Famous Last Words  

Posted by Heidi in

"So flu me".

You get what you ask for. Apparently. Fever, chills, terrible sore throat . . . off to the doctor later to see if it's strep or something else.

Feeling totally bad that I am missing out on everyone's posts. AGAIN! Getting sick after recovering from a trip out of town, after being out of town, after getting ready to go out of town, after taking a week long blocation--well, I just wasn't thinking clearly, was I? (And, hey, Erin Ames, so sorry about the misspelling in my title yesterday but I'm sick, you know?)

And when I said I wanted a week where I could just lie on the couch and read books? Be careful what you wish for my friends . . .the weird thing is, it was pretty close to a year ago that I was in the emergency room with complications from flu. That was the last time I actually cracked open a book and read it from beginning to end for the sheer pleasure of it.

LG and BG are doing better--so far they just have regular old colds--thanks so much for all of your sweet concern and for laughing at my post yesterday. (I laughed too, in a drunken/feverish kind of way when I reread it last night which was good b/c even though every word was true, it was supposed to be funny.)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at Tuesday, May 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

31 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I get to be first? I've never been first!

One thing the past weekend has taught me: milk it for all it is worth. Yes, I was sick and miserable but my husband was forced to wash dishes and change poopy diapers. It was almost worth it. . . almost.

May 5, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Oh honey, I am so so sorry you're that sick! I hope it passes as quickly as possible!

May 5, 2009 at 11:22 AM

glad there are signs of recovery... and try not to feel too badly about missing out on posts - we'll try to be unfunny during your absence :)

May 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Erin Ames  

Hey Heidi....sorry bout correcting your spelling....I honestly wasn't trying to criticize....you're a great writer...I'm not a great writer...but I wanted to clarify in case someone was confused. I know you have much more important things on your mind/plate right now. If you ever read my blog it's filled with grammar problems..so I'm glad I don't have your huge following. Sorry again. I really hope you feel better...being sick is miserable...being sick while having others to take care of....impossible...so please feel better soon.

May 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM

How am I 4th when you only posted about 9 minutes ago. Man! You have quite the following, waiting on pins and needles to read your wittiness!

So sorry that you are still sick! YUCK! Read something good, relaxing and very romantic. This is your time!

May 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Sorry you're sick. It's hard being sick when there are others depending on us..I personally think moms had it worse. Even when we get sick, we are still worrying about how our kids are doing or if they are eating right or what have ya, makes relaxing even harder.

I just hope you're able to at least rest for a while. I'm glad to hear your LG and BG are doing better. How is MC doing?

May 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Take care of yourself and get well soon. Read a book for me too!

May 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Anonymous  

Sure hope you don't have anything "piggy."

Thanks for writing and keeping us posted/entertained even when you're feeling lousy. Very relieved to hear your guys are not too sick.

May 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Oh dear. I'll be thinking of you and I hope that you recover quickly!

May 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Anonymous  

Hope you feel better soon.

May 5, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Oh my goodness, I didn't even notice that misprint in your title. What kind of an English teacher am I? ;)

YOU poor THANG. I'm criss crossing my finger for you that we won't have to flu you!

May 5, 2009 at 12:14 PM

It is the worst to have sick kids when you are sick. I hope you get to read something wonderful. Get better soon.

May 5, 2009 at 12:19 PM

So, I'm so sorry if you actually do have the Swine Flu, and I won't mock you anymore. Feel better!

May 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I'm sorry you're sick, I'm right there with you! I hope you can get over it quickly, and PLEASE don't feel bad about missing out, we understand! :)

May 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Oh dang. Sorry! GET WELL!

May 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Heidi, I hope you feel better sooooon. Sooner than soon (if that's a word).

May 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Oh dear. I hope you have some really great books that will help keep your mind off of it! We miss you too! (or at least I'm sure people who've been posting probably do) but we understand. Lay down! Being on the computer definitely doesn't help the flu! Rest and read, rest and read. And drink lots of fluids. :)

May 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM

So sorry you're not well. We had a brush with Swine Flu in the ER ourselves last weekend. (Just haven't had time to publish the post). In the meantime, enjoy your downtime! :)

May 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Grab your favorite season of Angel and park yourself on the couch. And don't move for 24 hours!! Daughter-of-a-Doctor's orders:)

May 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Anonymous  

feel better!!!!

May 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

OH NO!!!

I hope it's not something too serious!! I've been sick for the last week! It's been a really really bad cold and I had to take off work one day so I could lie on my bed and be very dramatic and pretend like I was going to die... (only 'okay' part about being sick :) )

Get better though! Now! Ha ha

May 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I'm sorry. I don't believe you filed the appropriate paperwork for this. You are absolutely NOT allowed to get deathly ill. What? I have no jurisdiction over your health? You aren't required to file paperwork with me in order to feel like crud? Oh.

Well, get well soon.

May 5, 2009 at 4:30 PM

It seems like every one who is related to me is sick too. Hope you feel better!

May 5, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Oh dear! I am so sorry you got flued. Hopefully you will get some good book reading time in while on the couch.

May 5, 2009 at 6:46 PM

OH NO --sorry you aren't feeling well. don't worry about us out there in blogger land, missing your comments (just teasing) YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and your family. ok ---do you hear me!!

May 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I hope that you feel better soon. Too bad Moms aren't really allowed to be sick.

May 5, 2009 at 9:55 PM

oh Heidi! I hope by the time you read this you are ALREADY feeling better!
Maybe it is just a cold too, but they do make you feel miserable.
Take care...don't worry about missing out on anything, it will all still be there when you get back!
♥,Lilly

May 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Hope you feel better soon, friend. Be patient. I seriously think I have stressed myself into being more sick when I haven't allowed my body time to heal.

May 6, 2009 at 5:58 AM

Ugh. I just got over being sick myself. It is no fun, no fun at all.

Glad that you are making your way to the doctor. Feel better and rest.

-Francesca

May 6, 2009 at 6:50 AM

I hope you are feeling better soon. And if not, I hope you enjoy reading a good book or two.

May 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Oh Heidi! You poor thing! Take care of yourself and get better soon. You know, there's this fantastic book you should read that is one of my favorites that you would totally love--wait, you wrote it! ;)

Get lots of rest1

May 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Post a Comment