A Home Decor Personality Test  

Posted by Heidi in



(warning: Not a real test---it's made up by me--in an attempt at humor--I'm poking fun at me and only me)

(choose all that apply)


A. You feel that your surroundings must be clean in order to be truly beautiful.
B. You rip pages of beautiful rooms out of magazines, pin them to the wall and call it a day.

A. You think scenting your laundry with a lavender infusion the best idea since sliced bread.
B. You feel you are doing a good job if you change/wash the sheets every couple of months.

A. You subscribe to the concept that restraint in your décor leads to a lovely, harmonious environment.
B. You keep hauling things into the house to the point your décor is virtually obstructed.

A. You feel that cords and wires are the antithesis of an aesthetically pleasing environment.
B. You would rather lay awake at night contemplating how to integrate the gaming remotes including the Guitar Hero guitar, Mario Kart steering wheels and Wii remotes with their dirt-black wrist straps, into your shabby chic pink and green decor rather than find them a permanent locale.

A. You feel that a lovely flower garden is “just this side of heaven”.
B. You are too lazy to clean up those piles of rose clippings mingled with half-empty six packs of annuals and weeks-old doggie doo.

A. You love that your dog matches your décor.
B. You generally can’t spot your dog amidst the general mayhem even though he/she smells like a sewer.
A. You regularly replace items that are old, worn and beyond-hope-dirty to give your home a fresh, clean and beautiful appearance.
B. You leave things “as is” and refer to them as “antiques” within the hearing of any company you manage to attract to your “quaint cottage”.
Results:
If you answered A to most of these, you are calm, organized, artistic and are sure to have a pleasing home environment.

If you answered B to most of these, you are a cozy, down-to-earth and easy-going person but people aren’t likely to feel comfortable in your home.

If you answered yes to all A’s and B’s you are likely to be a person experiencing deep emotional pain, could have schizophrenic tendencies and should see your doctor immediately.
(The fact that I answered yes to all A's and B's is a total, random, freakin' coincidence.)

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 9, 2009 at Thursday, April 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

36 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I think I need to have my doctor adjust my schizophrenia meds.

April 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Well, I refuse to answer because I am bound to incriminate myself!

April 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
April 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Anonymous  

I've always known I was a type B personality.

April 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Did you write this for a home decorating magazine? It totally belongs in one. :)

Let us know what the doctor says. :)

April 9, 2009 at 11:52 AM

No wonder my friends never visit me anymore....LOL. Love this post, just what I needed today...thanks Heidi.

April 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Anonymous  

Dude, I've known forever that I'm a schizo. Those voices/people in my head are good friends now. Except for when they fight. Then I just kill one of them.

April 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM

What if I answered half A's and half B's, does that still make me schizophrenic, or just a little confused, how about bipolar?! You're hilarious Heidi! :D

April 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Should we be worried? :)

April 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Yikes---I'm not really As or Bs. I'm real boring (or super non-creative) when it comes to decorating. I even had a friend tell me that straight out. :)

April 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

This is brilliant. I'm so thankful to finally have a credible diagnosis for my schizophrenia!!

April 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I'm type AB negative, one of the rarest, thus most valuable. I should probably be locked away for my own safety.

April 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM

My favorite was to rip pages out of decorating magazines and tape them to the wall! I think that is a great idea, actually. I will tell my husband, "See this is what it would look like if I weren't on a budget, didn't have kids, or a church calling or . . . " Unfortunately due to all the above we remain in clutter. Oh well. Someday!

April 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I'm a wannabe A.
But a real-life B.
Darn.

April 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Some As. Some neithers. Some boths. I guess I am all over the map. But I am a bit minimalist due to the more contemporary likes.

Your home looks so warm and comfy.

April 9, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Did you secretly interview me while I was hypnotized and didn't know what I was saying? That is the only time my schizo personality comes out...that I know of!

What about looking around my house and feeling so overwhelmed that I just let the mess stay put. At least it is my mess!

April 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I love the dog one-but the whole thing is very funny!

April 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I'm so busy trying to catch up reading blogs after TWO days off that I'm not going to comment to your wonderful comments--but thanks!

April 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I answered 'yes' to almost everything. Yikes.

April 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I throw around the word schizophrenia with a bit too much abandon. With all the mood disorders at my house, I tend to be a bit jaded.

April 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM

you sound pretty conflicted. and i understand because i am the a & b person too. its the ideal vs. reality. sometimes i hare reality.

April 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Oh NO! I'm totally a B! I'm taking that picture of the clean kitchen off my fridge door this instant!

April 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM

My favorite is: You love that your dog matches your décor.

My aunt worked in department store display and knew people who really would love the fact that their dog matches their decor. In fact, one guy was talking about how one of his two much loved cats died and actually said that one thing that he would miss most was seeing the two cats cuddled up together on a specific chair - because "they made such a beautiful color story." I LOVE that.

April 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Making an appointment now....

April 9, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I'm all B, all the time. Oh, except on company days. When company comes, I'm an A+. If my husband were a trickier man, he'd probably invite people over more often just so the house would get cleaned.

April 9, 2009 at 8:15 PM

MEDS please!!!

April 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Anonymous  

I'm both. I want the organized, artistic look, but I'm so darn lazy/addicted to my lap-top.

April 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM

if I'm schizophrenic can I get some good drugs? Cause that might be ok! lol

April 10, 2009 at 12:38 AM

my answers spell ABBA - I'm off to throw in some music and clean the house :)

April 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Oh darn, and I thought I was normal before I took your test. :)

April 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I'm definitely a mixture... did someone say there are drugs for this??

April 12, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Sorry, but I'm mostly B. And thats, okay.

April 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Should I be worried that I answered mostly B's?

Lolol

April 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM

hahaha! I wish I related to more of the A's than the B's :)

April 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I'm schizo, obviously. I hear that people change their sheets every couple of days. Around here we change them after someone wets the bed or after someone's been sick. Who can keep up with all that garbage??!

April 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Oh!! It's very interesting post... I love to decorate me home in a organized way!!

April 16, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Post a Comment