There's A Method To My Monday Madness  

Posted by Heidi in

Spring break was a happening week and not just because the Spouse developed a migraine whilst at a minor league baseball game an hour away and had to rent a motel room for the night b/c he couldn't drive, walk or speak, the Middle Child tripped and landed flat on her face, and the Big Guy slipped in the bathroom, crashing into his only-for-him, super expensive, non-floodable toilet and knocking it off its axis.

It would seem that whilst I was off having the Time of My Life dealing with all these little diversions (it gave me a break from mindlessly watching the kids play Wii and ingesting enormous bars of chocolate and hazelnuts a la Trader Joe’s and NOT reading—I swear, sometimes I wish I would come down with some crippling illness that will force me to bed for an entire year which I will spend reading actual books, the ones currently stacked around the house and pressed into service as nightstands and step stools, until my eyes shrivel like walnuts and fall from their sockets) Shelle at Blok Thoughts was busy recording THIS vlog about Miss D.

Thanks Shelle! You make me feel like a SUPAH-STAH!! (And now I’m totally obsessed with you. Just saying . . . )

In other news, tomorrow is Miss D Two novel-writing day, one in which I hope to get past the 30,000 word mark (which pales in comparison to Melanie J’s recent coup of over 75,000 words—yay Melanie!) so don’t seek me here, don’t seek me there, don’t seek me anywhere (just had to get in some Anthony Andrews a la the Scarlet Pimpernel as he has been much on my mind since I learned that Luisa got to meet him in the flesh. My Sir Anthony is named for Anthony Andrews and I’m willing to bet a pony he doesn’t even know I’m alive. Is life totally unfair or what?)

I’m hoping to bring the video of Mr. Swivel Hips (tossed in with a little Neicy Nash) by Wednesday. Thursday starts my Very Special One Year Bloggiversary Giveaway. Oh yeah! You don’t want to miss that! It’ll knock your socks off and just in time for spring!

Thursday afternoon I get to jet off into the horizon for my four-day-long par-tay in Utah (see sidebar for meet and greet info) with family and blog friends galore! Could a girl be any luckier? (Well, not unless she got to meet Anthony Andrews . .
.)

This entry was posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 at Monday, April 20, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

35 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I am very excited to see you on Saturday! And for your giveaway!

April 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I'm hoping to make it on Saturday...let's cross our fingers!!!

April 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Sounds like quite the Spring Break! Although, I don't feel very comfortable wishing a major illness on you just so you can read.

I wish I could come this week...why couldn't you do it the next when I am up there? It IS all about me, after all.

April 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I was totally planning on asking you when this UTAH blog party was...and then you answered my question:)
Hope I can make it---I'll try and bring Anthony with me!

April 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I hope your husband and the Big Guy are feeling better. Sounds like a good way to pass Spring Break if you ask me (anytime chocolate is involved, ya know). Can't wait until Thursday!

April 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Kristina--can't wait for the Mexican food--yum! Shelle--I'm totally crossing my fingers, even if they turn blue and fall off! Lara--it IS--it IS all about you! I can't tell you how devastated I am by this quirk of fate! Barb--I can totally tell you're my kind of gal. (Don't bother to show up without him, ya hear?) Becky--now that I've said how great it is, I'm paranoid everyone will hate it. Such is life.

April 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Anonymous  

HOORAY! No picture wreathed in flames as yet!

I'm 100% with you on the Anthony Andrews. I think I'd BE a pony if I got to meet him!

April 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM

best of luck with your Tuesday writing! I am still working on the M.O.T.H. trying to get away this weekend - April, Shelle, carpool anyone?

April 20, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Whooo hooo - I have had several offers for a ride SO I AM COMING. It will be so fun to meet you --I should bring my book and have you sign it eh.

April 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Yet another reason I lived closer to the Provo/Orem area. Have a wonderful trip!

April 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Your big guy and husband provide your life with endless excitement!

I won't wish an illness on you, but I do hope you somehow find or make the time to get some reading in. Reading is the best vacation!

April 20, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Good luck with the the writing!!! :)

and

Have a great trip!!!!

April 20, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Laura--we could be ponies together. T--I think Shelle is flying . . . talk about a fan! (No, she's in town for a wedding) (I think) (could be someone else) Wendy-but of course! Bring it! Erin--I'll so miss you! Heatherlyn--no doubt! I'm never bored. I do adore reading, I've read literally thousands of books, some of them more than twice, but I am too busy reading blogs to read books. IT's a sad state of affairs.

April 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Sabrina--sank you! And I still have to mail your book before I go! Ack!

