Miss Delacourt Has Her Day  

Posted by Heidi in


Phew! I finally got that chicka married off! That's Heidi-speak for I "finished writing Miss D Two!" Yay! Can you believe I wrote the last third of the book (about 20,000 words) since I quit blogging? (It might look like I'm blogging now but don't believe it.) I love and miss you guys but I am so happy to get that done! I finished it on Friday so I beat my June 21st completion date by two days. Woo hoo! To celebrate, I am selling off my surplus of Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind for $18.00 which includes shipping (as long as supplies last). (I've always wanted to say that-it sounds so official.) If you are wishful to buy (I like that one too) email me at write2me@heidiashworth.com and we'll work out the details.
Meanwhile, the Middle Child has been smiling (though, sadly, not for the camera), I'm loving having The Spouse at home for the summer and my flowers are loving life. I have a little bit of tweaking to do before I submit Miss Delacourt Has Her Day to my editor and there are still those trellises to paint . . . any volunteers? (Seriously, though, thanks sooooooooooo much for all the prayers, emails and encouragement!)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at Wednesday, June 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

36 wise, witty and wonderful comments

I'm first!

June 24, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Congratulations on finishing your manuscript. Mine should have been done 10,000 words ago and it just keeps going...and going. Anyway, I know that must feel good. Yay for you!

June 24, 2009 at 10:26 AM

You go girl! Wahoo! Congratulations! That is amazing. Yay for beating deadlines. Hope we will be seeing you a little more often now.

June 24, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Congrats on finishing!!! Can't wait to read it:)

June 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM

YAY, yay, and Yay some more!!! Let us know when to pre-order!

June 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM

That's amazing! I can't wait to read it. Congrats. Good to hear that Middle Child is smiling. :)

June 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Yay for you!! That is so huge. Take some time to relax and enjoy your accomplishment. You deserve it.

June 24, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Congradulations!!!!

June 24, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Yay you!! Congrats on finishing!

Yay me - we got the Jonas Bro's posters - thanks so much, we're loving them!!!

What a treat - I love getting mail!!

Thanks!!

June 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Yeah! It party time for you! Good news all around it sounds like. Can't wait to read #2!

June 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM
Anonymous  

Hooray, hooray, it's a beautiful day! Chocolate for everyone!

I'd brag it up here but I'm not sure if it's a secret. More from that later.

Either way, CONGRATULATIONS, HEIDS!!! I'm so very happy for you and thrilled about MC smiling!!

June 24, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Warm and fuzzy congrats on getting the manuscript done. I am anxious to read it.

The painting and the other things you also want to do will feel like so much fun now that you have met your deadline! Wish I could come help you.

June 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I almost forgot! The paper dolls came. YAY!! Thank you sooooo much. I love them. I can't decide if I should hide them away with the rest of my secret treasures or share them with my daughter who would enjoy them, but not TRULY appreciate the joy of a Jo paper doll.

June 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Booyah.

June 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I'm SO excited for you! What wonderful news, and wonderful progress all around.

June 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Yea for you! I can't wait. I'm currently loving Lucinda Barrington and her fashionable lisp. How in the world did you come up with that?

P.S. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You are the best!

June 24, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Anonymous  

Wow!!!! What an amazing accomplishment! I'm so sorry I didn't get the chance to come and hang out with you when we were down south, but now that I know where you are, we will have to catch up on our next trip home! And just think, if I had come to visit, we would have stayed up way too late gabbing and swapping stories, and you would have missed your deadline. So it's probably a good thing!

And I'm glad you liked the blankie!

June 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Oh lady. Good news!

And the Middle Child smiling? even better! :)

June 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Give yourself a big old back pat! Congrats!

June 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM

HOORAY FOR YOU!!!

June 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Yay for completion! Yay for smiles and flowers and husbands! Yay for Heidi!

June 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! I am so excited for my next must read!

June 24, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Heidi that is so stinkin exciting. Congrats on beating your deadline and getting so much accomplished.
And happy to hear that your family is doing well.

June 24, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I think LT and I have something in common!

Congrats.

~snicker, snort~

June 25, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Yay! The book is finished! Woo hoo!

*doin' a happy dance*

June 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM

So happy for you!

June 25, 2009 at 11:34 AM

It must be sooo nice to have your hubby home AND the flowers blooming AND your daughter smiling AND your book done! You'll have a great summer!

June 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Congratulation on your book!!! We are looking forward to reading it. And it sounds like you have a lot of sunshine in your house right now. I am so happy for you.

June 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Congrats on getting it done! Yay You!!!

June 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Congratulations; what an accomplishment!! :)

June 25, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Hurray! That's terrific news! I'm so proud of you.

June 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Ever since you made the announcement on Facebook, I've been thinking of you with happy thoughts. That is a major accomplishment! I'm so excited for you!

Hugs,
Cindy

June 26, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I have said it a million times, but it is so awesome and such a talent that you can WRITE a book --and have it published. I hope you take great pride in that --let alone being a mom and all you other responsibilities. Sorry I haven't been blogging of late, things have been hectic, but I will try and do better.

June 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Yeah!! I can't wait to read Miss D Two.
I am glad that things are going better as well.
xoxox

June 29, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Congrats on being finished. That must be the greatest feeling.

June 29, 2009 at 4:08 PM

High Five girl. I'm so proud of you! So so proud.

And happy too!

YOU ROCK!

Can't believe you did it. Wow. IMPRESSED!

Can't wait to read it.

June 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Post a Comment