My Current Obsessive-Like Obessions  

Posted by Heidi in


My favorite Mr. Darcy of all time. . .this is why. . ..

My favorite Joseph of all time . . .(sorry Donny!) Read more about the show Any Dream Will Do (an American Idol type show with the goal of finding the next new Joseph . . .I'm voting for Lee!)

Can you tell I'm feeling sucked dry? 3,100 words of Miss D Two yesterday . . . I'm past the halfway point, now. . . .

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at Wednesday, April 08, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

28 wise, witty and wonderful comments

3,100 words!! I can't even imagine what that looks like. Congrats!

April 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM

oh no no, mr. firth is the best mr. darcy.

and congrts with your progress on miss d two. :)

April 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Anonymous  

Awesome job on Miss D Two! I feel so out of it. I've never even heard of Lost in Austen. And I see that Elliot Cowan also had a role in "The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey." I love that story, and had no idea they had made a movie of it. I'm off to Netflix....(thanks for the heads-up!)

April 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Wow! You set your computer keyboard on fire yesterday. I like the b&w pics of Elliot Cowan the best. Yum!

April 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I was totally going to ask you if you watched Lost in Austen?
I completely missed it the other night and I am really bummed!
Hope i can still catch it somewhere!

Good job on the book!

April 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM

That Mr. Darcy looks great.
And I'm not a huge Osmond fan (ground for excommunication here in Happy Valley...) but I just LOVE when he sings "Close Every Door To Me!" Makes me wanna cry.

April 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM

How could I have missed this Lost in Austen bit?!

And I saw a lot of the Any Dream Will Do coverage --he really is great! Have you seen him sing with Donny and the other Joseph? It's pretty cool.

April 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I would LOVE to be lost in Austen.

My favorite Mr. Darcy is the imaginary one in my mind, but Colin Firth is the best runner up ever.

Yeah for being halfway done!!! 3,100 words is a lot.

April 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Congrats on the word count! Write now, blog later!

April 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Anonymous  

Is Lost in Austen available on Netflix? 'Cause I feel a new addiction coming on for me as well...is it based on the book where you can create your own ending, or on the book "Austenland" where a real person can book a vacation and "live" in 19th century England, staying as a guest in a manor where Darcy and Bingley just happen to be visiting as well? Just wondering...

April 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I'd never heard of this movie/TV series before....

I was going to ask if it was any good but obviously u think so!

Thanks for expanding my horizons!

April 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Wow! I am so impressed with your prolific-ness. Does that include edits and everything?

Sheesh, girl. You're inspiring.

April 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

It's interesting how you monitor your progress by words. It would never occur to me to do that. It reminds me of Dickens. :)

April 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Kristina--it takes way less time to read 3,100 words than it does to write them. It's about an average chapter. Heather--I'm willing to bet you didn't even click on the link! Pam--yep, I'm going to have to find some other things he was in, too. Becky--double yum! (I like the black and white ones too!) Sabrina--it's on netflix! Barb--what I don't like about Donny's Joseph is that it's Donny all the way. He has such a distinctive voice you can't ever feel like it's Joseph--just Donny doing Joseph. However, he does totally kill the end of the song, better than anyone, even Lee Mead (who's my fave). Cheryl--you're Janelle's Cheryl, huh? Thanks for stopping by! I watched the three Joseph's sing after you suggested it and it WAS great! Sue--I'll bet you didn't click on the link, either! Kim--good point. SueQ-is THAT what Austenland is about? I so need to read that! Smart Helm--it's very tongue in cheek, not really as good as Pride and Prejudice--but very fun. Crash--yes, it's pretty much done once I get it down but it will need edits for punctuation, those kinds of things. It takes me a while to get into the groove, but once I'm there, things usually flow--but I could never do 8 hours a day of that kind of writing more than one day a week. Heatherlyn--it's pretty common amongst people who are writing for a specific publisher and line--they have guidelines as to how many words per book they want and so word count is the goal (but thanks for the Dickensian compliment!)

April 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Never met that particular Mr. Darcy before. I, myself, am pretty partial to Collin.

But that video. . .goosebumps. . .

April 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Anonymous  

Sorry. In my mind Collin FIrth IS mr. Darcy, and there can be no other.

And I DID click on the link.

April 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I did, I clicked on the link, and while your Mr. Darcy is very pleasing to the eye, I remain loyal to my Mr. Darcy.

I do agree about Donnie though, does that help my case at all?

April 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM

You guys are killing me!!

April 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Anonymous  

I really will pick up one of yoru books, as soon as I graduate from college ::::::2013:::::augh

April 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM

3100 words in a day blows my mind. You must be on a roll! I'm so excited for Miss D 2. And I love many, many Mr. Darcys...and you should definitely read Austenland...you can borrow mine when you're here -- it's signed by Shannon. And I think Any Dream Will Do sounds like such a fun idea for a reality show! (Except, and you must agree with me, my hubby and I think that Sir Andrew and Bill Gates are twins separated at birth!). I don't think we have BBC on our basic cable. Darn!

April 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Actually 3100 words might be doable. I think I did about 1/10 of it right there in my last comment! :)

April 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Stacey--I'll wait. But I'm still getting your book--it's on my list of things to do. I just keep forgetting. I'm forgetting most everything these days so don't feel singled out. Charrette--I actually did 4,000 one day. It was a beautiful thing. sigh . .. And, yes, Sir Andrew and Bill--totally yes!

April 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Wow, people get very possessive of their own Darcys, huh? So cute!

Donny was crucial to my preteen years so I am very partial to HIM. I actually kissed his lips right off of a poster. I would like to say that the crease in the poster helped, but after months of my good- bye smooches when I would leave my room the lips just plain wore off.

PLUS, I was visiting Chicago when he was Joseph and sat behind him and his long flowing hair in Sac. Mtg.

April 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Who'd a thought Mr. Darcy would be so controversial.and I love the song Any Dream Will Do.

April 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM
Anonymous  

Never seen Lost in Austen.
I'm throwing over Darcy for Thornton. *purr* (I know! Sacriledge! Austen v.s. Gaskell, the ultimate English showdown!)

3100 words, eh? Way to go. I only got 1600 yesterday. To be fair, I ended at 3 AM after a critque group that got out al 11. I figure my brain was tired. =]

April 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I'm lost....

However, I am very excited about getting my book from Amazon!

WHen I have not ingested quite so much alcohol, I will read your post again and probably feel very stupid!
Have a terrific Thursday~
♥,Lilly

April 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM

WTG on being past the half way point!!!

April 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I will have to check out this Lost in Austen bit. Never heard of it, but am glad that I have now.

Oh, Darcy...Yes, he is a very good Darcy and a nice wet white shirt always is a good idea. I actually like the newer Darcy from the Kiera Knightley version, but that is just me. He seemed a little more raw as opposed to Mr. Firth. But I do love me some Colin.

I love the Joseph music and your clip reminded me that I need to get a soundtrack for Sundays or something. I have only seen Donny in the video and he is good, but I can't get past it being Donny doing Joseph. That guy from the show was amazing. Chills.

Good luck getting back to writing. I think 3000 pages deserves an awful lot of chocolate.

April 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Post a Comment