzing...

And it isn't because of us that the book sold. How about thew clever writing and great characters?

January 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM

YES, YES, YES! Wooohoo!!!

January 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Yay!! THat is SO COOL! And I (uh-hem) (i'm very sorry and a little sheepish to admit) I still have it on my to purchase list. :)

January 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Christine, sadly, no, I still have to sell another 1400 to start making royalties. Hey, you have 1400 friends, right? T--what's with the wii thing? I think we should strike. Or something. Lisa--why thank you! I'm afraid I will never be that skinny again . . .(bwaahhaaa!) Laura--thanks so much! Of course I would love for you to review it for me--clearly, this technique sells books--but only if you love love love it. (Okay, only two loves is still good) JustRandi--that Jeeves with his velvet voice is making waking up in the cold and dark totally bearable, I have to tell ya, Kristina & Randi--thanks ever so! Wendy---six simple letters, plus a dot plus three more simple letters (amazon.com--the link is at the top of my blog. Tell your friends! All 1400 of 'em!) Jessica, Lara, Luisa, Erin, Rebecca--thank you tons! You guys are so sweet! Sabrina, you had better hurry. Christine and Wendy and all their friends are going to clean out the supply . . . Melinda, Becky, Sandy, Barb--phew! I really should have been commenting in between all of you--thanks so much! I really appreciate all of it! Joy--that made my day! Thanks, and hey, lots more bookmarks, so . . . Jami--you crack me up!! No, no extra money yet, but YOU have 1400 friends, right? bwaahaaahaaa! Kazzy--I love you! But let's be real--there are lots of great books out there that don't get read. You just don't know about them which is why they don't get read. Would you know word one about Miss D if you didn't blog? If *I* didn't blog? I don't think so. Annette--can't wait until your next book comes out and we can give it a huge sendup like everyone did for Miss D! Yay!!

January 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Heather--not to worry! No pressure. (In fact, all is more than forgiven as long as you rope your 1400 friends into buying a copy as well. ;)

January 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Hooray this is VERY well deserved and exciting!

January 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

That is very exciting! The book thing, not the sick-spouse-and-cleaning-a-room-thing. A toast to many more printings.

January 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Heidi....cheers to your first 2100 sold and may you sell that times ten! I hope that the hubby feels better and Hal too! Do you think Hal is protesting?

January 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I thought I had left a comment earlier, but it dissappeared! Oh well. I wanted to say congrats and that YOU wrote such well written words that sold the copies!

Congrats agian!

January 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM

You ladies are so great! Kelline--sorry about your lost comment. Sheez . .. I'll have to look amongst the mess on my computer desk. That's usually where things go missing around here . . April--I think Hal has notions above his station, that's for sure! Megz--your new profile picture cracks me up! Such a good likeness of you, too! Jen, you make me blush!

January 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Oh Heidi, this is such great news!!!! Wow!!

Now go clean the kitchen. Ha, kidding of course. Do whatever you want. Keep celebrating.

January 28, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Hey! I owe one of those books!!!! I'm desperately trying to read it in between writing! AWESOME! Congrats!!!! =)

January 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM

WOW!!!! High Five, girlfriend. I'm so proud of you I could just scream!

aaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!

YES!

YES!

YES!

Miss D. is da bomb.

And so is MISS HEIDI!

January 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Where are you getting these great pictures from? So happy for the success of your book!

January 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Heather--"NO NO NO!! You can't make me! You can't make me clean my kitchen!" she cried between great gulping sobs. Yeah. The only thing worse you could ask me to do is to clean my bathroom. Oh, wait! And my garage. SK--give in to the force, Luke, give in to the force (just read the darn thing! It really loses something when it's read a page here and there. Trust me on this. Those who read it in one or two sittings loved it to death. Meanwhile, I just heard today from a friend who has spent the last month reading it. She thought it was "really fuuuuuunnnn." True, she just had a baby a month and a day ago but still . . . give into the force . . .) Crash! Yay! You! Me! Grabbing each other by the shoulders, screaming and jumping around in a circle! Woo hoo! Heather--the pictures are available to all at photofunia.com. Aren't they cool?

January 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM

YAY! YAY! YAY!
(for the book - not the sick husband Boo on that)

January 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Hey I linked you on my Stories blog... just so you know!

January 29, 2009 at 7:50 AM

What's truly amazing here is that you sold out in ONE MONTH! Amazing! Hopefully, with this kind of momentum, you'll be seeing big royalty checks before you know it!

(I have to admit I was a bit appalled to realize you haven't yet made a CENT from Miss D. Such a great book...pleasurable, entertaining read...all the time and research...I want you to get paid! NOW!) End of rant.

I totally bragged to my hubby this morning that you already sold out your first printing. WoooHooo!

January 29, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Abra--thanks! I have a cold today so I am trying to figure out what that means. I already follow your story blog--do I have to sign in or something? Jana--Yay! I know, I am pretty happy about it. I DID get an advance, of course. Didn't mean to mislead anyone into thinking I got nothin'. Just nothing more until I sell, er, um, more.

January 29, 2009 at 8:06 AM

WOW!!! I'd like to be reading when you sell your 1,000,000th.

monys......should be monies

January 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Congratulations! I enjoyed it very much and I am so glad for you!!!!

January 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM

And I own one of those!

Congrats!

January 29, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Just ordered it and very excited to recieve it! COngratulations with all your success!

January 30, 2009 at 1:10 AM

So awesome! Congrats! Does this mean that I have to wait for it to go into a second printing to buy one?

January 30, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Congratulations! That is great news! Here's to 2nd printings and 3rds, and 4ths!!! Sorry, you are sick. We are sick over here too. Bleck! Oh, don't worry about the award thing. Things were super busy at the time and it just didn't come together.

January 31, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Yay for you!!! Congratulations - will there be another printing?

January 31, 2009 at 7:13 PM

So happy for you! Some day I hope to be published and sell 2100 books. That's awesome! (And I just finished reading it, by the way, and I must say that I really loved all the kissing parts, except for one, which I won't elaborate on lest I spoil it for those who may not have read it yet. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about). Well done!

February 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Post a Comment