Miss D Is Hittin' The Road in April  

Posted by Heidi in


I am so excited! I will be in Utah Friday the 24th of APRIL through Monday morning the 27th and I can't wait! I have blog friends to meet, family to kiss and cuddle and in general have a swell time away from the responsibilities here at home (because blogging can get really old--yeah, right!)
For the sake of those generous souls who are kindly hosting me, I need a show of hands of those who think they might want to hang out with me and other blog friends either Saturday morning(ish) the 25th for an informal get together or later that same day in the afternoon for a book group gathering hosted by Charette of Divergent Pathways and Kazzy of Kazzy's Ponderings. Both are planned for the Provo/Orem area. If you aren't available on Saturday but still want to get together (I so want to get together with you!) please email me at write2me@heidiashworth.com and we can come up with something. Otherwise, you can just leave a comment as to whether or not you are coming (or want to come but the kids have the flu or won't be there but secretly plan to come and lob spit wads at me. Either way). Thanks so much! (And did I mention, I can't wait!!!!)
(Today is the last day of voting for the best organizational project here at Got.Org?)

This entry was posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 at Friday, March 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

49 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Hey Heidi, I feel like I know you from reading Kazzy's blog and commenting there with you! Anyway, I just told Kazzy that I'll be there on the 25th! I look forward to meeting you.

Juliana

March 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM

i am forever in arizona. maybe i can tell grumpy my mom is going to be sick that weekend and i need to go to utah then..yea..maybe that will work. i better go tell my mom if grumpy asks..she is to tell him she going to be sick that weekend.

March 27, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Anonymous  

That car is amazing. Is it for real, or photoshopped? Why is Utah so far away?

March 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

well of course i want to see you. so do my kids. :) and my mom. so you just say when/where and i'm there.

March 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Oh! Fun! Can you make a stop in Poland while your out and about? :) I hope you have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it!

March 27, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Juliana--I would LOVE to meet you! Yay! Jessica--so I guess your husband has a stone cold heart b/c you didn't mention that he wanted to meet me. I'm officially miffed (JK!!) Lisa--it won't be the same without you. I was secretly cherishing a hope that you would come even though you live in Poland and are already making a trip to the U.S. in June but I guess you just don't care. sniff. Gramee and Pam--good thing we can still hang out in blogdania, huh?

March 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I'm waving my hand and hopping outta my seat. :) I'll just plan on meeting you on the 25th. :)

March 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

How exciting!! Keep me posted on when/when the gatherings are:)

March 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I wish I didn't live three hours away from Provo! And my son's 6th birthday is the 25th. If, by some miracle, I happen to be "up north," I would LOVE to come and meet you!

March 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Ah - have a great time! Sounds fun.

March 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Have so much fun Heidi. Don't be scared, you'll love it. I think I'm a bloggy get together convert now.

March 27, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I'd hang out with you if I were there.

But, I won't be, so I won't.

March 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Heather--cool, yay! Can't wait! Erin--nuts! Could I have chosen a worse weekend? Bummer. Janelle--thanks! Reed--you mean you refuse to drive across several states for this?

March 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Safe travels & Have fun! I was just over that way in January. :-) Ye old stomping ground.

March 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Too bad for me, I am going to be there next weekend. Missed it by that much. I haven't had time to tell you that I read you book, FINALLY! I know it took me forever. I haven't been in the reading mood. But I have to say that I did enjoy it. I kept thinking to myself whilst reading, how strange to actually know the author of this book. And how strange that I think I know you just because we communicate via cyber space. Anywho, great job and thanks for the words of comfort on my blog. You really do get it and the fact that you made it through gives me hope.

March 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM

It will be great fun to get together! We will (J and I)be in touch about further details. Smiling!

March 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I need details. When and where. I am so going to be there. I have told my husband all about you and your blog. I think he thinks all of my blog friends are imaginary. This will show him! Will you actually be signing books, too or just doing a reading/get-together?

March 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I'm so sorry that I've hurt your feeling by not making it to your get together, but maybe THIS will help (it's helping me get over the sadness of knowing I have to miss it):

Guess who won the Amazon gift card at MMB? And guess what she's gonna buy with it? Wooo hooooo!

March 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Oh, I just realized it might have sounded like someone ELSE (you) won the card, but it was me. But still be happy about what I'm going to spend it on! :)

March 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Pat--thanks! Your last sentence means much more to me than the fact you read my book. Julie--like Kazzy says, details to follow but we need to know how many people we're talking about first. I'm so glad you'll be there!! Lisa--Holy cow! I'm so glad! Yay! I tell ya, I was getting ready to have a contest to give away a copy of Miss D and RIG it!

March 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Oh, and Julie, sure, of course I'll be signing books if anyone has one handy they want me to sign.

