hidden away like a spider in my mind, my heart, my muscles,
its legs like tentacles the moment I stop looking for it.
Like the other shoe
it drops, landing me a glancing blow and I, having had
it was so near, lay devastated by the sting of its heel to my forehead.
I try to prevent
the pain as much as possible; am most often a bystander in life so as
the burning that always finds me/flays me in the end.
Often I tire
even of the standing and run like mad through
hoops on fire
if only to feel a different kind of pain.
I can’t outrun it and the shoes chase after me
that pain is my lot in life and will follow me wherever I go.
On the side of the road, I watch as the cars drive by ever so slowly,
but not stopping long enough to be of service.
can’t be bothered. They have important unfettered things
and drive on, sure I have done something to deserve it.
a longing to be included, to participate
life but the shoes are too busy clobbering me to listen.
They like me best, beaten and unresisting, in the box.
Which Jane Austen Heroine Are You?
The Big Guy, a Continuing Saga
Other Big Guy posts
Here There Be Dragons
More Favorite Posts
- The Day I Got "The Call"
- In Which We Take Bart To San Francisco And Encounter Danger At Every Turn
- House Hunting Is A Lot Like Ghost Hunting, Only Scarier
- House Hunting Is Scary Part Two
- House Hunting is Scary Part Three
- Restaurants We Love and Restaurants In Which We Are No Longer Welcome, One And The Same
- How To Blog Yourself Into The Looney Bin
- In Which the Knight and His Lady Find Peace In The Green Valley
- Birthday Gal Drunk on Wheat and Alcohol Fumes Mixed With Wild Ride
- The Big Guy The Refrigerator and the Shrink
Click for the list of the blogs I love to read
Read What People Are Saying About Miss D!
- Away From It All
- Blog The Day Away
- Books Are Life Reviews
- Braden Bell
- Christina at Books Are Life
- Crash Test Dummy Diaries
- Dreams Of Quill And Ink
- Eowyn at Refracted Light
- Is It Just Me?
- Kazzy's Ponderings
- Publisher's Weekly & Boolist Reviews
- Scripture Mom
- Superfluous Miscellany
- The Spasm Family
- You Asked For It
MD2: Blogdania Speaks!
- Melissa at Green Jello With Carrots
- Kazzy of Kazzy's Ponderings
- Rachel Sue at Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug
- Jana at Divergent Pathways
- Janelle at Regally Blonde
- Rebecca at I Am A Pistachio
- James at Syncopated Musings
- Lara at Overstuffed
- Braden Bell at,what else?-- Braden Bell
- L. T. at Dreams of Quill and Ink
- Debbie at Cranberry Fries
- Kim at Temporary?Insanity
- Crash at Crash Test Dummy Diaries
- Rachel at Rachel Cotterill
- Jami at Superfluous Miscellany