April 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Can't believe how quickly that trip to Utah is coming up - wow!

April 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Yeah Heidi! Okay, so your guest bloggers were fab. But I have to say I missed you! Really, I did! Can't wait to meet you on Saturday!

Ummm, I thought my Spring Break was bad with all of my kids home and going nutso, but I have to say, yours sounds worse. I need a moment of silence while I cry for you.

(weeping)

Okay, I'm better.

April 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM

YAY! Can't wait to meet you!! WHOoPeEeE! (I'm excited, can you tell?!)

April 20, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Heidi-I spent nearly all afternoon Saturday AND my post church nap time finishing Miss D.

The lisp killed me! You are so very clever.

P.S. I plan to try to make "Nodcock" my new signature word. So funny!

April 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Sounds like as busy as this past week was, this coming week will be even busier. I hope you have a great time in Utah. I am sorry I will miss you by a week. And about getting an illness so you have to stay in bed. I think about that a lot! I don't want to be in bed for a year, but maybe a week. Guilt free reading! Hooray for that!

April 20, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Kim--for you, too, eh? Julie & Melinda, can't wait to meet you, too (and Kim)! Sue--love it! Thank you! What an honor, to read Miss D instead of your nap--wow! Joy--yep, but it would have to be an illness that didn't make it hard to read. . . .hmmm. . .. I should work on that, huh?

April 20, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I am hoping to make it out to the Pleasant Grove thing too, but it is iffy. I would to meet some other bloggers and get some girl time!

Good luck on your writing, and happy anniversary, Dunhaven!

April 20, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Anonymous  

Hey, good luck with your words. Not being a writer, 30,000 words seems ridiculously intimidating!

Have fun in Utah. I never considered blogging when we were deciding whether to move to Utah Valley or Boise. Now I feel left out!

April 20, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Kazzy--please don't feel obligated or anything! But, I'm sure anyone who is there will be thrilled to meet you if you come. Mina--we'll miss you! If I could find my movie camera, I could promise video.

April 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM

So excited for you to have some fun. Bloggers are just the best. I know you all will have some much fun and I look forward to the pictures.

Good luck with that the loose ends as well.

I is too bad I will miss you by a few days, as I am going back to Utah next Wednesday for Women's Conference. probably, maybe, most likely

April 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Sounds like fun! I'm just getting ready to put my monkeys to bed and curl up with Miss D right now. She came on Friday and I haven't had a spare moment to start!

April 20, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Man....I wish I lived in Utah! I'm sure you are going to NEED to do a book signing in Alabama soon!

Your week sounds like one of mine. I hope you can get some rest soon. Maybe just a "slightly" sprained ankle that looks much worse than it feels could buy you a week on the couch to read....just a thought!

Have a wonderful week~
♥,Lilly

April 20, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Pat--I am overwhelmed by the number of near misses! Bummer! I will miss you! Fiona--music to my ears! How totally fun! (for me, at least, and I hope for you, too!) Lilly-I think a sprained ankle sounds good! AND a sprained wrist so I can't blog. That'll do nicely.

April 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Thanks for the shout out and good luck on your writing today. I didn't write yesterday for the first time in a long time, which meant that I didn't earn a piece of my special See's writing chocolate. But now I really want chocolate so I guess I better write today. Sigh.

April 21, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Have fun in Utah. I am more than a little jealous.

April 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Oh no...some not very good at all stuff happened. Sorry!

And I too have stacks of books I'm ignoring. Everywhere! I miss them, but for some odd reason I just leave them sitting there. blech.

Happy writing day! Good luck!

April 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

You always have a lot going on! Good luck on your writing and events!

April 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Well, it doesn't sound like the ideal vacation, but was it nice to have lots of time with the kids at home? I loved the guest posts, by the way, but I will admit I missed your sense of humor!

April 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Oooh, good luck. (Did I already say that?) And have so much fun and take so many pics of you with EVERYONE!

April 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Busy Lady! How do you do it all?

April 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

The turn of events you describe is like right out of a movie (a comedy, of course!) I honestly don't know how you live like that from day to day...maybe it's being able to laugh about it. You are one strong lady.

I LOVE:
Melanie J
Sir Anthony AND his namesake!
The Scarlet Pimpernel (book, play and movie...all three)
and that video of Mr. Swivel Hips!

(If it makes you feel any better, my best friend in third grade wouldn't talk to me for a week because she said I RUINED our Hawaiian hula-dance in the school program by wiggling my hips too much!)

Looking forward to Saturday...

April 22, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Post a Comment