Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again  

Posted by Heidi in


About a month has passed since I "quit" blogging . . .



Before
In that time, the baby tears have crept up the wing of the angel in the Celtic Corner of my garden . . .

After

In that time I have been doing some of this . . .



and a whole lot of this . . .




I have also been making good use of my time. For example, I finished my book. (See below: Most. Beautiful. Sight. Ever.) But, boy, am I fried!









Fried roses can still be pretty . . .
























But fresh garden roses picked in the early morning are the best . . .


Mostly I have been worshipping the beauties of summer . . .



. . .the joys of the season . . .




and all that the warm weather has to offer.



The wondrous smells . . .



The vibrant colors . . .

(Just ignore that Costo-size box of baby wipes on the floor--I don't even have a baby!)
And the rich abundance . . .



Thank you so much for stopping by. I wish you were here so we could enjoy it all together.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at Wednesday, July 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

44 wise, witty and wonderful comments

such beautiful things to look at! you're a master gardener for sure. No need to have babies to have costco wipes... they're good everywhere and for every thing!

glad to see you pop in! xoxo

July 1, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I wish I were there too!

July 1, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Wow you have one amazing garden and green thumb! I miss your posts and hope you decide to return to blogging - but take a break for as long you need! And of course - congratulations on finishing your book! What a fabulous accomplishment!

July 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM
Anonymous  

I wish I were with you too. (Especially as I'm deep cleaning today. *Sigh*) Your roses are gorgeous and the sight of MD2 is pretty darn beautiful in and of itself!!!

July 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Your title has got to be one of the most gorgeous songs from any musical ever!

July 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I wish I were there, too! I hope to see more of you soon. Thanks for the lovely photos.

July 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Oh how I wish I were there. Your home looks so soothing.

I'm glad you are getting to enjoy it.

July 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

It could be arranged....

July 1, 2009 at 4:23 PM

As always your beauty shines forth in your home!

July 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Lots of beauties in those pictures. I think the abundance of nature and your active mind (your finished manuscript) are wonders to behold. You rock!!

July 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Anonymous  

That's almost overwhelming just in photo. If I were actually there, I'd probably feel completely inadequate (though the economy size box of wipes might help me feel at home...).

July 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I wish I were there too! You are a genius at finding and creating beauty in small spaces. I love all these glimpses at your world.

July 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I have also taken a bit of a blogging break, and it actually has been nice. What a nice garden! If you ever want my recipe for homemade baby wipes, let me know....:)

July 1, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Sometimes it seems, if I just dreamed, somehow you would be here.


I've missed you!

July 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Thanks for the virtual tour. Loved it. Miss you. Love the song also.

July 1, 2009 at 6:53 PM

your yard is just so beautiful! i love it! and CONGRATS on finishing book number 2!! can't WAIT to read it! lots of love to you!

July 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM

ooooh, I love the photos! So MISS HEIDIesque.

Miss You.

July 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM

You finished. You rock!

You've been missed, but totally understood.

We'll be around, whenever you'd like to write here. No worries, mkay? :)

July 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Congrats again on finishing MD2!

Those pictures are to die for. Love the roses.

July 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Beautiful pictures and very insightful thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

July 1, 2009 at 7:18 PM
Anonymous  

I'm totally kicking myself, because I COULD have been there, and smelling all your gorgeous roses and basking in your Victorian garden, and sneaking a peek or two (or three hundred and sixty two!) at "Miss D has her Day."

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

!!!

July 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Okay - that wipes thing just cracked me up! And your flowers are beautiful. If only I had a green thumb...

July 1, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Major congrats on getting your manuscript turned in.

And thanks for the beauty. :)

July 1, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I wish I was there too to enjoy that beautiful sight with you. Congrats and finishing book 2.

BTW...I received my prize I won from your give-away...my little girl marched around the house telling everyone it's her bday present...thank you!!

July 1, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Such beautiful pics. I do wish I was there. Congrats on finishing your book, I know it means so much to you.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

July 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Lovely Pictures!!! I love your Hollyhocks!!

P.S. I recieved my book!!! I can't wait to read it!!! Thanks so much!!!! :)

July 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I love your roses!

Congratulations on finishing your book!!

July 1, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Now I am singing Phantom! Thanks! :)

I love the serenity of your garden, now if some of that could just translate to Sunday for me! hehehe!

July 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Your home is truly a haven. I would feel so comfortable there. Good job Heidi

July 1, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I would love to just sit out there and visit while people brought us cool drinks. LOL

And the outside bed (did I see that right?) is fab!

July 2, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I just wish I was enjoying summer. I'm spending my time with my nose in a text book. Haven't had much time for blogging. Or summer.

Yay for the ms 2!!! Oooh, that sounds like a great movie title. =)

July 2, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Your home and garden look so lovely! It's how I would imagine Miss Delacourt's dwelling.

July 2, 2009 at 7:12 AM

If I could come, I would bring you delicate purple sprigs of lilac from our lilac bush. Somehow, flowers often make me think of you now. Happy days.

July 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Anonymous  

what a victorian feel about those pictures. beautiful

can I get your book out here in chicagoland?

July 2, 2009 at 11:20 AM

What a beautiful, beautiful home you have... Congrats on finishing your book!

July 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Gorgeous garden, gorgeous home. Congratulations on finishing your book. Would you think it inappropriate for me to bring your other book to church when I see you on the 12th and ask for your autograph? It's okay for you to say, "Don't do that." I'll totally understand. Sometimes I'm clueless about my dorkiness :-)

July 2, 2009 at 6:00 PM

You guys are the best! Thanks!

July 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM

This looks like my sisters dream place. SO beautiful! Which reminds me, do you still have books for that sale you were talkign about? I need to buy her one. :)

July 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I wish I was there too.

July 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I got them and delivered them today!!! YOU are the best!!! Thanks!!!

July 4, 2009 at 10:20 PM

How funny! I was looking through these pictures, and loving how picturesque your house and yard is, and how unlike my own home it is (for one thing, I live in an apartment), and then I saw the costco box of wipes, and I thought, "Hey, that's something you'd see in one of my pictures!" And then you told me to ignore it, and I knew that unless I import you to decorate (or photograph) for me, I'll just never be as cool as you. I love all the roses, though! And congrats on finishing your second book!

July 5, 2009 at 10:08 PM

finished your book!!!!! way to go. I love your place, it looks just like where I would like to be---if I come will you make me cookies and lemonade and we'll go smell your roses. enjoy some break time my dear

July 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM

What beautiful pictures. They made me feel more calm just looking at them. I hope you are doing well.

July 7, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Hey there. Just stopping in to say hi and I hope things are going okay :)

July 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Post a Comment