The Little Guy Doing His Elvis Impersonation  

Posted by Heidi in


I blush to admit I was so tempted to title this post "hips don't lie" even though it is the title to a song so inappropriate I really shouldn't know anything about it at my advanced age of 44.
The truth is, the Little Guy has some set of swingin' hips (and a rockin' Elvis pout) but sadly, none of the footage we filmed of him swinging and pouting in his play, The Three Piggy Opera, turned out. The few clips I have seen taken by other moms are not yet in my possession so I can't share at this point. Truth be told, I suspect I, like most moms, was wayyyyyy more thrilled by my child's performance than anyone else (either that or his je ne sais quoi simply does not translate to film which means he is not going to become a filthy rich film star who takes care of his aged parents in the style to which they haven't had the chance to become accustomed).
If something worthy turns up, I will post it.
Meanwhile, today's post is up at Blogger's Annex, a great site featuring really great blog posts (or, as in the case today, even mediocre ones). Submitting a post to the Annex is really easy. You can do it! (And, might I add, please do!)
(You still have until 6 PM California time to enter the contest for the large print edition of Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. Winner to be announced tonight! )

This entry was posted on Monday, April 6, 2009 at Monday, April 06, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

30 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I'm looking forward to seeing clips of it:)

And truth be told---I don't think anyone should know anything about 'Hips Don't Lie.' I hate that song.

April 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I'm sure it will be hilarious.

April 6, 2009 at 11:09 AM

He's pretty adorable, even with a piggy nose.

April 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM

He's very cute, Heidi! I hope you get a video soon!

April 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM

He is such a handsome boy! Still would love to see a clip, get on that already okay?! haha

April 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Anonymous  

That's one cute little piggy!

April 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I do not think I am familiar with this song... and judging by the commentary maybe that is a good thing?

The piggie nose is truly cute though!

April 6, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Anonymous  

That's darling! I'm just sorry to hear that the video is, as yet, unavailable. (and I LOVE that you said je ne sais quoi ...steal her away!

April 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Oooh, I really want to see him swing those hips.

I'll have to try that Bloggers Annex gig.

April 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Even the picture is hilarious! The noses! :)

April 6, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I have never been to bloggers annex, I'll have to check it out. And I am a bit disapointed not to get to see the elvis hips. I hope something turns up--for your sake at least! That is something that has to be documented for posterity's sake!

April 6, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I snorted... That is cute.

April 6, 2009 at 1:30 PM

What a cutie pututie!

April 6, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I went over and read your post. You'll have to write about a planned family activity that went smoothly for you; I think I've so far only read about the ones that haven't (although they provide so much interesting material to write about). :)

April 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM

What a cute piggy nose! I can't wait to see more.

April 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Awwww! He is so cute! Now I have to see the hip-swing!

April 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM
Anonymous  

oh he is sooo cute and I wish you had a video... love it imagery LOL

April 6, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Very cute little piggy, I must say. And I just went over and read your other post. My word! You had me in a panic right up until the end! I don't want to say more so I don't ruin your story for anyone who might read this and hasn't read the post. But it was very good.

April 6, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Barb--I agree about the song which is why it so surprised me that it sprang to mind. Melinda--I'm going to have to start emailing other moms & ask them if they have anything good and can send it to me. For some reason, the idea repels me. Not sure why. Crash and Rachel--YES check out the annex! Heatherlyn, one would think but I'm afraid I've got nothing. Well, there was the time . . . oh! that's right, I remember now . . .still got nothing (actually, there have been a few posts about nice days--if you go back far enough, you'll find them, one that comes to mind was posted in late August on the first day of school all about our last day of summer vacay). Joy--thank you so much! And to the rest of you who assuaged my mommy sensibilites with your kind words about my piggy kid--merci beaucoup!!

April 6, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I have a couple of boys who love to be up in front performing and a couple who would rather die. You Little Guy looks adorable!

April 6, 2009 at 4:38 PM

OH I really want to see your boy shake it...especially seeing that nose he had to wear!!! :)

April 6, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Awwww! I HATE that it didn't turn out for you!!! Cara had a solo at a choir performance a few weeks ago and I couldn't go - so I sent Rob with my video camera. I swear to you he is having a seizure for half of it and must be standing next to the speaker because I can't hear baby girl for nothing...when I can make out that it's her through all the shakin!

I never did submit that cookie post to the Annex. I got to lookin' at the site and then had to work and never remembered to go back.

April 6, 2009 at 4:58 PM

awww! what a cutie!

April 6, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Positively perfect petite piggies!

April 6, 2009 at 7:24 PM

As soon as you find a good video please post. I bet it's adorable. The still photo is so cute.

April 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Love the little snouts! Can't wait for the video.

April 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Aw, shucks! You guys are so nice!

April 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I want to see hips!!

He is so darn cute - do you just want to pinch his cheeks and piggy nose all the time? I would have to!

April 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Val--honestly, the kid can't get past me without a kiss or a hug. He's been pretty tolerant so far but he is showing signs of wear and tear . . .

April 6, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I too find my children much more adorable than anyone else do.

It's because I have the ability to overlook the fact that their hair isn't done, that they chose their own (mismatched) clothes, and that they are all completely tone deaf.

April 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Post a Comment