March 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM

hey, my sister rachel started a blog...it's http://rachellynn81.blogspot.com

i'm sure she'd enjoy a visitor. :) and as i know how devotedly you visit MINE (thanks, by the way) thought you might see hers for a minute.

March 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Heidi!!!! I will head up after work on Fri., stay with my sister (hopefully she won't be moving yet) and then hop over to see you and Kazzy!!! I haven't seen Kazzy in over 20 years!!! I get to kill two birds with one visit! Alright, I won't kill them, just seriously maim them! I am soooooo excited!! I am going to write it on my calendar immediately!!!

March 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM

i didn't know eric had a blog! i definitely want the link. and nathan would be thrilled to see you, too. ;-) i just always think in terms of me and the girls since nathan is gone all day.

March 27, 2009 at 6:32 PM

April, you know Kazzy!!??! How fun! Yay! I'm adding you to the list! Jessica--I'm totally teasing you. (I will visit you with the link for Eric's blog.)

March 27, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I'm so jealous - as much as I wish I were getting away for the weekend for a trip north I am stuck hosting a birthday party and listening to 12 giggly girls...

Calgon take me away :)

Hope the trip is fun!

March 27, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Have a wonderful trip! I know you're going to come back with lots of stories and photos.

Cindy

March 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Anonymous  

Um...I TOTALLY WANT TO SEE YOU!!!! Expect that email, post haste!

I'm thrilled that you're thrilled and I'm thrilled to see you!

March 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT??? That stinks. I have to perform down in St. George for my end of year Hip Hop concert.

That's right...I'm in a Hip Hop class. I did it to burn calories and I was coerced into performing...but it is on APRIL 25th.

You know what stinks even more?

I will be up there Friday the 24th to attend a wedding at that night!

Dang!

I'm so MAD!

That Portrait of Miss Delacourt? So incredible!!!

March 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I am so sad! I will just miss it. I am headed to Utah on the 29. I hope you have a great time though and take lots of pictures.

March 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Laura--can't wait! Shelle--I really didn't expect you to drive up from St. George. That's a long drive! (I may be a Calif gal but I have driven that road!) Joy--oh, bummer! T--it's NEXT month--I realize I didn't make that clear in my post, I'll fix that.

March 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Dang, looks like I will miss out on the opportunity to see you so I HOPE those who do , do posts about it. I hope you have a great time in COLD Utah.

March 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I will not be able to make the trek from Maryland but maybe someday we'll get to meet. I am actually from San Francisco and my mom still lives there. We usually go out around August for a visit. Maybe we could hook up?
I just picked up your book at the library today (I had to drive an hour away to find a library that carried it but I'm sure it's worth it) and I am so excited to read it. I only have a few chapters left of the book I am currently reading so I should be starting on your book tomorrow. WooHoo!

March 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I promise I'm not some crazy stalker person...really!

March 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Heidi T are you implying that there is something wrong with stalking, because I beg to differ with you on that topic.

March 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

No Wendy? Bummer! Heidi T--I'm not worried about your stalkerish tendencies. Absolutely, yes, if you are in SF, let me know--we are only about 40 minutes east near Walnut Creek. I'm worried now that I know you had to drive an hour to pick up Miss D. Yikes! I hope it's worth it! Pat, you are a fun gal!

March 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM

That is CRAZY! I might actually be there! My brother's getting married the next weekend. I can't remember the date I'm coming in. I'll check it out.

March 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM

MARIKO!! How totally cool!!!!

March 29, 2009 at 8:17 AM
Anonymous  

have fun!!!!!!

March 29, 2009 at 2:35 PM

That sounds very very fun. Although, right now, I'm in Idaho!

March 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I bet you are excited to come to Utah. I hope you have a great time and that the weather is good. I just found your blog and I will definitely be back.

March 30, 2009 at 6:30 AM

and then you are coming to MN right? :)
It would be great to meet you!
Have fun in Utah!!!!

March 30, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I should definitely be able to come! yay!

March 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

ah ha!!! I might be able to do APRIL 25th as long as it is in the morning? I'll have to see!

I have a wedding up there on April 24th, but then flying back April 25th sometime...so I would love to meet you if I can!

March 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I always miss out on these fun get togethers... boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Darn it! I don't know if I can swing going up north that day. Perhaps, though. I do need to do a photoshoot, and it is unscheduled currently. We'll see.

March 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I've been out of town - sorry I'm late replying - but count me in - whenever, wherever I'll be there!

Now I am happy I am in Utah - I've been having a hard time after being in California the past week, and then snow...ugh...but now I have something happy to look forward to - yay!

March 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Times? Darling, give me some times!

March 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Still totally jazzed about this ( just so you know)

April 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Post a Comment